QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest andylyf
i cant use call key to answer call when in lock mode. but end key works. anyone HELP ?

can you stop spamming?

its working as intended... WM6.5 when in lockscreen and call comes in

you can only do Slide To Answer.... canot use hardware key to answer... but end key is ok...

if you dont like this funtion,

u can consider S2U2 or Inesoft or Phon-e-x.... whichever suits u...

Guest dowiepower

Hi all, ive had my Omnia for a while now and i love it but the interface on it is very boring, ive used many User Interfaces and currently using Manila 2D - so have a few questions.

1. When is the official windows Mobile 6.5 coming out for i900 or s it not having this upgrade?

2. Ive been thinking about flashing my rom but i don't know who cooks the best and stable roms.

3. Is there tutorials for Windows 7 users on flashing or is it easier done on XP i have both?

4. Im also looking for a 6.5 rom that has the classic taskbar and start menu but at the sametime stable and fast with all features of phone working.

Any help would be great.

Thanks. :D

Hello

I have a problem... when i install this rom and some other aplicationes the touch flo stop working.

It wont load and its stuck on "tap here tolaunch TouchFLO"

dont know why is this happening never happened before

I just installed s2u2, Phenex and the sms fix

any help would be appreciated

Edited by hinder

Hi all, ive had my Omnia for a while now and i love it but the interface on it is very boring, ive used many User Interfaces and currently using Manila 2D - so have a few questions.

1. When is the official windows Mobile 6.5 coming out for i900 or s it not having this upgrade?

I believe 6.5 upgrade is only for Omnia 2

2. Ive been thinking about flashing my rom but i don't know who cooks the best and stable roms.

All chefs here are great here. Stability will be depend on the Version and Software you install.

3. Is there tutorials for Windows 7 users on flashing or is it easier done on XP i have both?

Yes there are tutorial for Win7 users search at this section. Btw, I chose to have dual boot of win7 and winXP for my system. Good for cooking and other incompatible softwares and good for backup too :D

4. Im also looking for a 6.5 rom that has the classic taskbar and start menu but at the sametime stable and fast with all features of phone working.

Under Khuanchai' thread, the 1st post, one of the most stable 6.5 with classic UI. build 21815 or something. Search ;)

Any help would be great.

Thanks. :P

Guest dario81
It seems that my phone doesnt like version Hades had problems with GPS and cant get samsung keyboard to work.

i have no problem with my gps as well as samsung keyboard..they work like charm..

just press n hold on the keyboard symbol n choose samsung keyboard..

Guest jmsmartins

Any help would be great.

Thanks. :D

Guest GodsGift

Hey Sector,

long time no see. Hope you are well and its still warm in Cyprus. Looking forward to your next ROM.

In the meantime, I am having real problems with your latest ROM and the WinMo 6.5 memory management. I can only have one app open at a time unless I use EverApp, which I've never had to use before.

My problem is that using EverApp I can see which apps are still open and its knackering my Omnia's performance.

Anyway to get EverApp apps to show up in TaskManager/Switcher/Showcase?

Cheers,

GG

EDIT: Hang on might have sussed it by using the "manage duplicates" feature..... will report back....

Edited by GodsGift

Guest z3ntn3l

Nice, COM5 Release. :)

So, iam sure sectors com5-rom is in the near future but maybe can you tell some more detailed informations about it?

Faster, stable and more responsive than any of the previously leaked COM3 and COM4 Builds.
Well there was more and less responsive com4 builds. The latest COM4-ones were OK. So COM5 is really more responsive for the "standard-user" or is that info just propaganda from WinMoDevTeam? :)

Bottom taskbar color is changed to Vista-like dark blue.

Graphically enhanced Scrollbars and checkboxes.

Graphically enhanced buttons throughout the operating system.

Is there a Screenie for this, please? :D

Kinetic flow (ala iPhone) at the start and end of any list view like in Contacts and File Explorer has been removed which is kind of a step down in my honest opinion.
Wow, very disappointing :P ;)

Of course, thank you for sharing this. :lol:

Guest reds_dada_blue
hi guys... this topic seems very quiet, everyone waiting for com5 party i guess :D

Yeah,That's right.Waiting for Sector release com5 roms. :P

Guest dowiepower

Thanx jmsmartins and ckaidi for your replies very helpfull, i eventually flashed my phone and hoping all the way it wouldnt brick but its all good so happy i ended up using sectors latest rom for 6.5 and i luv it just a few things i can't get right but ill learn. thanx all.

Edited by dowiepower

in the next update will you (sector) will be including the latest version of TouchFlo 3D ???

Thanks and keep up the good work, is awesome...

No TouchFlo 3d, only 2d :D

Im happy with the lasted rom ! Dont think it needs to build more rom until win 6.5 final is release ! However if new rom is coming, i hope Sector will set the weather at homepage and weather tab can update at 1 time :D It really fun when homepage show 2 degrees and weather tab is 1 :P

Guest mynullvoid
Im happy with the lasted rom ! Dont think it needs to build more rom until win 6.5 final is release ! However if new rom is coming, i hope Sector will set the weather at homepage and weather tab can update at 1 time :D It really fun when homepage show 2 degrees and weather tab is 1 :P

The today's page shows weather based on your location, the weather tab shows on the city you defined.

Guest HuangZhong

I have flashed this ROM . I'm a newb :D

and

Everything is fine but i've got small trouble with SMS . Any sms in inbox or sent can't open while tap here but i still compose or delete normal . Anyone help ?

Guest George_red_storm
I have flashed this ROM. Everything is fine but i've got small trouble with SMS . Any sms in inbox or sent can't open while tap here but i still compose or delete normal . Anyone help ?

Please READ FIRST POST.

Edited by George_red_storm