New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest gayflag

+1 successful flash. Non bricked atleast. Now to see if pimbackup actually works :excl:. Oh, and that GPS thingy mer bobber. Whatever the hell that does. Sounds like some fad crap nobody will catch onto.

Guest fritzprezz
+1 successful flash. Non bricked atleast. Now to see if pimbackup actually works :excl: . Oh, and that GPS thingy mer bobber. Whatever the hell that does. Sounds like some fad crap nobody will catch onto.

dumb question.. but seriously, can i install this on my omnia i900? will it not cause any trouble or brick my unit?pls. let me know.. im excited about it..

Guest bpivk
dumb question.. but seriously, can i install this on my omnia i900? will it not cause any trouble or brick my unit?pls. let me know.. im excited about it..

Yes it will cause trouble. And yes it might brick it or it won't allow you to flash it. One or the other will happen.

Guest Adrynalyne

I can't think of one reason why you would want this on an i900. There are better stock roms for you guys, and even better cooked ones.

Guest semmtexx
my i910 is dead power wont even turn on but when i plug it into my pc windows starts looking for a monahans driver please help any info at all hook me up i miss my omnia:(

Big Daddy, please read this entire thread. some people have had similar issues like yours and have been able to manage.

Guest Bern612

i was curious of what would happen if i resored a complete restore, and from what i could see the only thing that went wrong was the the samsunonlinewidget dissapeared from settings. gps worked and everthing. was using spb backup

Guest Corrsfan99
Yes, you will lose all your settings. The only thing I would recommend restoring from backups are contacts, email accounts, etc. This ROM does not have GPS unlocked yet, but that is something that will be worked on feverishly for the next week, lol.. Possibly a WinMo 6.5 cooked rom to come in the next couple weeks, too :excl:

As of right now, its just a working i910 ROM update that has some new features, and will allow us to start trying to cook up new roms.. Hopefully unlock GPS in the next couple weeks..

What program do you recommend to restore e-mail accounts?

Guest sstuner
Found this forum by accident today, and have since flashed my i910 and set the gps to com8 and 57600.....................This is NICE!!!!!!!!! Works Great.

Where is the location for the com 8 and baud rate located?

Guest aamon17
What program do you recommend to restore e-mail accounts?

I used SPB Backup to restore email (Outlook & 3 pop accounts), text, & PIM data with no problem.

Guest Chris H11
Great - flashed successfully. I noticed that Outlook is missing from MS Office though. Anyone?

My phone never had Outlook in the MS Office.

But no one has answered my question if the new Rom improves the media player or not? because it really sucks as it is

It doens't

Guest somedude

hmmmm... I remember azintegra saying that you need MS office installed on your pc in order for the flash to work....I wonder if not having it on my pc caused it to crash?!?!?

Anyway, i called verizon today, and Im getting a replacement Monday.

And yes, i will try to flash the replacement lol.

Guest bearhntr
I see people asking how to make me donations if u would like to donate use the link below. button wont work in here don't know why. ENJOY MY ROM RELEASE MORE TO COME SOON TELUS AND BELL

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...tton_id=4594606

AZINTEGRA,

I am soooo looking forward to trying out your new VZW i910 ROM for my OMNIA once I have taken care of a few things. I have to have my OMNIA replaced (long story - but I scratched up the face really badly).

I have one question that perhaps you can answer. I want to make a backup of my phone before I send it back to VZW for FRU replacement, and I had read someplace (cannot fid it again now) about something called MITs BACKUP. I was mentioned in one of the OMNIA forums someplace, and for the life of me I cannot find it again. It was supposedly something which came with the OMNIA software CDs. I do not see it anywhere in them.

What is the best way to BACKUP my phone (completely) before I send it back to VZW?

Much Thanks, and keep up the ROM work.

*BH*

Guest Chris H11
hmmmm... I remember azintegra saying that you need MS office installed on your pc in order for the flash to work....I wonder if not having it on my pc caused it to crash?!?!?

Anyway, i called verizon today, and Im getting a replacement Monday.

And yes, i will try to flash the replacement lol.

I didn't have MS Office on this computer (I use it on my laptop instead) and it worked fine for me.

Guest gayflag
Where is the location for the com 8 and baud rate located?

I have read this thread, and the other gps thread like five times over. I found this link for gps settings

http://www.modaco.com/content/smartphone-s...-on-smartphone/

This is the first time i flashed my omnia phone, so i wanted to get as much pertinent information as i could before diving into unknown water. I've flashed quite many electronic devices but this phone wasnt something i wanted to screw up. But to answer your question, just use that link. Then go into personal info/settings to switch gps to 'location on".

lol my first post was "huurr i flashed my phone works great etc."

I like this forum. Lots of great info. Much more than howardforums on flashing. My new phone arrived, i activated it, then looked into howardforums for online info. Then stumbled across pda4x, xda-dev, Please read the site rules no links or requests for warez, this site, and a few others. If i knew that mobile phones had such a great community i'd have got this phone alot sooner :excl:

Guest bearhntr
I have modified the ExtromROM_Bin a bit, all you need to do is rename the i910.vzw.img (or whatever you have the .img saved as) to Image.img (you can also drag whatever file you have onto extractrom_bin, and it will rename it)

@ECHO OFF

PATH %~dp0\Tools;%~dp0\XIPTools;%PATH%

Title Samsung i90X ROM Kitchen BY [email protected]

CD /D "%~dp0\"

ECHO.

ECHO Take I910 Image and split.  Rename i910 Image to Image.img or drag file to ExtractROM_bin

ECHO. 

rename %1 Image.img

CD /D "%~dp0\"

osnbtool -sp Image.img

del *.header

del *.footer

rename Image.img.bin.nb0 PDA.nb0

ECHO.

ECHO Extracting BIN. Please Wait......

ECHO.

osnbtool -sp pda.nb0

ren pda.nb0.os.nb OS.nb

osnbtool -d os.nb 1 XIP.bin

osnbtool -d os.nb 2 Imgfs.bin

ECHO.

ECHO Extracting Imgfs. Please Wait......

ECHO.

ImgfsToDump.exe imgfs.bin > dump.log

ECHO.

ECHO Extracting XIP. Please Wait......

ECHO.

dump XIP.bin

ECHO.

ECHO Extracting OEM and SYS. Please Wait.......

ECHO.

PKGTool.exe dump

move dump\SYS .\SYS

move dump\OEM .\OEM

move romhdr.bin .\ROM\.

move XIP .\ROM\.

ECHO.

ECHO Clean-up of unnecessary files......

ECHO.

rmdir /s/q .\dump

del dump*

del pda.*

del imgfs.bin

del XIP.bin

ECHO.

ECHO All ROM files have been extracted. Start BuildROM after customisation......

ECHO.

pause

Save that over extractrom_bin

WoZZeR999,

I am looking to getting more into ROM cooking (becoming a chef). I looked into it and read a great deal about it with my T-MO MDA, but there were already so many ROMs out there for that device, I felt - why bother.

I would love to do this for my OMNIA, and learn a new skill (see my other post about this in this forum). I would be willing to host a server for storing ROMs, APPz, and other stuff for making an OMNIA KITCHEN and PANTRY. Just want feedback on the need/desire for such.

The stuff you posted, how do I use that to dump the ROM from my phone. What tools/software did you use? Seeing that I am sort of a noo-b to this, if youcan give beginner instructions with the tools I need as well as where to get them. I would appreciate it.

Seeing that I have a great deal of experience in technical writing, perhaps I can create a COOKBOOK.

Thanks in advance for any and all information,

*BH*

Guest krelvinaz
I flashed it successfully, but I have a small problem thats kinda of annoying. Seems like my SMS is messed up. Everytime or most of the time I SEND a txt message my inbox or outlook acts like if its received a new message and what I mean is that it adds a (1) and highlights the message I just sent and it and puts it in bold. It's kind of annoying.

Goto Settings -> System -> Messaging

and turn off Conversation mode.

Guest pirate266

I have a problem. I saw a few people post that they got an error message saying "Device does not support DPRAM download" I just got the exact same thing. What do I do? I'd really hate it if I had to get a new Omnia now :excl:

Guest dwallersv
Since we got the new rom, and it was everything we had hoped for and more, I decided I would take a look into cooking for the i910. Everything went pretty smoothly, and I found that the i900 kitchen seems to work fine (just the programs, you need to make your own XIP/OEM/SYS folders). I have a very basic ROM (PDA Image only), and got it to flash and all that.

I was wondering if anyone else reading this thread was going to get into the wild world of cooking?

Yes!! I plan to develop my culinary skills in this area. I've never done it at this point, so am a total noob. However, I'm an engineer by trade and a software hack, so I'm sure its not too hard to figure out.

Any help from your experiences would be appreciated. We should start a new thread dedicated to cooking the 910.

Guest absolutly
Yes!! I plan to develop my culinary skills in this area. I've never done it at this point, so am a total noob. However, I'm an engineer by trade and a software hack, so I'm sure its not too hard to figure out.

Any help from your experiences would be appreciated. We should start a new thread dedicated to cooking the 910.

I'm not jumping in yet because I don't want to lose my Manilla setup, so i think this is a great idea!

Guest WoZZeR999

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/286568/...40/#entry994132

Guest drdudephd

so i flashed my phone yesterday and all was working well. but now when i try to wake up my phone i get no response. i have to do a battery pull and restart the phone. has anyone encountered this?

Guest Solange82200

I think I found another bug. When you set Opera as the main browser, and then use the live search widget, the browser crashes after you click on a link. I havent tried it with IE and the Live Search widget, so that may work ok. Also, it appears that Opera works fine without using the Live Search widget.

Somedude, you got Verizon to replace it? What did you do, just call them and say it stopped working? That's great!