Backup tool

Guest JDawg183

Guest JDawg183

I was just wondering what is the best backup tool? I want something that will save my configurations, but not my ROM completely. I am getting a replacement Omnia from VZW because mine is having problems, and i want to save all the good stuff without saving the problems and carrying it over to the new device. Any help would be great.

Guest BeamRider
I was just wondering what is the best backup tool? I want something that will save my configurations, but not my ROM completely. I am getting a replacement Omnia from VZW because mine is having problems, and i want to save all the good stuff without saving the problems and carrying it over to the new device. Any help would be great.

IMHO SPB Backup: fast, easy, configurable.

Cheers

Guest Emexrulsier
IMHO SPB Backup: fast, easy, configurable.

Cheers

Does SPB Backup work properly with the Omnia yet. I know you have always been able to perform a full or part backup but if u try and do a restore of the full content you will have to perform a full hard reset of the device making the full backup unusable. This is because it was unable to backup the file \POCKETFS.SYS not sure if these has been rectified? When you went to do a restore it would complete ok but many functions like phone would not work.

Guest JDawg183
Does SPB Backup work properly with the Omnia yet. I know you have always been able to perform a full or part backup but if u try and do a restore of the full content you will have to perform a full hard reset of the device making the full backup unusable. This is because it was unable to backup the file \POCKETFS.SYS not sure if these has been rectified? When you went to do a restore it would complete ok but many functions like phone would not work.

That "phone" function is kinda an important one on a phone. lol

Guest TonynMI

I have used SPB Backup for over 3 years on my T-Mobile MDA, T-Mobile Wing and now my Omnia I900 without any problems. On my I900 I have had for 4 months I have done 1 Restore and it worked without any problems. As for the \POCKETFS.SYS I have done an IGNORED files and it has not caused me any problems. 

Hope this helps your fears.

Guest 3shirts

I use Sprite and it almost always fails on POCKETFS.SYS, it still works fine though so i'm guessing that file doesn't really change much from the basic ROM.

I use Sprite for ROM changes all the time and it's great. It's also handy as you can restore a single file from a full backup so if you f something up or make an unwanted to change you can restore just that one file.

Also (and maybe SPB does this) the Sprite backups are self-running exe files so you don't have to install Sprite on your freshly wiped device before running the restore

Guest jhickey

I've always experienced problems using SPB Backup for a full backup on my i910...I've had to use a combination of it and Sprite Backup to return my phone to exactly how it was before. I use SPB for the registry (because Sprite does not restore it correctly) and Sprite for everything else. It's a pain, but hey, I want my phone exactly how I like it.