Fixing bluetooth audio routing for i900

Guest liads

Guest Khuanchai
I've not modified the bootloader, this is simply the i908 IB1 bootloader. I had to replace nk.exe in the XIP, which seems to be in some way linked to the bootloader used. Basically, to boot properly, you need to use the same bootloader version as the nk.exe...

My friend been playing with his all night and seems to be behaving :(

Using the i908 boot loader, will the PDA version change from i900DXIA5 to i908DXIB1?

Guest Stevenh
Using the i908 boot loader, will the PDA version change from i900DXIA5 to i908DXIB1?

No, it is still i900DXIA5 as only using part of i908 XIP and some of it's drivers. I would prefer to use all i908 XIP and drivers and use i900DXIA5 apps, but would have to mess around a little bit with the drivers to get rid of all the chinese and to make sure nothing extra needed for EU as opposed to Taiwan... don't think it's a lot but a bit tired lately and want to focus next effort on porting to newer XIP/SYS.

I have a newer XIP/SYS version, but designed for 240x320 res so would have to modify all the resource files to 240x400, anybody got experience on this?

Thanks

Steven

Guest Khuanchai
No, it is still i900DXIA5 as only using part of i908 XIP and some of it's drivers. I would prefer to use all i908 XIP and drivers and use i900DXIA5 apps, but would have to mess around a little bit with the drivers to get rid of all the chinese and to make sure nothing extra needed for EU as opposed to Taiwan... don't think it's a lot but a bit tired lately and want to focus next effort on porting to newer XIP/SYS.

I have a newer XIP/SYS version, but designed for 240x320 res so would have to modify all the resource files to 240x400, anybody got experience on this?

Thanks

Steven

I understand that if you use the eboot.nb0 and nk.exe from i908, this will change your device to i908. Please check it with start>settings>version. However, this is not serious as we can go back to original i900 version anytime.

For porting from 240X320 to 240x400, this is not difficult at all. What you have to do is to replace 5 folders named *_dpi_96_resh_240_resv_320 with omnia's *_dpi_96_resh_240_resv_400. This will change it to omnia screen resolution. However, from my experience, porting XIP/SYS from other device, will usually drive the finger mouse and multiple file selection bugs. Hope you can pass through these.

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest sector
I understand that if you use the eboot.nb0 and nk.exe from i908, this will change your device to i908. Please check it with start>settings>version. However, this is not serious as we can go back to original i900 version anytime.

For porting from 240X320 to 240x400, this is not difficult at all. What you have to do is to replace 5 folders named *_dpi_96_resh_240_resv_320 with omnia's *_dpi_96_resh_240_resv_400. This will change it to omnia screen resolution. However, from my experience, porting XIP/SYS from other device, will usually drive the finger mouse and multiple file selection bugs. Hope you can pass through these.

+1 :(.

Still there is no solution with the finger mouse, i hope also that you can bypass it.

Kuanchai if eboot.nb0 fails can it be fixed by flashing again? I know that if pda or phone are not working it is ok to flash again.

Im just wondering if this will break the flashing procedure.

Guest Khuanchai
+1 :(.

Still there is no solution with the finger mouse, i hope also that you can bypass it.

Kuanchai if eboot.nb0 fails can it be fixed by flashing again? I know that if pda or phone are not working it is ok to flash again.

Im just wondering if this will break the flashing procedure.

We can flash omnia with i908 eboot.nb0 plus i900 PDA part but it won't boot. However, we can always flash it back to normal i900 ROM.

Guest Stevenh

I've checked on mine and definitely says i900DXIA5... did you change anything else?

I will probably start on the XIP/SYS porting tonight or tomorrow. Wasn't sure if I could just replace those folders with the ones we already have or if there are anything new and have to create new ones, I'll check each file in the folder to see if anythings changed and if we need new one.

I'll probably just start with porting existing 20757 or 20954 version first before going to 21015. Do you know which version is latest non-beta? Which ones are the wm6.5 ones so I can avoid those? Only want to do stable ROMs for now...

My next step after all this is to look at WM6.5 so if you think having the XIP ported would help, you can PM me the link to the various parts of the kitchen later, but in no hurry for them now.

Thanks

Steven

Guest Stevenh
We can flash omnia with i908 eboot.nb0 plus i900 PDA part but it won't boot. However, we can always flash it back to normal i900 ROM.

The i908 eboot will only boot with either my XIP or the original i908 XIP, though I don't think it will boot properly if you mix original i908 XIP with the i900 SYS without modifying the .VM and .ROM folders etc.

The solution I posted definitely works as me and my friend are using it.

Shokka, can you confirm if you tried it and is it working?

To ensure everything clean, do the following after extracted all parts and just before running buildrom:

1. delete everything under ROM except for imgfs.src, note that this should actually be imgfs.bin extracted during the extract phase, but was deleted by the batch file, the version in the kitchen seems to be just the header part though there are slight differences in the IA5 version, my batch files use imgfs.bin. Not sure if makes any difference though.

2. copy my xip_out.bin into here (romhdr.bin not really required as we are about t create it...

3. run shell.cmd at kitchen root.

4. cd rom

5. dump xip_out.bin

5.a. cd ..

5.b. osnbtool -c os.nb 1 rom\xip_out.bin

5.c. del os.nb

5.d. ren os.nb.new os.nb

6. do liads fix

7. copy zyonlite_keypad_us.dll into oemdrivers

8. cook by dragging os.nb over buildrom.bat

9 flash with GP my supplied bootimage_zh.nb0 and your new pda.bin

Guest shokka9

hi guys....

didnt have time yesterday, but will have a crack later..sounds fairly straight forward. I will let you guys know. I cant see there being any issues...

If it works, it works. Well done.

Guest Khuanchai
I'll probably just start with porting existing 20757 or 20954 version first before going to 21015. Do you know which version is latest non-beta? Which ones are the wm6.5 ones so I can avoid those? Only want to do stable ROMs for now...

Steven

I think the latest official HTC ROM is build 20765 (Iolite). Not sure any newer official 6.1 build will come.

Guest Stevenh
I think the latest official HTC ROM is build 20765 (Iolite). Not sure any newer official 6.1 build will come.

hmm... that's strange, in Stzupy's page he has 20954 as one of the packages, so is this beta? seems to have things like voip but having problems with phone part as it won't register cprog for some reason... unless it is somehow corrupted in my download :(

ps. finger mouse and multi selection issue still exists...

Edited by Stevenh

Guest shokka9

can somebody please post working cab for Cyberon Voice Dialler, or a direct link to it. I went to their site, but DL page is blank for me here at work.

Gonna cook into ROMs next time around i think, help you guys out a bit.

Guest Stevenh
stevenh,

does your fix let people use a bluetooth headset for the FM Radio?

Hi, my fix is the same as Liads except it also fixes the wakeup issue... I'm not sure about the fm radio through bluetooth... either way you'd still need the headset plugged in as that acts as the aerial for the radio...

Guest shokka9
Khuanchai, do you still need jetware for cyberon voice dial to work?

Thanks

Steven

i dont think you do bro, but i dont know....i havent even got a BT headset, i just fly blind me :(

me off for tonight. laters..

Guest happy_joe

Has anyone tried Steven's fix and found success?

I tried Liads's fix but the problem still exists. My phone version is i908ZHIB1 and PDA version is i900DXIA5.

Guest nscxp2005

Liads or Stevenh,

Could you tell me what the FM driver is for? is it for routing the audio from the FM Radio app to the headset or for something else?

Thank you for your time

All the best

NSCXP2005

Guest topbanana4

got voice command to work when i spoke a command ( call jane etc) but when jane called me voice command is supposed to tell me in my bluetooth headset who is calling but it says nothing . any clues how to make the work ????

Guest Stevenh
Liads or Stevenh,

Could you tell me what the FM driver is for? is it for routing the audio from the FM Radio app to the headset or for something else?

Thank you for your time

All the best

NSCXP2005

Without the fm radio driver you won't get any sound from radio at all. It is simply due to changes in the audio driver that any other drivers that route audio is likely to be affected. It does not add additional functionality over what already present in i900DXIA5.

Guest shokka9
Here it is. It'll be great if it is included in the next ROM.

Regards

Thanks bro, expect this to be cooked in on the next set of ROMs (approx 1 week away).

Appreciated greatly.

Guest nscxp2005

Stevenh,

Will I still need to have the headphones that came with the omnia connected for the radio to work with the bluetooth headset?

If not how do I get it working with just the bluetooth headset?

Thank you for your time

All the best

NSCXP2005

Guest EBela
Khuanchai, do you still need jetware for cyberon voice dial to work?

Thanks

Steven

Yes it need the jetware, but Cyberon voice dial working very fine! Thanks for liads, Khuanchai and Shokka9!

Extra: I can switch iGO sound for BT und speaker too. With my Motorola H505.

:(