How to mount a new Touch panel on OMNIA

Guest lantony

Guest Michael122w
Dude this is sooooo making me jealous. How easy is this to do? How long does it take and do i need special gloves etc ...

what about dust etc?

Really wanna pimp my omnia ......

GG

Took me under 30 minutes - with the provided tools (I was a little nervous so took it slowly). The screen I bought came with screwdriver and disassembly tool - which made it really simple - the only other thing I needed was a pointy nosed tweezers. I didn't use gloves - just try not to touch any of the sensitive points. The step by step guides are pretty good - so long as you take things slowly and don't force anything B)

Seriously worth the risk though......

Guest 3shirts
would it's warranty be voided if I have replaced the touch panel by myself? thanks

I would think so yes. I am still gonna try this though, Michael122w has given me the confidence as it sounds like he was as nervous as me but managed it fine

Edited by 3shirts

Guest GodsGift
I would think so yes. I am still gonna try this though, Michael122w has given me the confidence as it sounds like he was as nervous as me but managed it fine

got itchy fingers now ... although gonna try the phones4u route first as am quite pally with one of the salesmen.

GG

Guest modacian

B) while dissimbling my Omnia and resembling it back, the mic doesn't work anymore! nothing is broken, everything else is working fine, including the mouse, but the mic is not working, what should I do? please help... :( :( :(

Guest Michael122w
B) while dissimbling my Omnia and resembling it back, the mic doesn't work anymore! nothing is broken, everything else is working fine, including the mouse, but the mic is not working, what should I do? please help... :( :( :(

Man this is terrible! Have you checked that each of the cables was correctly attached? I would pull it apart again and check each and every connection!

Michael

Guest modacian
Man this is terrible! Have you checked that each of the cables was correctly attached? I would pull it apart again and check each and every connection!

Michael

i have done that many times!!!! actually the mouse, call answer, call end, and the mic all share the same connection socket and wire to the motherboard! all is working fine except for the mic! i am using a bluetooth anyway but this is not good!!! B)

i think i will visit the service center tomorrow and see! hopefully he will not discover that i opened it! :(

Guest maf107ezk0

Hello, how can I check if my touchscreen is of the NEW ones :( I mean after arround what date do they make Omnias with those B)

Guest lantony
i have done that many times!!!! actually the mouse, call answer, call end, and the mic all share the same connection socket and wire to the motherboard! all is working fine except for the mic! i am using a bluetooth anyway but this is not good!!!

i think i will visit the service center tomorrow and see! hopefully he will not discover that i opened it!

I don't know if this can help, but did you try with an Hard Reset of your device? Did u pay attention in removing and plugging the connections? I think this operation must be very delicate.

Still waiting for my touchpad :(

Hello, how can I check if my touchscreen is of the NEW ones :( I mean after arround what date do they make Omnias with those B)

Hello! ....just read a little bit :( It's written in the previous pages :(

Edited by lantony

Guest modacian
I don't know if this can help, but did you try with an Hard Reset of your device? Did u pay attention in removing and plugging the connections? I think this operation must be very delicate.

Still waiting for my touchpad B)

yes, did a hardreset, paid complete attention regarding the connections and all the delicate stuff! i'm taking it to the service today :(

just be careful i might have short circited or static something here or there! i didn't shot circuit my self or wear any anti static or gloves so i thing i have damaged something! wish the damage is not that bad!!!

Guest abuawab
thank you all guys, you have been inspiring, I have did the *#0*# and I definately have a bad touch screen, it is good around the edges, but very VERY bad in the middle area... to the point that I can see the LCD color change from my pressure but still not detecting the touch unless I press even harder! so I have decided to go for the new digitizer option, you guys have given me hope! :(

however the question is still valid, how do i know that the new digitizer is a good one? Samsung is denying any new/old digitizer, I have never seen any model numbering, and the only place on the internet that is talking about this is here! I know it exist but how do I know? there must be some model number!!!

Anyway, I have decided since I am going to "eventually" take my Omnia apart, why not change it to the white one! B) so guys, what do you think of this:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Original-Full-Housing-C...A1%7C240%3A1318

do you think it is the new digitizer?

---------> have you tried that yet? please let me know coz i'm interested in the white one too :(

Guest daskalos

Yup this is completely true

the new touch panel is hardware-wise improved

and the sensitivity is awesome (you don't really have to put much pressure anymore or use your fingernails because it's too damn

sensitive) like 80-90 % better than the old touch screens...and if Iphone response is 10 of 10, the new Omnia touch Screen is 8 out of 10... (old Omnia touchscreens 6 out of 10 this also includes tweaked ones)

but for those who worries about disassembling etc. there is another way...

It is by buying or trading your old Omnia units with the newer Omnia Units...

So what does new Omnia units equipped with improved touch screens look like?

They maybe still in silver/black or all black, but they have now their storage capacity (16gb/8gb) indicated on the upper left corner of the Omnia

DSC03096.jpg

Edited by daskalos

Guest fayehoo
Yup this is completely true

the new touch panel is hardware-wise improved

and the sensitivity is awesome (you don't really have to put much pressure anymore or use your fingernails because it's too damn

sensitive) like 80-90 % better than the old touch screens...and if Iphone response is 10 of 10, the new Omnia touch Screen is 8 out of 10... (old Omnia touchscreens 6 out of 10 this also includes tweaked ones)

but for those who worries about disassembling etc. there is another way...

It is by buying or trading your old Omnia units with the newer Omnia Units...

So what does new Omnia units equipped with improved touch screens look like?

They maybe still in silver or black, but they have now their storage capacity (16gb/8gb) indicated on the upper left corner of the Omnia

DSC03096.jpg

the improved touch screen is black.and the old one is silver black.the color is the most different.

Guest daskalos
the improved touch screen is black.and the old one is silver black.the color is the most different.

Nop...the silver back Omnia with the capacity indicated has the improved touch panel too... cause they still make omnia with the black silver combination

Guest darkevil1sg

do you think it's possible to bring my omnia for servicing and complain about the poor sensitivity? that's really sucks. My friend omnia sensitivity is really awesome like what you guy describe compared to mine.

Guest daskalos

I doubt they will replace it with the new touchscreen... it's not the Old Omnia's fault to have that less sensitive screen....

But if the screen is assessed defective and warranty is not void, maybe then

Edited by daskalos

Guest Chugworth

Huh? There is a newer, more-sensitive touch screen? And older Omnia's can be upgraded? Does this include the i910?

I think someone should pin a new post in this forum with instructions on where to buy them and how to upgrade them. You've got me interested, that's for sure! B)

Guest fayehoo
Nop...the silver back Omnia with the capacity indicated has the improved touch panel too... cause they still make omnia with the black silver combination

I am sorry,I tested a I900 phone(type:i908E,for China Mobile),the screen is more sensitive,but it's almost the same color as mine.and no capacity indicated.But it's manufactured in 2009.1.6。

So it's not sure to confirm a new screen by color or by capacity symbol.

Guest lantony

JUST MOUNTED MY NEW TOUCH ORDERED ON EBAY: IT'S THE NEW ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was sure that my omnia was equipped with the new touch because i was quiet satisfied with its response but i was wrong: with the new touch ordered from wholesaleandy i've noticed a HUGE difference, even better sensitivity than iphone !!! No need of nails or pressure anymore, just graze

cimg2691.th.jpg

Edited by lantony

Guest tribal123
JUST MOUNTED MY NEW TOUCH ORDERED ON EBAY: IT'S THE NEW ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was sure that my omnia was equipped with the new touch because i was quiet satisfied with its response but i was wrong: with the new touch ordered from wholesaleandy i've noticed a HUGE difference, even better sensitivity than iphone !!! No need of nails or pressure anymore, just graze

cimg2691.th.jpg

Can you tell us the buyer you have bought from? :excl:

EDIT: sorry, understood, Wholesaleandy, don't you?

Edited by tribal123

Guest tribal123
for the italian people . I heard that the new rom the official one of course. solve 90 % of the touch problem !

You heard bad :excl: i'm an italian user with brand-new ROm B3 and this increase a 10% the reactivity of the touch (not so bad in my case).

I've flashed the Voyager 3 instead of.