New Omnia ROM DXIA5 released by Samsung

Guest ldbs

Guest pml_318
manual hard reset (hold on/off button + power button) disable in this ROM, not sure whether manual hard reset applicable to CUSTOM ROM only...

but i managed to do that :(

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia
I've just disassembled this new one:

It contains:

- two customer.csc (one normal and the second one with 120mb size - probably that damn trailers)

- eboot, pda, phone like any other ROM

I'll unpack it and try to cook new ROM based on this one in the evening. Stay tooned :( .

Qbus, may you be the BEST ROM magician for our beloved original Omnia until its younger and much more powerful brother HD is in our welcome hands again.

I never try Taril's ROM but who knows. If I can manage to have the best ROM for the Omnia for several more months before all the bugs (hopefully) are ironed out in the HD version then a good donation will be on its way to the BEST ROM magician.

To all the Omnia ROM magicians, thank you so much for making this a fun learning experience of customizing our Omnia (Samsung please take notes from them and be thankful). WM is still good for hacking and hope Symbian is the same, you know what I meant.

Qbus, may you be the BEST ROM magician for our beloved original Omnia until its younger and much more powerful brother HD is in our welcome hands again.

For me phone based on Symbian is "only" a phone :( that's why I won't buy Omnia HD.

Guest justpratik
For me phone based on Symbian is "only" a phone :( that's why I won't buy Omnia HD.

you are right.

symbian mobile is just the complex skeleton mobile that do the things.

yes, you cant develope and modify opsystem easily. unuserfriendly. :(

WinMo as OS which is based on "big" sysops contains almost all of features as they. If you look at the architecture of WinMo and Symbian you have a feeling that WinMo is real OS while symbian is just a more complicated telephone firmware.

I agree that maybe for "normal" user Symbian is more user friendly and it is easier to use Symbian-based phone then WinMo. But this is only becouse of the things I wrote above. As I'm not "normal" user and I prefer to have a computer in my pocket with ability to make a phonecalls (and not a phone with ability to run apps) I choose WinMo.

Easiness of developing and modifing OS is not the only thing I take under consideration B) .

Is'nt symbian now open source and therefore modifiable ??

That version of symbian is Symbian Foundation, not exist yet in any symbian phone. Even in the recent announced symbian phones like Samsung Omnia HD, Sony Ericsson Idou still using s60 5th Edition similar like 5800 and N97

Anyway back to Topic

Is this Official Firmware DXA15 has Opera version that play youtube natively? (flashlite3.1 support)

Guest shokka9
I was so excited yesterday about this ROM but then since the bluetooth problem not fixed and nobody interested to mod the fix in their custom ROM, so my excitement gone back to zero.

What a dissapointment

I will release one very soon.........dont be disappointed; if something isnt quite right, chefs dont like to use..

But i will put it out there for you guys to play with...

Just wait my friend.

Guest bobobird

Thx shokka

Thx chokia for the symbian info. But... I will for sure be getting the HD, as an additional phone,

Will keep the i900 as a spare. I have 2 very old spares but the keys on those are not working properly so have to get a new spare anyway.

Edited by bobobird

Guest bobobird

About IA5

Any feedback ??

Tried it but dont see much difference or improvements over IA2.

Enhanced GPS has gone back to an earlier version.

Couple of new widgets ie Love Calc but not very useful if you have multiple girlfriends :(

Dear All,

am quite new with this PPC thingy so pls bare with me.....

Tried out the DXIA5 for 48 hrs now and here are some of the quirks ive experienced so far.....

1)YOUTUBE>>Streaming Player, still cant play directly the videos,i dunno maybe my settings in the streaming player option menu is wrong,tried to set it to Connect Via:"my internet" or "the internet" for the connection.....but still gives me "server or data time out" error.....dunno if the new opera or streaming player can play youtube.....or maybe i have not set up opera itself to play youtube videos,instead of going/redirecting the video to streaming player whenever i play a movie????is there a set up thing???btw i am just using the active sync via cable internet connection only.....dont also know if i have to set up anything there specially in the "my Internet"(add new modem...,set up proxy....,manage existing connection)/"my network" category"(add new modem,add new vpn,setup proxy)setting screen????tried to set it up the "my internet" tab but it does not have any active sync/shared internet option to create with,only the cellular line/bluetooth/gprs/irda/hayes com1/are the only opeions to create my shared internet to....so dunno what to do know....

2)Hanging Up>> experienced some freeze and hanging and black out(have to remove the bat and on it), got an error with OPERA the first time i used it.....

3)GPS still having problem connecting inside a building/condo(dunno if it is really like this for all gps gadgets?),but in open field very fast locking up....

4)uPdated camera firmware again....no noticable improvements from HK3,the blurry pictures that i have been hearing and also experienced before when i newly bought my omnia....was for me a matter of wiping first the lense before and each and every time you take a picture...."oil smudges from our fingers" makes up the cloudy/foggy effect of our pictures.....or i read somewhere that it si caused by backlighting situations/contrast/sharpness setting...etc etc....

.....will keep you posted as time goes by......

thanks and cheers

Samsung Omnia 8gb

Original ROM DXjxx/DZjxx>>>updated to

DXHK3/DZHK3>>>THEN>>>DXAI5/DZAI5/

*ALL OFFICIAL NO CUSTOMS

Dear All,

am quite new with this PPC thingy so pls bare with me.....

Tried out the DXIA5 for 48 hrs now and here are some of the quirks ive experienced so far.....

1)YOUTUBE>>Streaming Player, still cant play directly the videos,i dunno maybe my settings in the streaming player option menu is wrong,tried to set it to Connect Via:"my internet" or "the internet" for the connection.....but still gives me "server or data time out" error.....dunno if the new opera or streaming player can play youtube.....or maybe i have not set up opera itself to play youtube videos,instead of going/redirecting the video to streaming player whenever i play a movie????is there a set up thing???btw i am just using the active sync via cable internet connection only.....dont also know if i have to set up anything there specially in the "my Internet"(add new modem...,set up proxy....,manage existing connection)/"my network" category"(add new modem,add new vpn,setup proxy)setting screen????tried to set it up the "my internet" tab but it does not have any active sync/shared internet option to create with,only the cellular line/bluetooth/gprs/irda/hayes com1/are the only opeions to create my shared internet to....so dunno what to do know....

2)Hanging Up>> experienced some freeze and hanging and black out(have to remove the bat and on it), got an error with OPERA the first time i used it.....

3)GPS still having problem connecting inside a building/condo(dunno if it is really like this for all gps gadgets?),but in open field very fast locking up....

4)uPdated camera firmware again....no noticable improvements from HK3,the blurry pictures that i have been hearing and also experienced before when i newly bought my omnia....was for me a matter of wiping first the lense before and each and every time you take a picture...."oil smudges from our fingers" makes up the cloudy/foggy effect of our pictures.....or i read somewhere that it si caused by backlighting situations/contrast/sharpness setting...etc etc....

.....will keep you posted as time goes by......

thanks and cheers

Samsung Omnia 8gb

Original ROM DXjxx/DZjxx>>>updated to

DXHK3/DZHK3>>>THEN>>>DXAI5/DZAI5/

*ALL OFFICIAL NO CUSTOMS

Thank you for your updated. Thus, I do not flash the official rom since the camera does not have any improvement. I thought the camera may be improved since it is official rom. If you want to see youtube video, try to config Opera; setting; advanced; identify as; select desktop. Or download youtube player to view the video. Can you use 3G network under the official rom? Good luck.

Edited by kheung

Guest aaaurimasss1

Hi. How can i replace PDA:I900 XXHG7/NHHG7 PHONE:I900 XXHG7 to original DXIA5. Thanks.

Edited by aaaurimasss1

Guest MickyMax

There is a way to upgrade the camera firmware with a cab's file ? What's the file name of the upgrade's file in the rom ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.