(update 17.2.) (WAD2 Theme) Blackberry storm (WQVGA) final update - FIXED!!! Portrait+Landscape (also fixed!!)

Guest ales100i

Guest ales100i
May I know how do I change the shortcut target for lock to S2U2, Navigator to Garmin and Browser to Opera. The lock button changed to blank or off screen and navigator and browser do not work.

Thanks in advance.

The process of changeing the shortcut is not very complicated. In short:

1. Long press somewhere on the screen

2. check the "author menu",

3. long press on icon you want to change

4. select "item properties" (not "properties", because then you will be changing the properties of entire grid)

5. select script

6. edit the last script to whatever you want (in your example, to: "launch a program", from list select s2u2)

7. IMPORTANT! - long press again somewhere on the screen wher there are no icons, and uncheck "author menu"

Anyway the complete user guide for working with WAD2 can be found here:

http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6874

Cheers

Edited by ales100i

I'm sorry, but apparently something hapened during transfer of files and the yesterday final version didn't work properly. Please download the fixed version found in post #1. Sorry again.

re-downloaded & everything works now.

thanks again ales

Hi ales, i have another question. how can i get the 3 little notification icons of Phone, SMS & Mail on top of the screen as on your attached thumbnail

Thanks

edit: found the solution, but they disappear after a soft reset. Thanks anyway

Edited by hlay

Guest ales100i
Hi ales, i have another question. how can i get the 3 little notification icons of Phone, SMS & Mail on top of the screen as on your attached thumbnail

Thanks

edit: found the solution, but they disappear after a soft reset. Thanks anyway

They are hidden when the count is zero.

They are hidden when the count is zero.

Thanks. 1 more question: i checked the Run in low memory but it seem to be not respond very well. i have to click or press hard on the buttons couple times to make it work. any idea?

Guest hackers-inc
In lanscape mode seem icon not as the same picture. the icon home is browser and navigator icon is phone

I second to that , Home menu becomes internet explorer and etc... see attached captured ... :(

screen01rg3.png

Guest hellowe

Hi there, this theme is very great and thanks for your effort.

However, I just wonder how to activate the weather info. update in this theme. I have installed SBSH Pocket Weather, and I have configured the location with update successfully.

I try to configure in the WAD2 weather option, how I enter the info? I try to input the Name as "Hong Kong" and Location Code as "HK", but, I cannot get any info update. On the other hand, I also select the "Search For" option, but, it cannot get any info. back.

Could anyone give me a hand on it?

thx

Guest chuti98
Hi there, this theme is very great and thanks for your effort.

However, I just wonder how to activate the weather info. update in this theme. I have installed SBSH Pocket Weather, and I have configured the location with update successfully.

I try to configure in the WAD2 weather option, how I enter the info? I try to input the Name as "Hong Kong" and Location Code as "HK", but, I cannot get any info update. On the other hand, I also select the "Search For" option, but, it cannot get any info. back.

Could anyone give me a hand on it?

thx

You must choose weather from Pocket Weather program first (I mean activate from that program first)

Guest uwidodo
I second to that , Home menu becomes internet explorer and etc... see attached captured ... :(

screen01rg3.png

I had same problem with this, how to manage shortcut to correct program?

Guest DJRedLine

Great theme

I have got Pocketweather to find and update the weather for my town, but the icon in WAD never updates and sits there showing N/A

In WAD settings i have entered my Home Settings with location code but it does nothing.

Any other options that should be enabled or set?

Guest ales100i

screen01rg3.png

I tried very hard to find a solution for the problem, but i couldn't find it. So i created the landscape theme again from scratch. Find it in first post (landscape V2). I 'm testing it for a day and it seems that it's working ok now.

Great theme

I have got Pocketweather to find and update the weather for my town, but the icon in WAD never updates and sits there showing N/A

In WAD settings i have entered my Home Settings with location code but it does nothing.

Any other options that should be enabled or set?

You have to set it to automatically update in WAD and in Pocket weather (in pocket weather find it under updates, automatic).

Guest zagzag99

Very nice theme

Really want to use it but it's still feels too slow in responses (I set the Low-Memory Setting).

I can't replace my current WAD theme because I hate it when the device react slowly.

Hi

Sorry im a newb

got all the files downloaded....now im stuck at step one! where is the blackberrystorm file? i downloaded wad2 directly from their website but its not the registered version, do i need to register and pay to get this working right?

cheers

good work on the theme

Guest DJRedLine
Hi

Sorry im a newb

got all the files downloaded....now im stuck at step one! where is the blackberrystorm file? i downloaded wad2 directly from their website but its not the registered version, do i need to register and pay to get this working right?

cheers

good work on the theme

No you don't need to register to get the theme working. Only register is going to keep using WAD.

The blackberry files are on 1st post. Place them anywhere on your Omnia, Run WAD for 1st time as this creates the 'Theme' folder. Exit WAD then just run the blackberry files and it will prompt you for install directory, highlight the newly created 'themes' folder and click OK.

Now follow the rest of the instructions on page 1.

No you don't need to register to get the theme working. Only register is going to keep using WAD.

The blackberry files are on 1st post. Place them anywhere on your Omnia, Run WAD for 1st time as this creates the 'Theme' folder. Exit WAD then just run the blackberry files and it will prompt you for install directory, highlight the newly created 'themes' folder and click OK.

Now follow the rest of the instructions on page 1.

i am going to tests it on my device later this evening..

I did test it on a virtual pda on pc..

is there a way we can set SMS button to direct u to the default windows sms app ?

Guest DJRedLine
i am going to tests it on my device later this evening..

I did test it on a virtual pda on pc..

is there a way we can set SMS button to direct u to the default windows sms app ?

Yes

Go into author mode, then edit the properties of the SMS icon. The 'Launch a program' command needs to be edited to run the following "\Windows\TMail.exe" -Service "SMS"

(with the quotes)