QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest sector
I' m using the D version.

And I cant extract the rom, it gives me access denied error in the end when extracting ROM and SYS.

why do u want to extract (dump) the rom? it is for flashing only.

Guest palah
I'm planning to upload a beta2 version for testing. This time will have opera and I hope it can support all languages. :(

Hi Khuanchai,

Any idea on time frame for Beta2? as currently using a pdaviet rom which is great except battery life is back to a day :D and do not want to flash back to your 6.5 if another version is coming very soon

happy with BT fix as is...do not find much of an issue with the wakeup bug as use BT headset all day and it is simple to wake :P

if you check the original BT over voice thread a poster has claimed to fix the wake up only via power button issue, not sure if you can implement in beta2 as reading some people not happy. hopefully your travelling is over and you are working on your next masterpiece B)

Guest alinez
why do u want to extract (dump) the rom? it is for flashing only.

Hi, I wanted to translate it to Brazilian Portuguese. But its not a problem anyway...

The problem is really the wifi that doesn't give internet to the applications, I really dont know why... It seems that just some phones have this problem, or the applications are looking for a gprs connection, its weird.

Any suggestion to fix that? any registry tweak? I tried the settings, but no success until now.

thx :(

Guest Khuanchai
Hi Khuanchai,

Any idea on time frame for Beta2? as currently using a pdaviet rom which is great except battery life is back to a day :P and do not want to flash back to your 6.5 if another version is coming very soon

happy with BT fix as is...do not find much of an issue with the wakeup bug as use BT headset all day and it is simple to wake B)

if you check the original BT over voice thread a poster has claimed to fix the wake up only via power button issue, not sure if you can implement in beta2 as reading some people not happy. hopefully your travelling is over and you are working on your next masterpiece :(

In fact, I have already built the beta2 ROM but realized it's not much different from the first one (except just Opera and multi-language support). I also heard from liads' thread about the wakeup bug fix so I'm waiting to see the possibility to build it in. However, it doesn't seem to be easy since we have to change the boot loader to i908.

Hi Khuanchai,

is there any way to fit in a ultra clean rom without IE,opera,Windows live,Samsung stuffs except the volume screen and media album,.. i basically like the new homescreen, honeycomb and kinetic scrolling thats it. Could it be possible for such a rom

Edited by vjs

back to sector/qbus version D, everything seem running smoother after installed M2D v22 beta from sztupy. Don't know TouchFlo does the trick or not, i'm really happy with it now.

+ phone is not freeze from wake up (with Lock device when woken up activated). sms has no problem too.

installed: igo8, Resco Explorer, Resco Registry, Resco Contact Manager, Fingerkeyboard, Default_IM(SipChanger) & Sprite Backup

Im happy it works good for you :(. I hope new SYS/XIP will come up to start working again B)

hi sector, good to hear that new SYS/XIP may come up soon so we'll have some new ROM from you :P

i don't want to go back to WM6.1 anymore once i try this new WM6.5 cuz i get bored with things quick

again, thanks for the hard works

Guest Khuanchai
hi Khuanchai

the problem isn't the Autolock on SS Dialer skin, it's i set the device turn off, it's Locked when wake up. (Setting>Personal>Button>Wake up choose"When device is woken up, lock device".

actually, i found even i did that, it's not lock when wake up in your ROM. i don't know anyone get the same issue

please fix it when you have time.

thanks

Sorry forgot to answer this.

That is the wakeup bug that couldn't be easily solved by now. However, Stevenh is trying hard to solve this. Hope we can make it through soon. After that and with sector's new SYS/XIP, we can have a more reliable new ROM. :(

Sorry forgot to answer this.

That is the wakeup bug that couldn't be easily solved by now. However, Stevenh is trying hard to solve this. Hope we can make it through soon. After that and with sector's new SYS/XIP, we can have a more reliable new ROM. :(

Khuanchai, thanks for replying.

i like your TouchFlo/Titanium home screen idea, but the wakeup bug really bother me. hope we'll get good news from you soon.

Guest janjan2

thankx

Sector/qbus. Iam using version D, everything seem running smoother and nice. i'm very happy with it now.

The creen responsive is a bitte slow. Is here any program or any trick to imrove the screen responsive?

thank you.

Edited by janjan2

Guest sector

Try Sztupy FavoriteHackings, it could help a bit.

No news for next release. Current version is 21169.

Dont worry we will get back to work as soon as a new version will be released.

Guest nscxp2005

hi Khuanchai,

I am using your latest version of 6.5 but the only thing that is annoying me is the titanium UI, you have to push down for up and up for down. Is there anyway to change it the other way so up is up and down is down?

Thanks for the fantastic ROM.

NSCXP2005

Guest nscxp2005

has anybody had any problems with the phone freezing when exiting out of the messaging screen?

Does anybody know how to fix this? I am using version D.

Thank you for your time

NSCXP2005