QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Sector, I thought I noticed you managed to port M2D v2 to the i910?

Does that mean that we can expect it for the i900 as well? Or am I saying something stupid here? :D

Guest Linkinou

It seems the new UI 23041 is much more stable than others builds, with no issues, even correcting the hardware key for sound, and pictures displays, etc...

I hope sector that you'll cook it, i'll finally (and a lot of users) be able to flash my phone with a stable release of WinMo 6.5.1

Guest Piemole
Sector, I thought I noticed you managed to port M2D v2 to the i910?

Does that mean that we can expect it for the i900 as well? Or am I saying something stupid here? :D

Check out Sectors thread about v2 and you will find that it is indeed ported to I900.

The search functions on this forum are quite useful to find the answers to such questions.

Guest Omnia-Winker

23041 Looks a little more polished than previous builds.... its till makes me smile to see the WinMo developers have just tweaked the layout of the various setting screens rather than build new ones...

Compare the 6.5 settings screen for lets say ringtones to the Android screens...just so cluncky and 6.1 in fact no windows 3.1

Looking forward to trying out the latest build when sector has a mo to cook it up!

Keep up the good work.

Cheers :D

Guest bigmaras
NEW BUILD 23049

ON XDA

First: Why are you using big, blue fonts?

Second: Where did you saw this build, everyone talking about 23041 on XDA? :]

Third: Why are you spamming?

Edited by bigmaras

Guest bigmaras
sorry mate its 23043

Last build is 23041.

Hmm, this is strange...

Build 23041 remove by Admin... first time I see something like this.

ADMIN EDIT: attachment removed due to copyright compliant from Microsoft.

Check out Sectors thread about v2 and you will find that it is indeed ported to I900.

The search functions on this forum are quite useful to find the answers to such questions.

Since you seem to know so much, maybe you could tell me two things:

- Which search terms should I be using? 'cause before posting my question, I'd been using quite a lot already: m2d v2, m2d 2.0, manila 2d v2, etc.

- Which thread of sector are you referring to? I can't find any explicitly mentioning the new M2D version in the title.

Guest RoSoMaK

Jadoon ;) do not want spam in this forum :angry:

About what all the shouting? Everyone knows that the new 23041 came out August 31

added aesthetic and cosmetic changes :D

Edited by RoSoMaK

Guest bigmaras
It was removed from xda?

Yes, but nobody told why? Author of thread with new build - Da_G wrote that researching the situation and build was delete by admin. Interesting that previous build 23037 wasn't deleted.

Sory for my ugly english...

Guest hanesky
For those who want to use WKTASK, add \windows\shell32.exe to the exclusion list and you can choose the app to close/ok the programs upon tap!

can u pls teach me how to do this? i install already the WKTASK but i dont know how to add \windows\shell32.exe

pls explain the step by step procedure. thanks

Guest marioBboy

excuse me I downloaded the rom but I found that txt file that tells me it is not recommended to install the ROM on Vista, I have just seen as I can install (I downloaded the 23034th Edition Athena with Neo Titanium v2 - 8mb pagepool size LZX Compression)

I own the Vista operating system

Edited by marioBboy

Guest snooops

Hey Dude,

i tested your newest Rom. There are some bugs i found. The Keyboard (XT9 samsung) is to much on the bottom, some pixels are hidden of the buttons on the bottom bar. Most apps got the same problem, they are cutting a few pixels of the bottom bar. The Titanium today stuff is laggy. The Sound and Notifcation Tool is to big for the screen, you have to scroll a bit.

And who got the HTC Taskmanager 2.0 get work with this rom? I failed and im missing it ;-(

Why do you call it lite? its full with apps, Facebook, everapp, Auto Call Record, Streams-T Light, Tag Reader, Tom Text Messaging.

The buttons are very pixxy, not really smooth. Radio buttons are very dirty in the settings tools.

But in all very stable as usual from sector ;-)

Is it possible to run Manilla2d on it?

Greets Snooops

Guest SnoopyDog

Yes, this ROM 23034 is VERY stable :D . Thanks again

But remember: the GUI improvements are not what we will find in the MS offical final 6.5 build, which will come soon. They are more "beta" and something between 6.5 and 7 i think.

Although i like the latest GUI improvements a lot.

The HTC taskmanager is still there if you tap on the clock in the upper right corner. The only thing is, it's not able to close apps with [x] - but it never was in any ROM i used. Unfortunately, with the GUI changes, also other taskmanagers that were previously working are not able to close apps if you tap on [x]. So either the taskmanagers code need to be changed or MS created a bug with the new [x] button on the bottom right.

Edited by SnoopyDog