New Omnia ROM DXIA5 released by Samsung

Guest ldbs

btw as i mentioned in the first page,

samsung has added movie trailers lol, and i guess they are out of date on movies

cause it's transformers 1 and kung fu panda, and some samsung movie thing

how about its performance and battery life? any report for these?

only want to upgrade to this ROm if there is a improvenents in performance and battrey life.

or waiting Taril create his custom DXIA5 rom B)

Agree - would rather wait for Taril's custom rom :(

my friend did check.

only few cosmetic changes.

1. Phonebook page no longer have to press the ULTRA MINI A-Z to choose name. The A-Z list is consolidated into a scroll bar when u can flick scroll A-Z of ur choice.

2. Widget Can customise cool.

3. Alarm much better interface.

4.Widget nw includes CNN news, yahoo stocks, google search bar, Yahoo, Weather Bar, And option to download more widgets from their samsung site.

5.Settings page is classified into 4 big tabs--> sound,display,power,memory , the main ones with " ALL SETTINGS" below.

We already know those features from previous beta ROMs.

How about big volume control? :(

Aaaaargh, bloatware pisses me off. Who wants to download movie trailers with their official drivers? WTH is Samsung thinking?

thats is why you have to wait for custom roms.

thats is why you have to wait for custom roms.

Indeed, I only use custom roms.

I just can't understand Samsung's warped logic. Not everyone has high-speed connections or limitless caps. Think, Sammy. :(

I've just disassembled this new one:

It contains:

- two customer.csc (one normal and the second one with 120mb size - probably that damn trailers)

- eboot, pda, phone like any other ROM

I'll unpack it and try to cook new ROM based on this one in the evening. Stay tooned :(.

Guest Stevenh

Yeah CSC2 installs to my storage and has the shitty trailers, so can ignore that one. Phone is IA2, so no change there. Doesn't seem to be much update over IA2 either?

Yeah CSC2 installs to my storage and has the shitty trailers, so can ignore that one. Phone is IA2, so no change there. Doesn't seem to be much update over IA2 either?

That's what I think too :(. We will see in the evening.

That's what I think too :( . We will see in the evening.

Personally I prefer your m2d roms, I like Tarils too.

Anyone tried the chinese wm6.5?

Its nice to see some movement, thought that was it for the i900

one question is that if u can can delete those trailers from the storage after the ROM upgrade.

yes, but not much point installing in first place...

I know, but i believe this is how Samsung is getting the omnia financed now, I believe that its not taking the omnia seriously anymore, if they can get sponsors to finance new ROMS and include thier crap it the ROMs,then they will develop them, otherwise their attention is towards making the Omnia HD the ultimate Samsung phone.

Hope that in the next Rom we dont find ads of food stuffs or other crap when u turn on the fone. that would be really a killer!!! LOL

Well we shouldnt complain too much,at least we are getting something and hopefully we can delete the extra garbage that comes with it. :( B)

Edited by kav

I know, but i believe this is how Samsung is getting the omnia financed now, I believe that its not taking the omnia seriously anymore, if they can get sponsors to finance new ROMS and include thier crap it the ROMs,then they will develop them, otherwise their attention is towards making the Omnia HD the ultimate Samsung phone.

Hope that in the next Rom we dont find ads of food stuffs or other crap when u turn on the fone. that would be really a killer!!! LOL

Well we shouldnt complain too much,at least we are getting something and hopefully we can delete the extra garbage that comes with it. :( B)

For me there can be even advertisment of old socks if that would make development of new roms possible :P .

For me there can be even advertisment of old socks if that would make development of new roms possible :P .

Hold on to that thought. :D

Now imagine they make an extremely annoying ad running just as u turn on ur fone and have to wait like 2 mins until it reaches the main menu LOL!! :( B)

anyhow, totally agree with u on that.

Edited by kav

Guest bobobird
I've just disassembled this new one:

It contains:

- two customer.csc (one normal and the second one with 120mb size - probably that damn trailers)

- eboot, pda, phone like any other ROM

I'll unpack it and try to cook new ROM based on this one in the evening. Stay tooned :( .

Silly question - what did you use to disassemble / unpack roms ?

Thanks

Guest emenent

guys.

I am having a problem. Downloaded the latest DXIA2. My phone has DXHK3 but when i run the updater, it says the phone already has the newest rom. I havent run the updater before and my phone version is showing DXHK3.

Guest danisard
Kitchen from PaSSoA's link and Pako's Rom Extactor.

I get an error dissambling customer_2.csc. Do you use i900executor to disassemble the csc?

sorry for my english

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.