Fixing bluetooth audio routing for i900

Guest liads

Guest Ali Ghassemi

Dear Liads,

I followed the below steps and succeeded to get the voice command working over my mono bluetooth headset and therefore I would like to tank you so much for what you have done.

Here is what I have done:

1- Updating my phone using the latest Taril's Costume ROM ( to be found on this forum) and converting my ROM from JVHI2 to DXIA2 ( actually based on the procedure proposed by Taril, this update has been done in 2 steps)

2- Updating my phone by your ROM ( the 2nd version) using Grandprix.

So far everything works fine (specially Voice Command) except the FM Radio. If I connect my wired headset ( naturally without having the Bluetooth activated) all the sounds and music will be routed to it with a very good quality but when I start the FM radio ( after a successful channels scan) no audio can be heard from the headset. Is there any solution for this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Guest Stevenh

I can confirm this is indeed a bug with Liads solution, I haven't tried KhuanChai's solution yet, can anyone else confirm if this issue exists as well?

Thanks

Steven

Guest Stevenh

For anyone that's interested. I've flashed my phone with the i908 IB1 firmware hacked to english using IA2 language files and everything seems to work fine, no speakerphone problem, no radio problem and no wakeup problem (though I have noticed now that setting 'front' for wakeup option means any of the front 3 buttons and not just the middle one, maybe always been like that but never noticed it...). Will try bluetooth voice command thing on Sat when I get to borrow my friend's headset.

Only language issue I've come across so far is in the bluetooth options screen, one of the pages seems to be messed up, think that page is for ftp sim access or something so don't really care about it. Also the phonepad ime doesn't work, I probably messed up while I was deleting files enthusiastically B)

Anyway, it can be done and it works :(

Steven

Guest sepp_a_u

are there some screenshots available, so I can see the rom before I download it and update my omnia i900? maybe some screenshots from the "home" and then some where the other new things are shown.

kind regards

For anyone that's interested. I've flashed my phone with the i908 IB1 firmware hacked to english using IA2 language files and everything seems to work fine, no speakerphone problem, no radio problem and no wakeup problem (though I have noticed now that setting 'front' for wakeup option means any of the front 3 buttons and not just the middle one, maybe always been like that but never noticed it...). Will try bluetooth voice command thing on Sat when I get to borrow my friend's headset.

Only language issue I've come across so far is in the bluetooth options screen, one of the pages seems to be messed up, think that page is for ftp sim access or something so don't really care about it. Also the phonepad ime doesn't work, I probably messed up while I was deleting files enthusiastically B)

Steven

Good job !

It's good to know that all problems can eventually be solved by taking more parts from the IB1 ROM.

are there some screenshots available, so I can see the rom before I download it and update my omnia i900? maybe some screenshots from the "home" and then some where the other new things are shown.

kind regards

If you refer to the ROM I've put on the main post, then it looks exactly like DXIA2. Nothing is changed visually.

Just got an idea about non-working libraries when they're simply overwritten (as opposed to cooking).

May it be that they aren't working because of security reasons? I mean, WM always asks if we trust

a component when the component is loaded for the first time. May it be the case? There is no way

to see the question or answer "yes" when, for instance, touch.dll is loaded at WM startup.

May be some certificate must be added for it along with overwriting the original library?

liads, Khuanchai, what do you think?

I think you might be correct.

From all my plays with the audio driver and his OEMDrivers buddies, I think they're not digitally signed at all.

I was even able to patch the driver, cook it, and it worked !

According to MS documentation, drivers are supposed to be signed by a privileged certificate if they get loaded on boot.

It might be that drivers which are cooked as ROM modules get to skip this security check. It's also logical, because files which get installed as ROM modules are being split for optimization purposes when the ROM is built. As a result, the data is not sitting as a single file and cannot be easily checked for signature validity.

Though, it's just a theory at the moment :(

Guest Khuanchai

Steven

Do you mean using all SYS and OEM from i908IB1 or just the SYS? If you just use the SYS from IB1, do you also replace touch.dll, speakerphone, and zylonite_wavedev2.dll?

I have done this before. My findings were:

1. Use SYS from i908IB1 only (with language files from i900IA2), almost everything worked except BT routing

2. Use SYS + replace those DLLs from i908IB1, BT routing worked but with wakeup bug

3. Use SYS + replace those DLLs from i908HH2, BT routing worked but with touch screen bug

4. Use SYS + OEM from i908IB1, BT routing worked but with wakeup bug and many other bugs from driver conflicts

Guest Stevenh
Do you mean using all SYS and OEM from i908IB1 or just the SYS? If you just use the SYS from IB1, do you also replace touch.dll, speakerphone, and zylonite_wavedev2.dll?

I have done this before. My findings were:

1. Use SYS from i908IB1 only (with language files from i900IA2), almost everything worked except BT routing

2. Use SYS + replace those DLLs from i908IB1, BT routing worked but with wakeup bug

3. Use SYS + replace those DLLs from i908HH2, BT routing worked but with touch screen bug

4. Use SYS + OEM from i908IB1, BT routing worked but with wakeup bug and many other bugs from driver conflicts

Using SYS and OEM from IB1 and language files from IA2. Still trying to get rid of a few issues with the sips and problem with timewizard.exe and downloadagent.exe not able to start at boot though...

Guest Chris64
Patience :(

Still working on the remaining problems.

I bought my Omnia for last Christ-mas.

I've been waiting for the solution since. so what's the big deal a couple of weeks more.

Take your time and, thank you everybody!!!

Edited by Chris64

Guest whatledog
I can confirm this is indeed a bug with Liads solution, I haven't tried KhuanChai's solution yet, can anyone else confirm if this issue exists as well?

Thanks

Steven

Just tried FMradio on KhuanChai's, and it's working fine, with wired headset, of course. :(

Guest Khuanchai

Untouched original i900_IA2 ROM with bluetooth audio routing patch only

Friends,

Requested by my ROM testers, I decided to make this ROM for public download. It's the original i900_IA2 ROM supplied by secany a few months ago. I only patched 3 modules from i908_IB1 ROM and add liads' registry to enable the bluetooth audio routing. Everything else was untouched. You will need to install a voice command program you like. Please be notified that this ROM still has a wakeup bug that you can only use the power button and bluetooth headset to wake it up from standby.

This will be the only non-M2D ROM I will cook for distribution. I may cook a full functional M2D ROM customized with voice speed dial if there is a reasonable request from users.

I remove the link intentionally because I haven't tested the FM radio function and guess it may not work.

Thanks to:

1. Liads' initiation for this audio patch

2. Mrtoto and staff from pdamobiz.com for the great rom kitchen tool

3. Secany for his ROM supply

4. Those who tested my ROM

Notes:

1. Upgrading ROM may have a risk. I take no responsibility if you brick your phone using my ROM upgrade.

2. If you find my contribution useful, please support modaco and pdamobiz websites.

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest Ali Ghassemi

Dear Khuanchai,

Thank you so much for your hard work.

Did you read my post concerning the FM Radio malfunction?

Is this problem resolved on your new ROM?

Awaiting your kind reply,

Ali.

Guest bobobird

Thanks Khuanchai

I hope liads or you can make available the required files etc and instructions so that our MASTER CHEFS can undate their IA1 releases...

Edited by bobobird

Guest nscxp2005

Hi Liads,

Could tell me how I can get this working with the ROM Taril realesed? would it be possible to modify it before flashing it to my phone?

Thank you for your time

NSCXP2005

Guest shokka9

waiting patiently......IA5 is available, so ROMs will be built...looks like this fix might not be ready fully to our users tho...

maybe....keep up the good works guys and thanks too!

Untouched original i900_IA2 ROM with bluetooth audio routing patch only

Friends,

Requested by my ROM testers, I decided to make this ROM for public download. It's the original i900_IA2 ROM supplied by secany a few months ago. I only patched 3 modules from i908_IB1 ROM and add liads' registry to enable the bluetooth audio routing. Everything else was untouched. You will need to install a voice command program you like. Please be notified that this ROM still has a wakeup bug that you can only use the power button and bluetooth headset to wake it up from standby.

This will be the only non-M2D ROM I will cook for distribution. I may cook a full functional M2D ROM customized with voice speed dial if there is a reasonable request from users.

I remove the link intentionally because I haven't tested the FM radio function and guess it may not work.

Thanks to:

1. Liads' initiation for this audio patch

2. Mrtoto and staff from pdamobiz.com for the great rom kitchen tool

3. Secany for his ROM supply

4. Those who tested my ROM

Notes:

1. Upgrading ROM may have a risk. I take no responsibility if you brick your phone using my ROM upgrade.

2. If you find my contribution useful, please support modaco and pdamobiz websites.

Is this different from the ROM I made on the main post?

Guest Stevenh
hello liads

WITH YOUR ROM BTAR2 can i update just pda and csc if i have i900DXIA2/QB04

If you already have IA2 installed, then you can flash just the pda.bin. CSC should not be necessary if you want to keep things mostly as before...

I have built a 'cleanish' ROM if you're interested, let me know, stripped out loads of stuff including a lot of IMEI info and non english stuff so only good for UK at the moment :(

Guest Khuanchai
Is this different from the ROM I made on the main post?

I planned to add BT audio routing and FM radio patches to the original i900_IA2 executable file (PDA/Phone/CSC). This may be easier for newbies. However, I decided to discontinue this ROM distribution until there is a new ROM coming out. The newly appeared IA5 seems to me not much changes from IA2 so I will skip this one.

Edited by Khuanchai