The best GPS navigator for Omnia i910

Guest theidoctor.org

Guest NewKlNGjames
Sorry if this is a stupid question. But where is the post that has the link to the GPS unlock ROM and the user guide to install it thanks!!!

Here

Guest theidoctor.org
There is no such ROM and user guide. This is all one practical joke. It was hard to pull off, some of us spent a lot of time creating a 90+ page thread about unlocking the GPS.

lol... yea and my garmin navigator wasnt really telling me where to go. Although, it did try to reroute me about 10 times on my regular route to work. Somehow, i still believe my way is faster.

Guest acoustics86
There is no such ROM and user guide. This is all one practical joke. It was hard to pull off, some of us spent a lot of time creating a 90+ page thread about unlocking the GPS.

Some of us are new here, so thanks for the nice welcome. Maybe we dont have the time to read 100 pages.

Instead of a thread, please help us unlock GPS, why not just start a new thread once it was figured out, to be more organized and making it easier for us newbies to find and unlock the gps easily.

Guest barnaby420
I've used iGo 8, Gamin Mobile XT and Tomtom on my i900, but I find CoPilot Live 7 to be the best of the lot.

Seems CoPilot Live atleast lets you use your own SD card if you want.

Can anyone confirm this is the case?

My biggest requirement for any GPS software is the ability to still use my own SD card. If I'm reading CoPilot support site right, you can recreate the SD card, and with being able to map my storage to my PC, I should be able to install everything to that, and save my SD card.

Guest NewKlNGjames
Some of us are new here, so thanks for the nice welcome. Maybe we dont have the time to read 100 pages.

Instead of a thread, please help us unlock GPS, why not just start a new thread once it was figured out, to be more organized and making it easier for us newbies to find and unlock the gps easily.

there was a new thread started here. you have to install a whole new rom

Guest necosino

Wow, that would be a genious idea! Oh wait. you mean this one??

lol, take some time to read around before you make yourself look silly :excl:

Guest smoothcrooner
Seems CoPilot Live atleast lets you use your own SD card if you want.

Can anyone confirm this is the case?

My biggest requirement for any GPS software is the ability to still use my own SD card. If I'm reading CoPilot support site right, you can recreate the SD card, and with being able to map my storage to my PC, I should be able to install everything to that, and save my SD card.

Yes, you can use your own microSD card. The CoPilot software I'm using came installed in a 1GB or is it 2GB microSD card, I can't remember now, but I copied it to my 8GB microSD card with no problems at all.

Guest acoustics86

"GPS still isn't working"

i had already looked at that thread. but then the first line reads "GPS still isn't working"

and then it says how you cant revert back to the original (which is what you would need to do if you have the warranty like i do and want to exchange)

and also how you can brick your phone. thats always nice. ive never had any problems over at xda with unlocking my tilt, but just for the sake of gps being possibly unlocked i think ill wait for a few weeks til verizon sends out the udpate unlocking gps.

Guest Turborepu

so far im happy with my igo8, i will try that for a week, then i will see about modding the program. Some on here have mentioned gettin mods or skins and I was wondering if maybe they can provide links pointing me in the right direction. Or maybe they can PM me the links too.. So far the program has been quite nice though.

Guest maxtcee

this might be a stupid question but does anybody know what version of igo 8 to download ive been trying all morning cant seem to find one or if you can post a link thanks so much

Guest ren74

Been using TomTom since I flashed, it works well enough for me. Locks on in about a minute, maybe two if indoors, speed, direction distance all seem accurate, plus I got it free from a friend so thats a major plus :excl:

Guest theidoctor.org
"GPS still isn't working"

i had already looked at that thread. but then the first line reads "GPS still isn't working"

and then it says how you cant revert back to the original (which is what you would need to do if you have the warranty like i do and want to exchange)

and also how you can brick your phone. thats always nice. ive never had any problems over at xda with unlocking my tilt, but just for the sake of gps being possibly unlocked i think ill wait for a few weeks til verizon sends out the udpate unlocking gps.

the actual unlocking process doesnt happen until the 50th thread and up.... this thread has been opened for the last 5 months of people trying to unlock it and we didnt get any information of firmware until 2 days ago, that is why all this talk of gps and new roms are popping up.

Guest AngusATAT

Are any of the decent turn-by-turn navigation programs free? I'd like to be able to use one until I can free up some money from my budget to buy one of the good ones. I do a lot of traveling all over the state for work, so it would be nice not having to print up directions from Mapquest every time I have to go out to the field.

Thanks.

Guest theidoctor.org
Are any of the decent turn-by-turn navigation programs free? I'd like to be able to use one until I can free up some money from my budget to buy one of the good ones. I do a lot of traveling all over the state for work, so it would be nice not having to print up directions from Mapquest every time I have to go out to the field.

Thanks.

i havent seen or heard of one yet.

You can try google maps, but its not turn by turn :excl:

Guest AngusATAT
i havent seen or heard of one yet. You can try google maps, but its not turn by turn :excl:

Oh well. Didn't think I could get so lucky, but I was hopeful.

Guest theidoctor.org
Oh well. Didn't think I could get so lucky, but I was hopeful.

yea... well, there is always the "other" way lol....

i'll let you know if i come across any

Guest somedude

theyre all free, but you gotta look in the right places 'cough cough bitorrent cough cough'

Edited by somedude

Guest theidoctor.org

anyone know how to install the igo 8?

i get an error code...

i get something like, failed to open file ui.igo8\120_200\loading bmp

Guest badfrog

Thanks.

MS live search has turn by turn directions and is free, though some people, myself included, have had problems with buggy searches in the past couple of releases.

Guest Aximtreo
Been using TomTom since I flashed, it works well enough for me. Locks on in about a minute, maybe two if indoors, speed, direction distance all seem accurate, plus I got it free from a friend so thats a major plus :excl:

Interesting that you are able to get TT to work. Can you tell me what Com and Baud rate you use and how you set them. I have TT7 and it's not finding the internal GPS system. Thanks

Guest krelvinaz
Google maps is probably the best at that and i think the microsoft live app comes with that, i havent tested it yet

Already was playing with both... was looking for a simple GPS tool to get gps data, simple compass etc...

Found a couple simple GPS tools that did that.

One of the coolest is one called Gwatch (Free). It has lots of timers and some GeoCaching capabilities.

Screens: http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=gwatch/screens

Guest ren74
Interesting that you are able to get TT to work. Can you tell me what Com and Baud rate you use and how you set them. I have TT7 and it's not finding the internal GPS system. Thanks

Com 8 57600, same as originally posted for google maps on original unlock gps thread.