QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest sivaspor

How is that possible?

Original Wm6.5 Rom is still in beta period may be alpha.

there is no device specific rom released yet but somehow we can see a lot of 6.5 at internet.

Is that Wm 6.1 kernel + wm 6.5 shell or what?

someone can give liitle bit explain with Screenshots?

Thanks.

Hi!

This is our thread about porting WinMo 6.5 to Omnia.

The first ROM we would lke to show is first version of english WinMo65. It is working, but still have some issues.

THIS ONE IS ONLY FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO BE TESTERS.

If you download this one please leave a feedback here - what bugs have you found, what works etc. etc.

The ROM is based on QB06 Clean. It contains HTC Task Manager but it does not look too good (it's too wide on the screen) but allows you to kill apps like before.

It also contains big screen Volume Control.

Be sure to check "WINDOWS BLACK THEME" in settings and RESET PHONE for full experience.

QB06_65 version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mi4gyznxzhj

Known issues:

- Today screen is not working yet

- Mouse is scrambled

- Invisible keyboard

QBUS & Sector a big thanks to both of u.. is it possible to get proper kitchen for this.

Guest second_east

to qbus & sector,

thank you for your effort. i'm willing to beta-test this rom. but before downloading, please give me brief instruction how to install it. is it the same as the previous ROMs (updater.exe)? is it possible to revert back to wm6.1? TIA

New versions of SYS/XIP are released for Winmo6.5 so we managed to port them to Omnia. At least some of them.

flashing now, will report after it's done

Guest sector

i have news for you. i got today screen working. i will continue working more and check for more errors and then upload another rom. need to talk with qbus also :(

post-150032-1235963637_thumb.jpg

Edited by sector

Guest new2city
i have news for you. i got today screen working. i will continue working more and check for more errors and then upload another rom. need to talk with qbus also :(

Great, looking forward to it..

sector, are you going to upload the new one now? i'm playing with it now. i tried to install SS keyboard, not working. then installed Resco keyboard & it work.

please upload the newer ROM with working Today. Thanks

edit: Resco keyboard not working all the time, invisible sometime too

Edited by hlay

Guest sector

guys im sorry but im going to upload it tomorrow. im really tired as we have been working till late and uploading will take i guess 1 more hour :(. thank though for your feedback on the keyboard, it seems like samsung keybaord doesnt like winmo6.5 but we could find a work around.

Guest new2city
guys im sorry but im going to upload it tomorrow. im really tired as we have been working till late and uploading will take i guess 1 more hour :( . thank though for your feedback on the keyboard, it seems like samsung keybaord doesnt like winmo6.5 but we could find a work around.

Have a great rest...

Guest efjay

I will be able to flash tomorrow as my phone is charging, does this include the BT fix from liads or is it not needed?

Edit: didnt realise no Windows Live, need that for my hotmail so cant flash this rom.

Edited by efjay

guys im sorry but im going to upload it tomorrow. im really tired as we have been working till late and uploading will take i guess 1 more hour :(. thank though for your feedback on the keyboard, it seems like samsung keybaord doesnt like winmo6.5 but we could find a work around.

thanks again sector. i'll wait for your new full working ROM. flashing back to Qbus 06M

Edited by hlay

Guest punkmonkey1984

could the new IE browser work on windows 6.1 and would it still support flash if yes can you dump it to a .CAB file for us all to enjoy please  :(

Guest bobobird

Preliminary report

Except for home screen, no other 6.5 styles.

Configuration screen - 2 mo specific graphics

Configuration screen - 2nd screen still in Chinese

Home screen - x and battery indicators too close together

Touching each line item should move that item to the middle bar. Some move some dont. Also big delay between touch and moves, Items which dont move with touch can be moved by dragging to center bar. Issue self fixes after softreset.

Home screen sensitivity and response not good. Selecting with stylus ok, finger selection not good, drag ok with stlus or finger.

Today - hangs on switching themes

Setting -

Buttons - highlighted item is blank, reappears when another item is selected which then becomes blank.

Flashlight - not working

Today button has gone into System

Windows update - screen and menus in Chinese

Connections - all seem to be running ok. Wifi ok.

Programs

Home screen - no options to call up programs except from start menu

Camera, hangs on X, soft reset needed.

Phone - generic dialler with no option to call up phonebook

- contacts and double lined in dialler display

Keyboard - all SS keyboards listed but do not come up. Only the generic kb shows up.

IE search bar in Chinese

Live search comes up with both English and Chinese

Closing IE while playing video or tunes does not automatically close Media Player

Widgets - work

Marketplace - not active

My Phone - works

Opera - youtube plays ok. Opera also aborted abnormally, restart just splash screen and process cannot be terminated. Softreset needed.

Generally stable.

Batt life - not sure yet, will report on that later

If the complete 6.5 interface cannot be ported then maybe just port the current home screen for use in 6.1 ? Is that possible ?

Great work - so much done in so little time.

Btw - found a couple of cabs for 65 stuff somewhere. May or may not be useful. Any case are posted here

http://rapidshare.com/files/204297480/wm65cabs.rar

Keep up the good work...

Edited by bobobird

Preliminary report

Except for home screen, no other 6.5 styles.

Configuration screen - 2 mo specific graphics

Configuration screen - 2nd screen still in Chinese

Home screen - x and battery indicators too close together

Touching each line item should move that item to the middle bar. Some move some dont. Also big delay between touch and moves, Items which dont move with touch can be moved by dragging to center bar. Issue self fixes after softreset.

Home screen sensitivity and response not good. Selecting with stylus ok, finger selection not good, drag ok with stlus or finger.

Today - hangs on switching themes

Setting -

Buttons - highlighted item is blank, reappears when another item is selected which then becomes blank.

Flashlight - not working

Today button has gone into System

Windows update - screen and menus in Chinese

Connections - all seem to be running ok. Wifi ok.

Programs

Home screen - no options to call up programs except from start menu

Camera, hangs on X, soft reset needed.

Phone - generic dialler with no option to call up phonebook

- contacts and double lined in dialler display

Keyboard - all SS keyboards listed but do not come up. Only the generic kb shows up.

IE search bar in Chinese

Live search comes up with both English and Chinese

Closing IE while playing video or tunes does not automatically close Media Player

Widgets - work

Marketplace - not active

My Phone - works

Opera - youtube plays ok. Opera also aborted abnormally, restart just splash screen and process cannot be terminated. Softreset needed.

Generally stable.

Batt life - not sure yet, will report on that later

If the complete 6.5 interface cannot be ported then maybe just port the current home screen for use in 6.1 ? Is that possible ?

Great work - so much done in so little time.

Btw - found a couple of cabs for 65 stuff somewhere. May or may not be useful. Any case are posted here

http://rapidshare.com/files/204297480/wm65cabs.rar

Keep up the good work...

Thanks for detailes reported - could you check if bluetooth is working?