New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest bigperm
OK, guys, I am finally resorting to your help on this one as I have not seen anybody else with this issue. I can't seem to get the Omnia to even get recognized by the intaller pack. I have put deactivated USB in ActiveSync, changed USB connection on the Omnia to mass storage, and when I click "detect" in the installer it gives four lines of "usbdev open failed" and then a final line of "PDA device not found". I have had these same results on 2 separate PCs both running XP. Now, I did switch the Omnia back to "ActiveSync" mode instead of "mass storage" mode and the installer just sits there when I click "detect" and doesn't do anything. I have made sure all the correct drivers are installed and I have rebooted both the PCs and the Omnia several times.

Any insight?

Thanks

Follow iDoctor's steps, verbatim. Did you click on the ".img" button to locate the img file? Mine did not have the button that said "eboot+pda+phone...." as it does in the .pdf file screen cap.

Then click "DECTECT"

Then attach the omnia, and turn it on. (Did you turn it on?) I know it sounds dumb, but I thought I would throw it out there...

Guest bigperm
its sync with mass storage!

do not sync with active sync...

Thanks iDoctor! worked like a charm, although i went ahead and did it before I got your reply. For what its worth, I don't think it matters if you change it on the Omnia, as you are Unchecking the box on the ActiveSync on the computer, no? Because as it is flashing, the Omnia just stays in flashmode, it never gets to WM, correct?

Guest Apo11on
can i use this rom for my Omnia i900 ??

thx for answer

Absolutely *not*. It WILL brick your phone. Like it's mentioned in the previous posts - i910 and i910 have different hardware, and its not just the CDMA radio chip instead of GSM one. There are other major hardware differences, like no front side camera on i910, 2x less main memory space and many others

Guest Itlooksfast

I flashed my phone...and my GPS is working fine. ok my question is what happened to the GPS ICON in the SETTING>SYSTEM. I keep hearing people talking about changing the GPS setting to COM8 and BAUD...before the flash I can do it. Now after the flash, I cant find any ICON or anything at all for GPS except for the PHONE>GPS>CHANGE SETTING>LOCATION ON or 911 ONLY. So any ideas?

Guest theidoctor.org
Thanks iDoctor! worked like a charm, although i went ahead and did it before I got your reply. For what its worth, I don't think it matters if you change it on the Omnia, as you are Unchecking the box on the ActiveSync on the computer, no? Because as it is flashing, the Omnia just stays in flashmode, it never gets to WM, correct?

glad it helped guys!!!!

Guest blazingwolf
I flashed my phone...and my GPS is working fine. ok my question is what happened to the GPS ICON in the SETTING>SYSTEM. I keep hearing people talking about changing the GPS setting to COM8 and BAUD...before the flash I can do it. Now after the flash, I cant find any ICON or anything at all for GPS except for the PHONE>GPS>CHANGE SETTING>LOCATION ON or 911 ONLY. So any ideas?

You make the change in the program you are using not in settings on the phone.

Guest Itlooksfast

Thanks Blazingwolf...

So with this new rom...everything seem to be working fine just a lil different here and there. I dont know if anyone experience this or not but I went to Opera and went to Facebook...I was trying to update my status and I wanted to say "Sooo what day is today?" (lol inside joke) instead the keyboard or something kept saying "Sooo wha.t day is today" I deleted the "." and moved the curse and it kept going back to "wha.t" instead of "what" I cleared it and type it in again and the "." came up again...this time on "da.y" I dont get it. Its not WORD COMPLETION or AUTO-CORRECT cuz obviously "wha.t" and "da.y" is not a word. So is this a bug thing and has anyone experience this?

Also how do we turn the vibration off when we type...cuz now with the pop-up letters I dont need the vibration anymore.

Guest krelvinaz
Also how do we turn the vibration off when we type...cuz now with the pop-up letters I dont need the vibration anymore.

Not really a Rom related question.

Settings -> Personal -> Input -> Options for keyboard you are using.

Edited by krelvinaz

Guest Itlooksfast
Not really a Rom related question.

Settings -> Personal -> Input -> Options for keyboard you are using.

Actually its under SETTING>PERSONAL>VIBRATION Thanks anyways...i actually went to INPUT and couldnt find it...thats why I asked.

Edited by Itlooksfast

Guest krelvinaz
Where can I find the Omnia Downloader Program UMDL_OMNIA_v1.7.exe ?

Read the first page of this topic??

The file is UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3

Guest tscary79
OK, so for those of you who have been following the 910 GPS thread know that, thanks to Azintegra, we have a new ROM for the i910. GPS still isn't working as of this post, but there are a few other updates that have piqued my interest :excl: .

I am wondering if anyone has had a sucessful, as in no issues with functionality, install of this new ROM?

*EDIT* This has worked fine for me and for some other members.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! AFTER DOING THIS, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REVERT TO THE ORIGINAL UNLESS YOU HAVE A ROM TO FLASH BACK TO IF THEN. YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE! PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDE EXACTLY! IF IT IS NOT CHECKED IN THE SCREEN CAP, DO NOT CHECK IT ON YOUR COMPUTER. USERS ARE REPORTING THAT SELECTING INITIALIZE PHONE OR UPDATE BOOTLOADER MAY CAUSE THE PHONE CONNECTION AND DATA TO STOP WORKING. THIS IS FOR THE I910 ONLY!

Alignment___Adjustment.pdf

UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3.rar

Megaupload link for new Firmware

How do I get the Unified image file(*.img)? Do I have to download from my phone and how would I do that? Also since the screen shot are of 1.7 and the prgm is 2.3 there is not a EBOOT+PDA+PHONE(+CSC)" button, what should I do there?

Guest ardvarkofdoom

Ok, see that link at the bottom that says "megaupload link for new firmware"? Download that, it's the .img. All you have to do for v2.3 is click the unified image button and select the image that you should have just downloaded.

Guest theidoctor.org
How do I get the Unified image file(*.img)? Do I have to download from my phone and how would I do that? Also since the screen shot are of 1.7 and the prgm is 2.3 there is not a EBOOT+PDA+PHONE(+CSC)" button, what should I do there?

lol... if you go to the website http://www.theidoctor.org/omnia.html

you will have all the correct files.

they are all the same.. .the directions are just outdated!

Guest bikercr

Solution for GPS problems after ROM flash:

Once you've got the upgraded ROM in there, forget about VZ Navigator (at least I couldn't get it to work). Google Maps and Live Search Mobile work fine. If you have a problem getting the GPS to work:

First, go to Settings-->Personal-->Phone-->Services-->GPS (change settings): Whatever setting, change to the other and click OK. Then, if it isn't on Location On, go back in and set it to that. Soft reset after you're done with settings.

Google Maps should work either on Managed by Windows, or manually to COM 8, baud 57600. Leave it in an open sky location to get your first lock.

Live Search will only work if you have the latest build: Version 2.5.2908.31943 (or newer). The prior version WILL NOT WORK. Set GPS to Intermediate Driver. Takes a short while to lock. Then you're in business!

Guest veja74
Follow iDoctor's steps, verbatim. Did you click on the ".img" button to locate the img file? Mine did not have the button that said "eboot+pda+phone...." as it does in the .pdf file screen cap.

Then click "DECTECT"

Then attach the omnia, and turn it on. (Did you turn it on?) I know it sounds dumb, but I thought I would throw it out there...

Yep, did all that, followed the directions exactly as spelled out. The img file is where it belongs, my screen looks exactly like the screen cap in the instructions. Thought I was on to something when it at least gave me a detect error if in "mass storage" mode.

Guest redhottennis

I have windows vista and I am trying to flash my phone and it doesn't detect. I am following the pdf exactly just so that I don't mess my phone up.

Any help? ideas? thanks for even looking at my post.

Guest ShadyJ
no... i was trying to put it in bootloader mode... i was hoping that the phone would be able to recognize those types of button presses... if it cant put it in bootloader mode, then its pretty much dead.

the iphone has boot loader mode also... holding the power and main button for 10 seconds.... the omnia has to have something like that... all devices do, just in cases like this.

Bootloader mode for the Omnia is started automatically when powered on. When you see the Omnia logo, you're in it.

Guest anthrax79

Where the heck is the new "Dialer Touch Lock Settings" dialog located? I think I have touched every option, but I must be missing it.

Guest Adrynalyne
Where the heck is the new "Dialer Touch Lock Settings" dialog located? I think I have touched every option, but I must be missing it.

Settings>Personal>Phone>Services.

Guest redhottennis

usbDev open Faile

PDA Device not found. I get this message after attaching my phone and turning it on. If someone can figure it out, it would be helpful. Thank you.

Guest theidoctor.org
usbDev open Faile

PDA Device not found. I get this message after attaching my phone and turning it on. If someone can figure it out, it would be helpful. Thank you.

make sure samsung is able to connect with your computer before you begin the process.... if you can find saumsung's device connected, then it should work and you may be missing a step....

read it carefully!