QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest joseph56

Sector could you please advise me on how to fix the Dshow in this case to be able to see video shoots within Camera or Album.also MMS voice attached .amr file can not open or read just tested sending MMS to myself and find out voice isn't Recognised. Thanks.

Guest micheangelo
I'm using the latest Hephaistos M2D ROM, is there any way to make the top bar work ??? unable to activate any notifications...

... read 2 posts above... :)

Hey s2,

What you mean "today as in 10th Oct 09"???

It's only 6th Oct 09 here. How many times zones are you ahead of us anyhow???

And just what color is the sky there??? :D :P :D

Ron...

hehehe.. my bad :)

Guest Simon1973

Hi Sector.. been using your ROM's for ages..

Decided to update to the latest, after my Omnia started going a little flakey (not allowing me to change the Home Screen Wallpaper etc..). So I'm now using: 23049 (M2D2.0 version 1919.1432 Full) - Released on 15/09/2009

Found a few minor Buggies.. dunno if there's any fixes for em!..

a, The 'Search' screen doesn't seem to do much!.. I put in a search phrase and it just gets added to the list!.. Google Maps (which I have installed) does nothing!..

b, Going to the 'Browser' screen and hitting 'Launch Browser' does nothing!. I have the latest Opera installed which I have to launch from its Icon under the Start Menu or on the 'Programs' screen where I've put it!.

c, Rotating to 'Landscape' tucks the screen into the Left hand side of the screen (still 240px wide) and not the whole 400px wide screen!.. All my Wallpapers are 400x400 so this should work!.. turning off Manila and rotating works fine!..

Other than that.. its a Wicked ROM and I'm gonna stick with it (unless there's an Official 6.5 ROM made by you that looks the same or blows this one away!!).

Cheers

:)

Edited by Simon1973

Guest kako78

Hi Sector, hi everyone,

Is it possible to use your ROMs and cook them to better fit our needs ?

For instance, I'd like to have additionnal apps included by default with their settings. Also I'd like to change the look for the honeycomb (I like everything but this :-) )

How should I do that ? Use SYOK kitchen and shokka9's tutorial ?

And last question, what if I would want to translate into French ?

Thanks and best regards,

Kako78

hi there... recently my original rom started to give me problem on storage memory so i got fedup and installed ur rom... its works great! but it gave me a prob here... my music seems to go off after turning off my screen for awhile... any solution for this??

btw... the weather on the homepage doesnt show... keep saying 'tap to update weather' only... plz help... =D

Edited by JunH

Guest vince1970

hello, i have Khuanchai "UL_IF1_23016-21928 6 MB pagepool" and given this is Khuanchai last built, I like to switch to this "23049 (M2D2.0 version 1919.1432 Full) - Released on 15/09/2009" ROM. This ROM has M2D that I like and before flash it, what do i need to do ?

1.Can I just flash over Khuanchai ROM or that i need to do something (??) before flashing with this ROM ?

2.As this is the current M$ build, i have HiCalc, MerMaid ... and because of the start menu being moved down, i cannot access the keys because of the new bottom bar. I know resco is fixed with ShowcaseSuite but will this be fix for all 3rd party apps ?

cheers,

Guest whigga

IMHO its getting awkwardly quiet on here. Except for Ron and Copperfield's occasional pedagogical replies... :)

This used to be thé hottest spot on this forum. For some time now, not much spectacular has been happening here. I'm curious to know why?? I hope you're not done building Sector?? Other chefs have been cooking new stuff (I saw Shokka9 is about to release a 23064! version), yet we haven't heard from you in a while.

I believe there is a big crowd here that is anxiously waiting for a few words from you or perhaps a sneak peek to what we can expect. There are a lot of people who just love to flash to the newest and in particular Sector builds. I think a lot of people would appreciate an update.

Anxiously awaiting.

W

Guest Laurie9300

Hi all, i would like to know what happened to the long promised WM6.5 official ROM (6th Oct). I understand that we are seeing new releases of WM6.5.1 which will probably turn out to be WM7 but what happened to 6.5???? Does anyone know what build number it is. Don't get me wrong, I'm not harassing I am just interested.............Thanks.

Guest ronaldb3
IMHO its getting awkwardly quiet on here. Except for Ron and Copperfield's occasional pedagogical replies... :D

Anxiously awaiting.

W

Hi W,

By "pedagogical", did you mean educational or academic? :) Could be either by the context.

Ron...

Guest theraf90

@ Vince 1970

1- sure there will be no problems

2- I don't know

@sector

can't wait...

ps is there any possibility you'll port the programs from "Omnia II" to ours?

Guest sector

No idea what is the final version yet.

About Omnia2 apps im sorry but i dont have the time to start doing that + some apps are out of my power to port them.

Guest whigga
Hi W,

By "pedagogical", did you mean educational or academic? :D Could be either by the context.

Ron...

And he bites...!! :) I knew it!!

By all means, whichever you prefer. I would think educational as most of your replies are -I trust- intended to be constructive rather than pedantic. (How's that for academic!! :P )

Just kidding. Eventhough you could consider me as newbie or noob, this is in my case because I in fact do my own research instead of asking questions that are often already answered. And next to that I also tend to stay away from answering questions that are already answered. Hence my low posts count.

Nevertheless, as a close follower of this forum, I must acknowledge that you are one of the most helpfull contributors.

Keep doing what you're doing. :D

On topic: Hurray Sector!!! Can't wait!!

Edited by whigga

Guest kako78
Hi Sector, hi everyone,

Is it possible to use your ROMs and cook them to better fit our needs ?

For instance, I'd like to have additionnal apps included by default with their settings. Also I'd like to change the look for the honeycomb (I like everything but this :-) )

How should I do that ? Use SYOK kitchen and shokka9's tutorial ?

And last question, what if I would want to translate into French ?

Thanks and best regards,

Kako78

Sorry to be a pain, but, anyone here who could give advise ?

Thanks,

Kako78

Guest copperfield
IMHO its getting awkwardly quiet on here. Except for Ron and Copperfield's occasional pedagogical replies... :(

Hi W,

By "pedagogical", did you mean educational or academic? :) Could be either by the context.

Ron...

Yes indeed, I would definetely like to know if there is a part of our "wisdom" talents that needs to be worked on upon couse we only give high level of pedagogical education round here and we dont want to dissappoint anyone! ;)

Edited by copperfield