s0cks ROM: Omnia WM 6.1 DXID1 [ENG] with all default APP!

Guest s0cks

Guest KdeedK

Hi s0cks,

First I must say that it's one of the finest ROM I have used so far, other ones were WM 6.5 based ROMs and were too buggy for my taste, even the most stable ones. Everything works like a charm except one which might be due to my stupidy! :D

So here is the exact problem I am facing.

The problem is with my camera, before I flashed my phone it used to show me a GPS Enable option in the phone Settings after I turned on the camera.Though it used to be grayed out. But now it isn't showing that option plus my Geo coordinates are recorded as 0 always! But I must say that my GPS is working and EXTRA is enabled and I am getting a lock in GMap.

Could you please tell me that what could be the exact problem?

Sorry that I couldn't provide more info on my previous firmware as I have flashed it thrice, hours after I got my phone in hand, I don't even remember the Firmwire number, let alone experimenting with it. ;)

Thanks in advance. :)

Guest s0cks
S0cks.. i'm using DXIA5 Stock version.. i used the registry editor to edit the above values in but cant save it. it says invalid values.. is this code meant for DXID1? also. the calibration data both is still not very accurate.. you can test it out with *#0*# on dial pad and select touch thereafter. you can see the clicking of the pixel and some parts especially the middle of the screen, the pixel selected is out of alignment.

Maybe you are typing these values in HEX...

Try to type in the DWORD entry... or change your Registry Editor...

Hi s0cks,

First I must say that it's one of the finest ROM I have used so far, other ones were WM 6.5 based ROMs and were too buggy for my taste, even the most stable ones. Everything works like a charm except one which might be due to my stupidy! :D

So here is the exact problem I am facing.

The problem is with my camera, before I flashed my phone it used to show me a GPS Enable option in the phone Settings after I turned on the camera.Though it used to be grayed out. But now it isn't showing that option plus my Geo coordinates are recorded as 0 always! But I must say that my GPS is working and EXTRA is enabled and I am getting a lock in GMap.

Could you please tell me that what could be the exact problem?

Sorry that I couldn't provide more info on my previous firmware as I have flashed it thrice, hours after I got my phone in hand, I don't even remember the Firmwire number, let alone experimenting with it. ;)

Thanks in advance. :)

Well,

I really don't know how to solve this...

Maybe it's the camera version that comes in DXID1... (probably)

Maybe it's your phone...

The fact is that I never use the geo tagging in photos...

But can you tell me what is your ROM before flashing to mine?

Maybe I can get that camera version and investigate...

Guest isaiahfortythirtyone

hi can i confirm that this automatically flashes the Phone part? or does it keep the existing phone part we have in the phone?

Guest KdeedK
Maybe you are typing these values in HEX...

Try to type in the DWORD entry... or change your Registry Editor...

Well,

I really don't know how to solve this...

Maybe it's the camera version that comes in DXID1... (probably)

Maybe it's your phone...

The fact is that I never use the geo tagging in photos...

But can you tell me what is your ROM before flashing to mine?

Maybe I can get that camera version and investigate...

My upgrade path was:

DXHH3 (I bought an unlocked Omnia but it was a stock ROM, I am guessing from the standard application and look of it) > DXID1_23001_X1 > i900DXID1_SHKv14 > SK002 DXID1 2605_5

The first firmware definitely had the GPS setting, I am not too sure about the two intermediate firmwares as I haven't really experimented with them. I think they didn't because it's the same base firmware as yours unless they cooked another camera application into it.

But I have found some information on this topic:

1. Firstly, initial firmwares had the option to turn on GPS and you could take photos even without a GPS lock.
  2. But at a later stage, Samsung released firmwares that wouldn't allow you to take photos unless you get a GPS lock.
  3. So Samsung removed this GPS setting from the camera application altogether.
I am not too sure if you could actually resolve this issue in your upcoming release due end of this month, but if you could then it would be really great because running a GPS logger and then tagging the photos is just hasslesome!

Thanks a lot for taking out your time to even read such a long post. ;)

Guest s0cks
hi can i confirm that this automatically flashes the Phone part? or does it keep the existing phone part we have in the phone?

This ROM automatically flashes the phone part!

My upgrade path was:

DXHH3 (I bought an unlocked Omnia but it was a stock ROM, I am guessing from the standard application and look of it) > DXID1_23001_X1 > i900DXID1_SHKv14 > SK002 DXID1 2605_5

The first firmware definitely had the GPS setting, I am not too sure about the two intermediate firmwares as I haven't really experimented with them. I think they didn't because it's the same base firmware as yours unless they cooked another camera application into it.

But I have found some information on this topic:

1. Firstly, initial firmwares had the option to turn on GPS and you could take photos even without a GPS lock.
  2. But at a later stage, Samsung released firmwares that wouldn't allow you to take photos unless you get a GPS lock.
  3. So Samsung removed this GPS setting from the camera application altogether.
I am not too sure if you could actually resolve this issue in your upcoming release due end of this month, but if you could then it would be really great because running a GPS logger and then tagging the photos is just hasslesome!

Thanks a lot for taking out your time to even read such a long post. ;)

I'll try...

Hi Socks! i just flashed your ROM but ran into a problem. AFter flashing, my phone just kept restarting on its own. i could not even get into the main screen where i set my time. i hard reset it also...didnt work

fortunately, i was able to flash to another ROM.

eveyrthing went ok and in the end it said "Job Done" so im not sure what went wrong. any ideas?

Guest Omniaaddicted

after used this ROM a week... i must admit this ROM is stable, quicker than DXIA5, the best part is the storage space, so we can install more app, and this ROM has original default app. nice ROM from sock...

but maybe the battery drain faster than DXIA5, or maybe because i use M2D.

and first time i was install this ROM, the phone did restart 4 times... lil bit worried but it's normal

thanks s0ck.

oh i forget something, the touch screen pretty nice... love that!

Edited by Omniaaddicted

Guest Xikitu

Hello

Thx GOD for this ROM. I was searching for this a week.

I have done all the procedures to install it. But in the first time i flash my phone with this ROM, it star restarting and restarting. I can't do nothing. So i tried to flash again and CONGRATULATIONS, it became normal again. I testing the ROM this week and tomorrow i write my impression :)

Big hug!

ok ive finally got this ROM to work. Does anyone know how to add ringtones? i somehow cannot seem to reinstall my former samsung original tones.

Guest s0cks
Hi Socks! i just flashed your ROM but ran into a problem. AFter flashing, my phone just kept restarting on its own. i could not even get into the main screen where i set my time. i hard reset it also...didnt work

eveyrthing went ok and in the end it said "Job Done" so im not sure what went wrong. any ideas?

I faced this problem too when I bought my Omnia...

This is an incompatibility with your SIMCARD...

Here in Brazil, the TIM users get this problem...

The only way to solve this is changing your location to Philipines through these steps:

1. Open your DIAL NUMBER (Omnia default) and type *#1546792*#

2. Select 'pre-configuration'

3. Type password *#81230*# and press OK and Continue

4. Now select 'Philipines' as country and then select 'Globe' as operator.

5. Press OK and accept the confirmation. Your phone will be HARD RESETTED!

And remember to not accept the OPERATOR configurations when you turn on your phone for the first time.

But in your case... you don't need to do this because you solved your problem...

And bear in mind... this is not a problem with my ROM...

This is a Omnia incompatibility in general...

There is some topics about this restarting problem!

after used this ROM a week... i must admit this ROM is stable, quicker than DXIA5, the best part is the storage space, so we can install more app, and this ROM has original default app. nice ROM from sock...

but maybe the battery drain faster than DXIA5, or maybe because i use M2D.

and first time i was install this ROM, the phone did restart 4 times... lil bit worried but it's normal

thanks s0ck.

oh i forget something, the touch screen pretty nice... love that!

Thanks...

About the battery drain... well... here I can get a week using the phone without recharging...

And I use SPB Mobile Shell 3...

Maybe M2D consumes the battery... I don't know...

In my ROM I don't have any extra program running in background... so you can't say that my ROM drains battery...

But when I changed from DXIA5 to DXID1... I noticed a SMALL (very small) reduction in battery life...

But I still can get using my phone whole the week without recharging it...

And your phone restarted four times because you selected to FORMAT your storage during the FLASHING process...

Hello

Thx GOD for this ROM. I was searching for this a week.

I have done all the procedures to install it. But in the first time i flash my phone with this ROM, it star restarting and restarting. I can't do nothing. So i tried to flash again and CONGRATULATIONS, it became normal again. I testing the ROM this week and tomorrow i write my impression :)

Big hug!

Maybe your are a TIM Brazil user, right?

Please read above the steps to solve this restarting thing...

I worked for me...

And another thing...

When you turn on your phone for the first time after flashing...

DON'T ACCEPT THE TIM CONFIGURATIONS OK?

It will put your phone into a restart loop...

Unfortunately it happens only with TIM SIMCARDs ;)

And thanks for your comments!

ok ive finally got this ROM to work. Does anyone know how to add ringtones? i somehow cannot seem to reinstall my former samsung original tones.

You should put your ringtones inside \My Documents\My Ringtones. Then you can go to Settings > Sounds & Notifications > Notifications and change to your preferred ringtone.

Edited by s0cks

And thanks for your comments!

You should put your ringtones inside \My Documents\My Ringtones. Then you can go to Settings > Sounds & Notifications > Notifications and change to your preferred ringtone.

Hi socks! thanks for the advice on the ringtones. unfortunately, i still cannot seem to get the ringtones to work. i've tried putting the tones in

1) \my documents\my ringtones

2) \my storage\my ringtones

3) \storage card\my ringtones

all of which do not work. :/

any ideas what may be wrong?

Guest s0cks
Hi socks! thanks for the advice on the ringtones. unfortunately, i still cannot seem to get the ringtones to work. i've tried putting the tones in

1) \my documents\my ringtones

2) \my storage\my ringtones

3) \storage card\my ringtones

all of which do not work. :/

any ideas what may be wrong?

Can you tell how you are testing it?

Guest shingers5

using this now and works very well with spb mobi shell. love the cube. this is very fast and stable. htc task manager won't load even after install. plz add in future updates

Can you tell how you are testing it?

yup...

i just copy the files to those locations...then go to Sounds and Notifications. I cannot find any of the ringtones there.

I also browse to the folder, hold on the "classic bell" tone and click "set as ringtone" but that does not work either.

Guest Omniaaddicted

hai socks...

i just realise when i turn on my garmin....why i have a long time to get the satellite lock..?

maybe u have advice or trick to solve my problem...

and about the battery, yes i have 2-3 day with normal use, 1,5days with heavy duty... never have a week without recharge.

thank.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Broda

I saw around, maybe Taril ROM with new Windows Mobile 6.1.4 Build 20757.1.4.0

Socks, could you make a new 6.1 ROM with all default application with this new windows Molbile Build ?

Guest Nadooori

Same thing here.... BUT I couldnt flash to another ROM! :)

I'm stuck now!

Guest vince1970
I faced this problem too when I bought my Omnia...

This is an incompatibility with your SIMCARD...

Here in Brazil, the TIM users get this problem...

The only way to solve this is changing your location to Philipines through these steps:

1. Open your DIAL NUMBER (Omnia default) and type *#1546792*#

2. Select 'pre-configuration'

3. Type password *#81230*# and press OK and Continue

4. Now select 'Philipines' as country and then select 'Globe' as operator.

5. Press OK and accept the confirmation. Your phone will be HARD RESETTED!

And remember to not accept the OPERATOR configurations when you turn on your phone for the first time.

But in your case... you don't need to do this because you solved your problem...

And bear in mind... this is not a problem with my ROM...

This is a Omnia incompatibility in general...

There is some topics about this restarting problem!

Managed to get the phone connected and flashed. 100% working. THANKS FOR THE GREAT ROM.

Edited by vince1970

Guest Zealster

Back to this ROM again. A friend told me WinMo6.5 had better scrolling and was more stable. Well, there's no real big difference except that 6.5 is more flashy. I prefer 6.1..

Guest mario.omnia

Hi,

I recently cooked my own ROM, but I was unable to make my Samsung Widgets work with Flash 3.1 and .NETCF 3.5...

Can you please explain how did you managed that...

I cook ROMs in Sztupy's automated kitchen...