Google Maps

Guest alana0j

Guest alana0j

Forgive me for asking what may seem like a silly question, but I can't seem to get the GPS to work with Google Maps. I've tried with and without the Modaco GPS unlock but it just won't work...are there any steps that I need to take to get Google Maps to be able to utilize my BJ2's GPS?

Guest drdownload
Forgive me for asking what may seem like a silly question, but I can't seem to get the GPS to work with Google Maps. I've tried with and without the Modaco GPS unlock but it just won't work...are there any steps that I need to take to get Google Maps to be able to utilize my BJ2's GPS?

whats the error message?

Guest alana0j
whats the error message?

Heh well it's late because I had to sell my BJ2 and downgraded to my old SE W580i, but just so I know for future reference, if I selected COM 4 as instructed it could not initialize GPS. If I selected to Windows to do it, it would search for satellites and never be able to find them.

Heh well it's late because I had to sell my BJ2 and downgraded to my old SE W580i, but just so I know for future reference, if I selected COM 4 as instructed it could not initialize GPS. If I selected to Windows to do it, it would search for satellites and never be able to find them.

Had the same problem with my new (second) BJII with the win 6.1. Had to install the MoDaCo_i617_Tweak_Pack, selected "managed by Windows" in GPS settings for google maps options.

Works like a charm now!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest troychen
Had the same problem with my new (second) BJII with the win 6.1. Had to install the MoDaCo_i617_Tweak_Pack, selected "managed by Windows" in GPS settings for google maps options.

Works like a charm now!

Sorry if this is a naive question. I thought the Tweak Pack enabled COM6 for the GPS. So shouldn't the manual/COM6 option be selected instead of "managed by Windows"?

Guest drdownload

it depends on the software you use. some software can use the microsoft intermediate driver directly without need for the comport settings. (google maps, garmin xt...)

others like gpstest require a com port setting.