New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest BamDastard

OK, so for those of you who have been following the 910 GPS thread know that, thanks to Azintegra, we have a new ROM for the i910. GPS still isn't working as of this post, but there are a few other updates that have piqued my interest B) .

I am wondering if anyone has had a sucessful, as in no issues with functionality, install of this new ROM?

*EDIT* This has worked fine for me and for some other members.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! AFTER DOING THIS, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REVERT TO THE ORIGINAL UNLESS YOU HAVE A ROM TO FLASH BACK TO IF THEN. YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE! PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDE EXACTLY! IF IT IS NOT CHECKED IN THE SCREEN CAP, DO NOT CHECK IT ON YOUR COMPUTER. USERS ARE REPORTING THAT SELECTING INITIALIZE PHONE OR UPDATE BOOTLOADER MAY CAUSE THE PHONE CONNECTION AND DATA TO STOP WORKING. THIS IS FOR THE I910 ONLY!

Alignment___Adjustment.pdf

UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3.rar

New Firmware located here

Edited by BamDastard

Guest Adrynalyne

I've not noticed anything I didn't already suspect. I haven't had too much time to spend with it, but:

My list thus far:

*Overall performance increase.

* 5% battery increments!

*Smart Memo

*Dice

*Favorite Settings, now known as easy settings

*New widgets. Easier to move around, can remove from list. Weatherbug, WL search.

*Windows Live

*Text Message Retry?

*Dialer Touch Lock Settings-Off, 2s, 5s, 10s. My claim to fame is gone icon_sad.gif

*Disable Threaded Text Messaging via System Settings

*Sharper fonts.

*iPhone-esque popup keyboard keys. Much improved!

*Better kinetic scrolling in Samsung apps.

*Samsung Volume Control

Bugs I still noticed:

Escalating Ringtone.

FavoriteSettings/EasySettings does not work to change ringtone.

Samsung Today 2 still not enabled.

Guest BamDastard

Feel like throwing a little "i910 flashing tutorial" together for all the users here? Don't get me wrong, I just may use it too, but I'm asking as a purely selfless community member. B)

Guest Adrynalyne

Honestly? I followed the pdf file in the GPS thread to a T, and that was all it took. Dont think I can improve on it.

I gave up on Samsung PST.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest BamDastard

Can you explain this step of the guide?

"When you download the phone image, you need the driver of Samsung CDMA Modem."

What do they mean, do I need it and where can I get it?

Guest Adrynalyne

I grabbed it off the vzaccess CD that my phone came with. Im sure you can probably download it from their support site as well.

Guest jhickey

I've flashed my phone successfully, and I haven't run into any problems. I haven't noticed a significant performance increase though. I guess it's worth it if you want to learn how to flash your phone or something, but that's it.

Guest BamDastard

OK, just finished on my phone. Working fine! Don't see a speed increase. Weatherbug widget and MS Live are good additions as well as the pop ups on the keyboard. I didn't need to download anything additional, just ROM, UMDL and the guide. I am updating top post so all of these are together.

Guest cmalone
OK, just finished on my phone. Working fine! Don't see a speed increase. Weatherbug widget and MS Live are good additions as well as the pop ups on the keyboard. I didn't need to download anything additional, just ROM, UMDL and the guide. I am updating top post so all of these are together.

Pop ups on keyboard? how do you mean? so, if i flash my phone with this and something goes wrong, i am in deep because nobody has original? is that right? is this easy for the technically challenged? thanks, chris

Guest BamDastard
Pop ups on keyboard? how do you mean? so, if i flash my phone with this and something goes wrong, i am in deep because nobody has original? is that right? is this easy for the technically challenged? thanks, chris

Like on the iPhone, when you tap a letter on the keyboard, the letter you are touching pops up above the key to show which you are on. It doesn't add to your typed string until you let go.

Easy to do, yes. Follow the guide. I am running Win7 and had to retry twice before it would start. I think there is a guide here somewhere to dump your phone so you can generate a backup to flash back if needed.

Edited by BamDastard

Guest necosino

BamDastard, could you do us a favor and update your first post, and put in big, bright, bold letters:

:excl: :excl: DO NOT SELECT THE "INITIALIZE PHONE" OR "UPDATE BOOTLOADER" BOXES. THIS PREVENTS YOUR PHONE FROM CONNECTING TO 3G(DATA) AND POTENTIALLY FROM THE ENTIRE PHONE NETWORK. :excl: :excl:

Guest MASTANA20

will this rom update  work for verizon users in the u.s.a. and if it does  can anyone show how to save the current rom so if i mess up i can revert back to original rom.   thanks

Guest Adrynalyne

Verizon is only USA :excl:

Anyway--this is a one way street. There is no backing up current ROM, AFAIK.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest necosino
Verizon is only USA :excl:

Anyway--this is a one way street. There is no backing up current ROM, AFAIK.

We're working on that though :excl: