R2VS for Omnia i900 (Updated 19-Jun-2009)

Guest rith

Guest achen_su
I`m sorry to report that the phone hung up! I did EVERYTHING according to what you said, achen_su :excl: :excl:

INSTALL SAMSUNG_R2VS_I900.CAB

AND THEN SRS_WOW_HD_1.5.1.0_I900_OMNIA.CAB

MY PHONE WORK. PERFECT. NO BUG. 

MY ROM ORIGINAL DZIA5 SINGAPORE ROM NO CUSTOME ROM.

IF HUNG UP PLS UNINSTALLSRS_WOW_HD_1.5.1.0_I900_OMNIA.CAB AND THEN SAMSUNG_R2VS_I900.CAB

Guest wickedjinx

I have the same problem on my winmo 6.5, the phone does not hung when i select headphones, but everytime i LOCKED the phone using the winmo 6.5 swipe lock, it hungs up after the phone turns off. I'm not locking my phone for the meantime just to avoid the hung up. I'll continue to watch this thread and see if we get any progress. thanks!

Guest Kira Y
I want to tell every one

r2vs and wow hd cannot run same time to give u effect

r2vs use r2vs_arm_wm5_ppc_driver.dll

wow hd use wowhd_arm_wce_ppc2005_driver.dll

if in register

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev]

"Dll"="R2VS_ARM_WM5_PPC_Driver.dll"

then r2vs to sound effect can to hear., but wow hd cannot give the effect.

if in register

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev]

"Dll"="WOWHD_ARM_WCE_PPC2005_Driver.dll"

then wow hd sound effect can to hear but r2vs cannot give the effect.

sorry my english very bad.

i want to tell every one. want to use wow hd.

this is step

1. install r2vs

2. install wow hd

3. soft reset

4. dont setting anyting in power(turn off device setting)

5. every time after reset enable wow hd select headphone then disable. close

6. press power button sleep

7. press power button again to wake up

8. now press wow hd to on internal(Stereo) or headphone. up to you

9. you can enjoy wow hd not freezee you system forever.

10. but if soft reset or power off goto step 5.

11 enjoy it. i test it. no bug. now you phone can sleep not just turn off screen.

Nothing to change but follow my step

my setting :

internal battery and external battery turn off device went 1minute

s2us 1.62 setting:

don't suspend power off

don't use keyboard hook on

check exception exe on

battery and external battery: lock when backlight turnoff off

power off in 10s

but only blank screen on

Nice & perfect, but drain a lot of battery......Is this happenned to ur Omnia too?

Guest achen_su
Here are the files you wanted. Extracted from i760 rom.

can u to extracted r2vs from i770 rom. because i770 use wm6.1 same samsung omnia wm6.1?

thanks. 

Guest bassam319

Worked Gr8 thx .. but i cant adjust the settings to the Best (headphone and speakers)

can anybody post the best settings after his experements plz :D

Guest eufouria

Turborepu said he had trouble with his phone hanging after he installed this on the standard Verizon ROM,

I'm now on WoZZer's v5 and having trouble with the dialer and random freezing, anyone else experience anything like this after installing R2VS?

Guest YXIOW
Turborepu said he had trouble with his phone hanging after he installed this on the standard Verizon ROM,

I'm now on WoZZer's v5 and having trouble with the dialer and random freezing, anyone else experience anything like this after installing R2VS?

I had the same problem as you. The other problem was the ringer was not loud, if set to the highest setting it would still sound muffled. I uninstalled R2VS and the freezing and ringing problems disappeared. I have the new 'unofficial' ROM installed on the Verizon I910.

Guest eufouria
I had the same problem as you. The other problem was the ringer was not loud, if set to the highest setting it would still sound muffled. I uninstalled R2VS and the freezing and ringing problems disappeared. I have the new 'unofficial' ROM installed on the Verizon I910.

That's too bad, the sound quality was amazing with the 5.1 setting on a surround sound system, oh well...

Guest corefirewire
worked for me! (BHHL2)

installed the cab, changed the entry in wavedev to zylonite_wavedev2.dll as it was before, then added the value "Flags" and set to 2 like mentioned, and now I still have sound after reboot and are able to configure r2vs :D thanks a lot

how to change the entry can u tell me the procedure???

Guest achen_su
none of these worked for me my fone still freezes. im using i910 for verizon. eny ideas?

every time want to sleep you phone please press wow hd. and press power button.

now no freezes forever.

can any one make one cab to load wow hd every time sleep or turn off device. like s2u2. to make phone no freeze.

iam test for 2 day my phone never sleep. but every time sleep press wow hd and press power button.

but must every time

Guest kav

i sent a pm to u rith, just posting here as well just in case.

i could manage to get my hands on a i780 ROM with wm6.1 Pro and i extracted the R2VS dll for the wm6.1 pro. let me know if u can implement it in a new R2VS for the omnia, i will post it here.

Guest achen_su
i sent a pm to u rith, just posting here as well just in case.

i could manage to get my hands on a i780 ROM with wm6.1 Pro and i extracted the R2VS dll for the wm6.1 pro. let me know if u can implement it in a new R2VS for the omnia, i will post it here.

KAV I WANT TO KNOW.

I780 HAVER R2VS IN CONTROL PANEL?

OR IN PROGRAM ?

IF U POST IN THE FORUM.

I THINK RITH CAN TO MAKE IT TRUE

BECAUSE I FIND WOW HD ON ANY FORUM ONLY RITH WOW HD CAN WORK FOR OMNIA ANOTHER WOW HD CAN'T WORK.

BUT ONLY INSTALL R2VS WM5 FROM RITH

PLEASE POST IT.

SORRY MY ENGLISH BAD. :lol:

Guest ardvarkofdoom

loaded r2vs, soft restart, enabled. loaded SRS, softreset, now I can't find where to access it! It installed because it detects that there is a version on my device, but where can I start the program from?

Guest ardvarkofdoom

I swear to god there wasn't an icon there. I turned the "power off" feature off... but because I couldn't find SRS, I guess my phone froze anyways... so i uninstalled both temporarily.... Will reinstall and retry later :D

Guest JezzyJeff

i'm sorry but i didn't really get it how i get wow hd to work. is r2vs necessary for wow hd to work? i don't wanna use r2vs, i think it's not quite an enhancement as wow hd is. And is it now really working for you without freezing the phone? my english isn't the best neither, so it was quite hard to understand the manual by achen_su, maybe somebody might try n explain it to me :D thnx in advance and greetings from germany

Guest ardvarkofdoom

I friggin give up. I keep on having the phone freeze so I'm uninstalling. It sounded so much better, too :D

Guest kav
KAV I WANT TO KNOW.

I780 HAVER R2VS IN CONTROL PANEL?

OR IN PROGRAM ?

IF U POST IN THE FORUM.

I THINK RITH CAN TO MAKE IT TRUE

BECAUSE I FIND WOW HD ON ANY FORUM ONLY RITH WOW HD CAN WORK FOR OMNIA ANOTHER WOW HD CAN'T WORK.

BUT ONLY INSTALL R2VS WM5 FROM RITH

PLEASE POST IT.

SORRY MY ENGLISH BAD. :lol:

i could get only a dll file, the r2vs dll file from a i780, couldnt locate the .cpl or .exe app that opens in programs. i couldnt get the reg entries yet from the i780 rom.

i dont own a i780, just got a custom rom for it and i extracted what i needed.

btw in the zip file, u will find the wm6.1 pro r2vs dll from a custom i780 rom and the original r2vs dll from an official i900 DZIA5 rom.

will post more if i can get the reg entries and the .cpl and .exe files for the new r2vs

r2vs_wm6.1_dlls.zip

Edited by kav

Guest achen_su
i could get only a dll file, the r2vs dll file from a i780, could locate the .cpl or .exe app that opens in programs. i couldnt get the reg entries yet from the i780 rom.

i dont own a i780, just got a custom rom for it and i extracted what i needed.

btw in the zip file, u will find the wm6.1 pro r2vs dll from a custom i780 rom and the original r2vs dll from an official i900 DZIA5 rom.

will post more if i can get the reg entries and the .cpl and .exe files for the new r2vs

maybe i780 not have r2vs cpl and r2vs_effect_control.exe

i download i770 saga manual. i770 use wm6.1 os

i read this manual. i770 have r2vs control panel like i760 you post. but i760 use wm5 r2vs dll.

I want to know r2vs from i770 use r2vs wm6 or wm5.(this it rith want to know too)

can u extract from i770 saga rom

this file fromi i760

R2VS.cpl, 

-R2VS_ARM_WM5_PPC_Driver.dll, 

-R2VS_Effect_Control_Panel.exe

rith want file from i770

R2VS.cpl, 

-R2VS_ARM_WM6_Pro_Driver.dll, 

-R2VS_Effect_Control_Panel.exe

and i want to know i780 have this file?

Guest dwallersv

Guys, the SRS enhancement doesn't play well with suspend on the Omnia. There is no way to use it and also make use of the suspend/sleep feature of the phone.

If you want to have this installed, the only way to guarantee that your phone doesn't hang and require reboot is to completely disable the phone from going to sleep under any circumstances. This means that your phone will suck down battery like a thirsty elephant. You can turn off the screen, which will help, but you still will be nearly fully discharging the phone every day even if you don't use it much.

Guest achen_su
Guys, the SRS enhancement doesn't play well with suspend on the Omnia. There is no way to use it and also make use of the suspend/sleep feature of the phone.

If you want to have this installed, the only way to guarantee that your phone doesn't hang and require reboot is to completely disable the phone from going to sleep under any circumstances. This means that your phone will suck down battery like a thirsty elephant. You can turn off the screen, which will help, but you still will be nearly fully discharging the phone every day even if you don't use it much.

before sleep open wow hd setting and press Power button then you phone can sleep and wake up. try this

but every time sleep open wow hd setting