Fixing bluetooth audio routing for i900

Guest liads

well it seems so B)

maybe the qualcomm chipset has a BT optimization built-in..

anyway you can't say those 2 cpu running at the same frequency will perform the same.

and I believe tcpmp doesn't report correct values.

but, maybe you're right and BT driver needs optimization from samsung, who knows..

thats what i afraid about, because i always using my phone for BT music, in Cruise it was very good cpu and battery usage (more than 6 hours mp3 playing with BT headphone), but Qualcomm bad speed on multi-process, when i get net rush on opera with BT music playing the Cruise will always hanged or speed drop very low. On i900 even high CPU usage at BT music playing (like the issue in upon post) and going with Opera on HSDPA net rush, the i900 act like thunder, just the battery will run out very fast (maybe 3 or 4 hours? even i just playing music also). the secondary battery should be solving this :(

Guest topbanana4

i dont' want fm radio and mp3 songs to go into my bluetooth headset i just want voice command to work ,so which files do i change to make this work.

Guest liads
Right guys, thought I'd share a little good news with everyone. For those who are a little annoyed about the wakeup thing, don't worry I should have a fix for it in the next week or two :(

The bad news, you're likely going to have to use a new XIP section (I'm still working on figuring out exactly which module causes the issue and if it can be relocated) and possibly a new bootloader if nk.exe is affected. Secondly, a number of drivers will have to be replaced as well as it's a combination of many things.

Personally I would prefer to have all drivers from the same build just to make sure no nasty surprises later on, but will find out which ones need to be replaced next week.

I may release everything as a guide once I also get the SYS and XIP porting bits working properly and if anyone's interested my tweaked mini kitchen which should handle all these porting things, then you can move it to the full kitchen to run syakr etc.

Watch this space B)

Steven

ps. If anyone is interested in trying out the i908 IB1 ROM ported to english, give me a shout, that might be next experiment :P

Nice going.

I'm currently researching towards a little different solution, trying to determine the conflicting change made to the audio driver since the i908 HH2 rom and patch it accordingly.

Note that, from my experience, there's a conflict between the i908 bluetooth driver and something else in the i900 rom, causing poor BT performance (some operations can hang).

Good luck !

Guest Stevenh
Nice going.

I'm currently researching towards a little different solution, trying to determine the conflicting change made to the audio driver since the i908 HH2 rom and patch it accordingly.

Note that, from my experience, there's a conflict between the i908 bluetooth driver and something else in the i900 rom, causing poor BT performance (some operations can hang).

Good luck !

What operations are you talking about? I can try it on my 'hybrid' setup to see if issue still exists. I think maybe better just to go with full i908 driver set to avoid conflicts...

Downside to this is that to fix the wakeup bug, you also need to use nk.exe from the i908 XIP and in order to use that, you also need to use the bootloader supplied with the i908 IB1 ROM B)

I have still to work out which other driver(s) needed for wakeup to function properly as wakeup issue only went away after patching the XIP and using the complete i908 driver set. Maybe tomorrow or next week will try to get a solution or I might wait till I've ported to newer version, I have 21109 to try :(

Guest chokia

Motorola-S9-1.gif

REPORT ON MOTO S9 with Microsoft Recite and Vito Notes Touch (Voice Recorder)

audionotestouch-h-d2.jpgMicrosoft-Recite.jpg

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you have to press button when you want to record, and yeah you can hear them again on both earsets!

That will be conflicting with Microsoft Voice Command, when the command will ask to "Please Repeat" so funny

And the duration of the recording is the same length when you press the call button on the bt headset until Microsoft Voice Command ends it. maybe it will be longer if you dont install MVC.

But The voice routing via BT headset's mic to Microsoft Recite and Vito Notes Touch WORKS!!

Thats all that matter! keep up the good work!

Guest bobobird
1. Press the call button on your BT Headset

2. Then Say "Open Microsoft Recite" or " Open Vito Notes Touch"

LOL, that is what I thought but then got confused when you said something about not having MVC installed. hehe

Thanks

Guest Stevenh

Great news! I've fixed the wake up issue now, the final fix requires editing the XIP, using a new bootloader and replacing another driver in OEMDrivers :(

I'll upload a 'lite' ROM for test purposes tomorrow or something, it would be great if some of yous could try it out.

My friend is currently using it on his phone while I pursue other experiments on mine B)

Steven

Guest gianton
Great news! I've fixed the wake up issue now, the final fix requires editing the XIP, using a new bootloader and replacing another driver in OEMDrivers :(

I'll upload a 'lite' ROM for test purposes tomorrow or something, it would be great if some of yous could try it out.

My friend is currently using it on his phone while I pursue other experiments on mine B)

Steven

Indeed great news m8, thanks! Waiting your upload.

Guest bobobird

Steven

Nice.............

Once all issues are resolved, the master chefs around here will no doubt incorporate the fix into their custom roms. Shokka is already doing it, but lets hope the others will follow up as well.

Thx Steven

Edited by bobobird

Guest shokka9

stevenh can you share these files?? i have just built a new LITE ROM using the Liads files..

I can add your stuff too, so it works better and get more people to test it..Once this has been confirmed as working...then we all (chefs) add it to our ROMs.

Guest Stevenh

Hi, sorry for late reply, been rather busy today as it's double points day on COD WAW and got some catching up to do :(

Anyhow, here are the additional parts needed on top of Liads solution.

Copy the driver into OEMDrivers.

put xip_out.bin and romhdr.bin into rom directory

in kitchen root, assuming still using stzupy's repacked one, run shell.cmd which will open a command window.

type:

osnbtool -c os.nb 1 rom\xip_out.bin

del os.nb

ren os.nb.new os.nb

cook as usual

flash newrom.bin and the attached bootloader to phone with included grand prix.

!!!!Warning!!!! This is recommended for cooks or those who really know what they are doing as if you don't flash bootloader properly, it will brick your phone!

Usual disclaimers apply...

Enjoy!

Steven

steves_bt_fix.zip

Guest liads
What operations are you talking about? I can try it on my 'hybrid' setup to see if issue still exists. I think maybe better just to go with full i908 driver set to avoid conflicts...

Well, most noticed was BT device pairing. It hanged for like a minute, or until I put the device to suspend mode and back.

But I see you eventually didn't take all i908 drivers.

The keypad driver is indeed required for the wakeup to work 'the i908 way'.

Now that you say that the incompatibility was in nk.exe, it even makes sense. It's the WM kernel, and apparently it also holds the 'hardware abstraction layer'. They probably modified something in there which changes how the drivers communicate with the keypad.

Even though it's great to have this solved at last, I'm hesitant when it comes to flashing the bootloader.

However, I'll probably eventually go this way if I won't succeed in my current attempts...

Great work, Stevenh !

Guest sector

Stevenh i want to ask you again? what have you changed in the bootloader? :(

What is affecting this so this bootloader must be cooked?

Guest Stevenh

I've not modified the bootloader, this is simply the i908 IB1 bootloader. I had to replace nk.exe in the XIP, which seems to be in some way linked to the bootloader used. Basically, to boot properly, you need to use the same bootloader version as the nk.exe...

My friend been playing with his all night and seems to be behaving :(

Guest shokka9

right stevenh, i gonna give it a go shortly....

So, to ensure this is right. I use Liads files and yours....

I will not use GP to flash, i will make a ROM, and replace the necessary files, then build ROM..the use my .exe to update the Omnia.

Should be ok right??

Guest Stevenh
right stevenh, i gonna give it a go shortly....

So, to ensure this is right. I use Liads files and yours....

I will not use GP to flash, i will make a ROM, and replace the necessary files, then build ROM..the use my .exe to update the Omnia.

Should be ok right??

Yes use Liads files as well. I've never created an exe updater before so can't comment on that, I've always used GP as it gives more flexibility, especially for quick testing etc...

I'd recommend flashing with GP first and make sure you're happy with the solution first...

Guest shokka9

ok, thanks bro.. You have got the hang of this quite quickly (congrats).

Yeah, i guide would be appreciated on the SYS & XIP thing. Well done on that too.

Good work bro...