QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest hadesz

hi qbus and sector, please help me...

i flashed my omnia with your winmo65 rom and now i have a problem... it continously restarts over and over... it loads windows and after than restarts again... loop restart :S or something like that, i searched the forum but i cant find anything like this, coluld you please help me about this? i dont know what to do now... i try to flash back to my country's official rom but it still restarts itself.. and i cant take it to a technical service, you know, its the warranty problem, customs roms make the phone out of warranty...

any way.. please help me.. thank you very much...

ps: soory about my bad english... hope you can understand what i mean... thnxx...

hi qbus and sector, please help me...

i flashed my omnia with your winmo65 rom and now i have a problem... it continously restarts over and over... it loads windows and after than restarts again... loop restart :S or something like that, i searched the forum but i cant find anything like this, coluld you please help me about this? i dont know what to do now... i try to flash back to my country's official rom but it still restarts itself.. and i cant take it to a technical service, you know, its the warranty problem, customs roms make the phone out of warranty...

any way.. please help me.. thank you very much...

ps: soory about my bad english... hope you can understand what i mean... thnxx...

Search Taril's thread - one gu there had the same problem as you and he resolved it.

Guest hadesz
Search Taril's thread - one gu there had the same problem as you and he resolved it.

thnx, i was reading them, actually i found two guys in taril's thread, but i cant find how did they resolved it yet.. i'm searching..

thnx for your reply...

Guest XtremeMaC

darn, i just saw this thread and was reading through the comments then.....u guys quit. ow well waiting for win7.

turns out 6.5 will be released in last Q of 2009. and win7 in 2010. so.. 6.1 for now.

Guest bobobird

IF 6.5 is coming out in Q4, knowing M$, v7 wont be seen in 2010.

Bear in mind that others are not sitting still waiting for M$ and in that time frame lots will have changed.

Edited by bobobird

Guest janjan2

You can use GrandPrix_v1.8.10_XP and i900DZIA5_updater (from samsung site) to update your i900.

1: download i900DZIA5_updater_xp or vista from samsung website.

2: download Grandprix_v.18.10_xp (I use xp) .

3: Search after i900_EXEcutor ( to disassemble the exe firmware )

4: Now use GrandPrix to reflash your i900..

OR

You can also try this...

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...rom-27-02-2009/

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/283964/...009/page/1280/#

Edited by janjan2

Does DPAD work for you guys? For me works on pushing the button inside but not on scrolling up,down,left,right.

pls report.

v6.5C, DPAD can move LETF, RIGHT, UP & DOWN. PUSH to SELECT doesn't work

Fingerkeyboard won't work after a soft reset

Edited by hlay

Guest second_east

OT

Anybody has cab file for samsung phonepad (QWERTY, 2-letters per key)? Please share with me. Thanks in advance.

Edited by second_east

Guest sector
darn, i just saw this thread and was reading through the comments then.....u guys quit. ow well waiting for win7.

turns out 6.5 will be released in last Q of 2009. and win7 in 2010. so.. 6.1 for now.

we didnt quit. we just said thats nothing more to do on a slow, buggy, beta system. we will release more winmo6.5 omnia versions when new SYS/XIP come up.

the point is that we got a small taste about 6.5 and many of the you guys here :(. still a lot to come up and if it worth's it we will release new versions.

take care

Guest SHAHIN-DASH

Hi Dear Sector & QBUS

It's very nice but have some bugs >> this is natural

but very nice : when I disabled the Titanium Item in the Today I saw the new Interface that's very cool but not fast as usual B)

but one notice to you : "Congratulation" :( :P

Guest Magpie2000k

Hi Sector and Qbus.

A few points to mention, I know you guys are reverting as will I however.

Battery seems to be good used heavily from 6pm last night internet bluetooth and a number calls and texts yet this am still 100%. So early signs are good.

If you disable titanium the honeycomb menu is a lot more responsive. However for some wierd reason goes to a right mess in landscape view.

Brightness on screen. It is hard to compare but the level of brightness it seem you can get under this rom is much better than previous ones.

Lock screen works well although a couple of cosmetic issues.

Sound quality via my bluetooth in my car was much better (factory fitted in my Jaguar)

Screen alignment seems to be easier to get accurate than in 6.1 I have struggled and struggled in 6.1 and first time perfect in 6.5

All in all I havent seen any real bugs, yep with titanium running the home page goes to bits. but if dissabled its not bad at all.

Was going to try Manilla on this rom and spb shell. In your opinion is there any chance of this causing a problem before I try.

Happy to test anything else if it will help.

Cheers for your work thus far and just ask if I can do anything

Guest SHAHIN-DASH

Oh I found a problem

When I going to write a new message on the bottom there is the keyboard when I clicked it it's appear and the up arrow next it shown the other keyboards

when I want to Switch another keyboard >> Result : Nothing >> the keyboard not changed

Thanks so much :(

Oh I found a problem

When I going to write a new message on the bottom there is the keyboard when I clicked it it's appear and the up arrow next it shown the other keyboards

when I want to Switch another keyboard >> Result : Nothing >> the keyboard not changed

Thanks so much :(

Not only you - it looks that this is a problem of OS build (since it's beta) and we can't do anything about it (the same problem happens on Chineese WinMo 6.5 ROM).

Was going to try Manilla on this rom and spb shell. In your opinion is there any chance of this causing a problem before I try.

I think that there should be no problems at all.

Guest SHAHIN-DASH

Oh Mr.qbus

From this threat I downloaded 2 ROMs

1) In the First Post (that updated)

2) and post of sector (ROM WM6.5 Test 2)

the speed of Test2 is good and have new style of menus but the keyboard switch had problem

the Qbus rom (First Post of this threat) don't had the keyboard problem but the Navigation Key On Omnia Doesn't Clicked (No click Support)

I think all of the users know this

and so all of us should wait for New ROMs

Special Thanks to You (qbus) and Sector

Guest Stevenh

Hi Qbus, Sector, what kitchen did you guys use to build this? How did you port the XIP? I've been trying to port a new XIP for IA2/5 but can't get it to work, always ending up with a non-booting system even if I just dump and recompress the XIP back in without relocating any of the files...

Steven

Not only you - it looks that this is a problem of OS build (since it's beta) and we can't do anything about it (the same problem happens on Chineese WinMo 6.5 ROM).

hi qbus & sector,

your winmo 6.5 v.C ROM is lot better then the Chinese one, at least is an English & has more apps cooked in there.

i used the Chinese ROM for 2 days(Sat & Sun) then flashed to yours last night.

i didn't have problem on the keyboard & DPAD issues with the Chinese ROM. if you have time, could you take a look again on these issues?

really love your winmo6.5.

Thanks

Edited by hlay

Guest sector

as many requests and PMs i will talk with qbus to release a new rom.

it will be a clean rom i guess with some additions on samsung apps. as for keyboard not working it is better to install the SS keyboard individually after flashing.

mouse is not working so it will be completely removed.

as many requests and PMs i will talk with qbus to release a new rom.

it will be a clean rom i guess with some additions on samsung apps. as for keyboard not working it is better to install the SS keyboard individually after flashing.

mouse is not working so it will be completely removed.

sector, clean ROM maybe a good solution for all the issue. it's could be 1 of the apps is not compatible with winmo6.5 causes the problem. about the mouse, i don't think many people need it since the Omnia is a touchscreen device, DPAD is good enough.

thanks a lot

Edited by hlay