QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Ok i tink the sms lag is here to stay. lol

Pls someone find away to fix it.

I just realise that this ROM is not as fast as 23009. In terms of response. But with the taskbar and OK at the btm the lag is worth it!!

Edited by hwwr

Guest johnx7

For people wondering about the usability before flashing/downloading, here's a short list of

bugs i have been able to notice this morning while using the phone for work, most are

beta bugs, not chief's fault, so cheers :

-the typing "lag", meaning that you have to respect a minimal delay between 2 strokes,

else the phone doesn't react.

-contacts infos / summary not displaying, you have to press dial button directly to call

while scrolling your list down.

-blank call, you can't hear your contact and same for him/her if you turn off the screen

before establishing the link, i noticed that in 23028 too.

Happens like 1 call out of 3.

-The "Year" view of the calendar, i can confirm that you get the same message as

mazeli & RoSoMaK.

-"Tasks" application not launching

-Trying to press the invisible "htc task manager" during a call screen doesn't seem to work

(not tested enough, but seemed like this way).

Else the UI is a great improvement over 6.1 and pre 23xxx builds, it's hard to downgrade

despite the beta versions status.

Thank you again Sector / QB / Shokka & KC, see you for next builds

Guest thvoss

I installed 23034 today but I have major problems with the calender. Synchronisation with ActiveSync is not possible and the calender is only showing the appointment mode although I chose month view mode. Everything else seems to work somehow. Previous versions have been better but still great work.

Guest mtsouk
New versions of SYS/XIP are released for Winmo6.5 so we managed to port them to Omnia. At least some of them.

Is there a link for the taskbar in your last rom?

thanx

Guest Dimitris84

@ sector: awesome work with the latest build, keep it up!

@all: I was getting the call summary bug but it seems that it has managed to resolve itself after installing Krazy Radds taskbarGTR2 for some peculiar reason :D

Even though i really like neo titanium the only thing that currently annoys me with this new build is that when the screen autorotates between portrait and landscape after receiving or sending an sms the neo-titanium graphics get all messed up.....the only way i can then restore the graphics once this happens is to disable neo titanium and enable it again from the home settings....i hope one can make a fix about this issue.

Guest Michelle My Belle
I installed 23034 today but I have major problems with the calender. Synchronisation with ActiveSync is not possible and the calender is only showing the appointment mode although I chose month view mode. Everything else seems to work somehow. Previous versions have been better but still great work.

It is working perfectly (for me) using activesync, as long as I do not select the 'Year' view (this has already been mentioned earlier - a few posts back).

If I scroll to 'calendar' then press "Today" button (bottom right), then press 'Menu' key (again bottom right), followed by the view selection, I can then pick which 'view' I would like the calendar to show e.g. Agenda, Day, Week, Month, (best not to use Year at the moment :D

Note, Once you've entered the calendar, you should be able to tap and hold the bottom left button and hence cycle through the different 'view' options including 'Year' - works for me - Thanks Ron (see below).

Michelle

Edited by Michelle My Belle

Guest Michelle My Belle
Thanks for telling of this "trick". It works on other screens also. (actually works after release - tap/hold/release)

Ron...

No, thank you Ron - I hadn't realised that :D

After reading your reply, I've just found out that I can use your method to see the 'Year' view in calendar by pressing and holding the bottom left function button ;)

Off to find some more :angry:

Cheers.

Michelle

Guest Michelle My Belle
WAHAHAHAHAH

FLASHED....

really nice. i like the new taskbar at the btm seems better then having the OK on top. LOL. NEo titanuim.... was better then i expected. i tnk its up to personal test. haha. Got tired of the M2D neo titanuim will keep me occupied at the moment. Installed Ftouch much imrovement. absolutly love WM theme.

but 1 prob. the menu has got too many honeycomb tingy and its rather laggy when scrolling through it. anyway to reduce the number of rows or colums?

another 1 would be how to make sms easier? i tried the ftouch it only helps in th kinetic scrolling but nt sms.

OH MY theres no the tingy where u use the stylus to type words input!!

To reduce the columns - say to '3', you could edit the cpr's (StartMenu_GridScene_240x400.cpr & StartMenu_GridScene_400x240.cpr) - they're in Windows directory but you should only do this if you're confident and you should always back up you originals first, otherwise ;) ;) :angry:

If you take a look at some different "StartMenu_GridScene cpr's" from different Chefs (you'll have to flash a couple of times and copy these files) you'll get the idea... :D

Michelle

Guest sivaspor

I've succesfuly updated my OMNIA to the sector's latest wm6.5 rom,

It's amazing, very fast and looks pretty but..

I've a few problems...

1- Why the menus, dialogs and the other interface things are so huge?

I was shocked when I saw...

2- Phonebook not good functional, some time freezing...

3- PDA shuts down himself sometimes., no waring, no error, just closed down...

4- Why I can't close honeycomb menu?

Thanks sector, it's very good rom, keep it up.

Edited by sivaspor

Guest Michelle My Belle

Hi Sector,

I know you've stated that the next build will be 'standard' i.e. non-Neo - but I would like to thank you for all your hard work and effort on the latest build :angry:

23034 Neo, is much, much quicker sliding up and down the 'Neo' Titanium menus than previous builds - it's much smoother and 'scoots' along great with Genix9's CMultiClock ;) ;)

Without this scene and all of the hard work - all of the Chefs put in, where would we be with our Omnia's... :D

... 6.1?? B)

That's a place I don't want to visit again - ever! ;)

Well done Sector - and thanks.

Michelle.

Guest vass_k

Hi, Sector!

Generally, Athena is very pleasant.

Nevertheless, I've found a bug there: in Alarm-clock nothing can be changed - neither sounds (usually .wav in Root/Windows), nor its time of working, nor even the name of the alarm (less meaning).

Hi All

After a days use i really like this rom even with the few bugs it has, and i found 1 more wether its just me i dont know but i dont get any notification (sound) when i recieve Email/Txt messages ;)

Anyone any ideas :angry: ?

Still a cracking rom Sector :D

Regards

Nic

Guest Anupam Anand

I jus dont want to discourage.... but the 23009 is wht I found to be the last best stable rom in the 23*** series.....(In the first post of this thread)

So for the ppl who r looking for the release for final rom (for the ppl who think tht this rom version would be the better than the previous one)........... pl wait wait for the stable rom.... I've also gone back to the 23009 (lite) Version Zeus_Lite rom . it is the last stable rom i found ever. But I'll also keep on testing latest rom on my other omnia.... i.e my brother's

Edited by Anupam Anand

Guest shokka9
Can any1 help here :D

Wich version has the latest phone.bin so i can flash the latest rom

Thx in advance .

stick with ID1 bro....

Its official and relevant to us. All the others are same, but different codes due to differnt continent updates.

Trust me.

Guest shokka9
To reduce the columns - say to '3', you could edit the cpr's (StartMenu_GridScene_240x400.cpr & StartMenu_GridScene_400x240.cpr) - they're in Windows directory but you should only do this if you're confident and you should always back up you originals first, otherwise B) ;) :angry:

If you take a look at some different "StartMenu_GridScene cpr's" from different Chefs (you'll have to flash a couple of times and copy these files) you'll get the idea... :D

Michelle

or use these....

I prefer this way also ;)

Save u a job ;) of looking & flashing to get to very small files.

Extract_Me.rar

Guest xXJohnXx
stick with ID1 bro....

Its official and relevant to us. All the others are same, but different codes due to differnt continent updates.

Trust me.

Thx bro ,but i made a step back ( my bad sorry)

Prob is fixed i flashed 1 of yours shk 7 :angry:

now i need a new flash to the latest rom :D

Thx shokka ;)

Guest soniXwarrior

First of all: Thank you for your continuous and good work! I think I can speak for all when I say: We all really appreciate what you're doing!

I though do have one small problem: when I select a contact and jump to the "summary" page, there is not shown anything...

it's just plain, you even can't tap anywhere (normally you would make a call, write an email or a textmessage).

Is there any fix for this (I am using your latest version)?