New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest Solange82200

You're right, the mobile version of Bofa does not allow access through Opera. I use Iris, which is a great browser and I tried bofa and it let me access the mobile site. give it a try, I use it the most out of all the browsers on my phone (IE, Opera, Skyfire, and Iris)

Guest stingys

I've read multiple people say that flashing this works with Vista. Because Vista uses Windows Mobile Device Center instead of Active Sync 4.5, I was wondering if anything different needed to be turned on or off under WMDC 'Connection Settings' (Other than NOT selecting "Allow USB Connections").

Guest theidoctor.org
I've read multiple people say that flashing this works with Vista. Because Vista uses Windows Mobile Device Center instead of Active Sync 4.5, I was wondering if anything different needed to be turned on or off under WMDC 'Connection Settings' (Other than NOT selecting "Allow USB Connections").

nope... that is all that needs to be done!

Guest danlandskl
Sounds like the same issue I am having. If I check "power" under "settings" I don't get the 5% increments like everyone else. Check yours to see if you have the same problem. Maybe something went wrong with the flash. I did mine from a 64bit Windows XP computer. All else seems to work fine and I can live without weatherbug and the 5% but would be nice if someone has an easy fix.

I'm having the same problem!!! I can't seem to get weatherbug to work or the 5% increments. How can I fix this?

Guest banderdragon

first off, i just ready the entire thread start to finish.

I can't get my phone to flash to the new ROM. I keep getting PDA Device not found.

UMDL.jpg

My computer is set to ignore USB connections.

allowusb.jpg

my phone is set to "Mass Storage". tired it for kicks and giggles in active sync mode and get the same error.

Read the PDF on the original post, read the guide at http://theidoctor.org/omnia.html.

I have hard reset 2x now, and soft reset once. my phone connects fine in mass storage mode. I have seen two other posts with similar problems but i am not sure i saw any solutions. if anyone can help, i would be very thankful.

Guest necosino

Here's a fail-safe.. Turn on UMDL.. Lock the .img by clicking the unifie dimage and choosing the new rom image.

Click Detect

Push and HOLD the force-reset button next to the power button on top of the Omnia. While still holding, plug in the USB with your other hand, and then release. It should then detect the phone and start flashing.

Guest banderdragon
Are you actually turning your phone off?

Followed instructions as written, so yes, unit is off when i connect it after is click detect. that no PDA found error does not pop up til after phone has been connected.

As to the try holding reset as i plug it in, 1st i find that i need another hand. thankfully there was a convienent wall around.

However, it did not fix my problem, just gave me a different error.

Capture.jpg

Guest Adrynalyne

I still don't think your phone is off. Do this.

Take your battery out.

Hook the cable to the phone.

Hit detect.

Put in battery and turn it on.

Guest jake95159

hey everybody, ive been following this post for a while, flashed with the new rom and got the gps to work, but now whenever my phone goes into standby mode, either by locking it or after a certain amount of time, it wont turn on again and i have to press the soft reset button. im pretty sure its still on, because after having it in my pocket all day i soft reset it and the battery is low. just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem, or if anyone has any ideas? thanks in advance and nice job with the new rom

Guest banderdragon

Tried battery out.

Rvalue null.. ack recive Faile

PDA Device not found.

PDA Device not found.

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

PDA Device not found.

I thank everyone for all there help, and it was very timely help. I am very thankful. I understand that this is a leaked, possible beta ROM, and i have reached the amount of effort i plan to put into it. I will keep following thread and thanks again for all the help. I will keep following thread and i may try again later.

Edited by banderdragon

Guest xPosTech
Tried battery out.

PDA Device not found.

PDA Device not found.

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

PDA Device not found.

I thank everyone for all there help, and it was very timely help. I am very thankful. I understand that this is a leaked, possible beta ROM, and i have reached the amount of effort i plan to put into it. I will keep following thread and thanks again for all the help. I will keep following thread and i may try again later.

Did you really install the drivers from the Verizon CD?

Ted

Guest taz55

ahhh. just did mine. I am glad to say it didn't brick. but It is giving me a few problems. I am working through them though. THe one thing that sucks is my laptop did a restore a few days ago and lost my contacts so now I have no more contact for my phone.

Guest cseaman

Flashed w/ new ROM without incident, GPS now working in Google Maps.

However, it's definitely spotty and slow in terms of coverage. Took 3-4 minutes to acquire GPS lock (4 sats), and only worked with a clear outdoor view...wouldn't even work near a window indoors. I hope the aforementioned new ROM from Samsung due in May really does improve the performance, add full AGPS support...something.

I suppose there's little room for complaint at this point considering, you know...it does actually work.

Guest theidoctor.org
Flashed w/ new ROM without incident, GPS now working in Google Maps.

However, it's definitely spotty and slow in terms of coverage. Took 3-4 minutes to acquire GPS lock (4 sats), and only worked with a clear outdoor view...wouldn't even work near a window indoors. I hope the aforementioned new ROM from Samsung due in May really does improve the performance, add full AGPS support...something.

I suppose there's little room for complaint at this point considering, you know...it does actually work.

well.. it takes time for it to get locked and its not AGPS yet...

hmmm everytime I enter the version number i get that the version number entered is incorrect

?!

looking at the source code of the website, you must enter either AC or MS.... but neither of which are on my phone version!

Guest cseaman

Out of curiosity, I checked the camera app to see if in this new ROM there was any change in Samsung's camera app to re-enable the geotagging feature that the i900 has...unfortunately nothing's different.

I found a registry key that I'm sure is related:

In HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\Camera there's a DWORD value for GPS that's set to 0. I tried setting it to 1, but nothing changed when I restarted the camera app. Furthermore, this version of the app appears to automatically set the value back to 0 at launch. If anyone wants to play further, post your results.

FYI, there's also a Version value in that same registry key that shows the camera app's version is 1.09. Can anyone verify the version number on the default Verizon i910 ROM?

I assume not, but has anyone heard whether there are plans to re-enable geotagging now that it seems like Verizon actually is on track to open the GPS up? Is there a third-party WinMo app that could be used to geotag images outside of the camera app?

Guest theidoctor.org
Out of curiosity, I checked the camera app to see if in this new ROM there was any change in Samsung's camera app to re-enable the geotagging feature that the i900 has...unfortunately nothing's different.

I found a registry key that I'm sure is related:

In HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\Camera there's a DWORD value for GPS that's set to 0. I tried setting it to 1, but nothing changed when I restarted the camera app. Furthermore, this version of the app appears to automatically set the value back to 0 at launch. If anyone wants to play further, post your results.

FYI, there's also a Version value in that same registry key that shows the camera app's version is 1.09. Can anyone verify the version number on the default Verizon i910 ROM?

I assume not, but has anyone heard whether there are plans to re-enable geotagging now that it seems like Verizon actually is on track to open the GPS up? Is there a third-party WinMo app that could be used to geotag images outside of the camera app?

i think there are a few other threads that talk about it, but im not sure if anyone is actually working on it... i would like to help if you need me to...

Guest Cooper3950

Anyone have trouble with s2u2 on this new ROM? When I install it, the lock application turns on but there is no slider to unlock. Any ideas?

This was the easiest flash I've ever done! :excl: