New!!! Nav N Go iGO Amigo 8.4.3.115042 Prestigo

Guest nvally

Guest nvally

Hi! Today I've installed the new iGO Amigo and I want to share with you. I hope that the info's about the new iGo will be useful for you. Even thought the program isn't perfect, I still love it. I'm looking forward to new updates and better skins. Just, give it a try!

Requirements: Microsoft Windows Mobile, operating system 300 MHz processor, 64 MB memory, QVGA or VGA touch screen display, or PNA with 480x272 display (for now), but is working on Omnia 400x240 display (full landscape menu) with a proper data file.

Update!!!! Nav N Go iGO Amigo 8.4.3.115042 Prestigo

post-440962-1268691346_thumb.jpg

1. Do not use R1 content like maps, poi's, buildings. Some appear to be working, but better is to use R3 content. I use Nav N Go iGO 8 R3 series v8.3.2.79297 (March 2 2009) content or newer.

2. The application will recognize older iGO8 R3 voice packages as well. My advice is to use the default voice package from iGO Amigo.

3. If the software is unable to detect your GPS receiver or your receiver fails to acquire satellite fix, shut down Amigo, go to AMIGO/SAVE folder and edit the system.ini by directly entering your GPS receiver parameters.

example:

[gps]

port=3

baud=4800

source="nmea"

disable_advanced=0

4. You must put your phone in landscape mode, after you can start iGo. Here is data.gro file for Omnia 400x240 display (full landscape menu), also is working in portrait mode 240x320 (you must change the parameters in sys), but not in full display, the meniu will split the screen.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jinjnnmm5ym/branding.gro

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w4lntznjgt1/data.gro

UPDATE!!!! Works great landscape and portait. Enjoy!

Here is my Sys.txt file. You can use the old sys file, but must add some paramters.

or SYS.txt

Try to use DJ Amigo skin. Here is the last version http://www.mediafire.com/file/ktq3jkmmnj3/DJ.Amigo_v3.3.rar

You have to put in content - skin the 2 files and select DJ Amigo from menu themes. Restart Amigo. Done.

Enjoy!

Edited by nvally

Guest theidoctor.org
The download is down. thanks

i had igo amigo, but i quickly switched back to the later version of igo 8.3 I didnt like that it had no advanced menu... i couldnt even keep the backlight on and with my phone settings, it keep going dim... i did like the cars though... and since i was able to use the same maps as 8.3, i just switched back.

i love igo though!

Guest grijamor
done

Nvally, have your TTS voices in amigo a brake in the announcement sentences sometimes?. Mine stutters but very few (only every 5 sentences more or less). If so I would like to contrast your sys.txt with mine & see if there is a correction for this.

Thanks,

Grijamor

Edited by grijamor

iGo Amigo was primarily made for PNA, and not PDAs, so this is why it lacks the advanced functions that u have in the other versions of iGO. in PNA the backlight doesnt dim off. this is a patched version of iGO Amigo that u guys a using. maybe we have to wait a bit longer to get a PDA version.

Can someone please explain how to get it running on HTC Touch HD? I don't have data.gro file for HD. Please help.

I have the program running well on my HD using the data.gro above.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest buyukbang

I found some links in ppcwarez (I was'nt aware of this topic) and tried Amigo yesterday. But I didn't like it. It has some improvements but IGO 8.3 is better since Amigo misses some functions. The original Amigo skin is irritating and had problems with some branding.gro files that I created from branding.zip.

Guest Dado...

you use Amigo if better for you.... for me Amigo dont have almost half options what is needed... ok, many of them is can turn on or off with system or sys.txt files but this is stupid... also 80% of options in Amigo and addons is useless for me... Amigo is for low experienced user who want fancy addon for car....

Guest lastnikita

I like its new menu organisation better.

of course it's still missing a few things, but those will come quickly now.

I can run it in portrait fullscreen (I can provide the data file if needed) but it doesn't find my GPS, even with modified sys.txt :D

Will try now with yours directly...

I like its new menu organisation better.

of course it's still missing a few things, but those will come quickly now.

I can run it in portrait fullscreen (I can provide the data file if needed) but it doesn't find my GPS, even with modified sys.txt :lol:

Will try now with yours directly...

first time i installed igo, it didnt find the gps receiver at all, this happens sometimes for fresh installations, might even tell u gps receiver not present. now i have both iGo 8.3.xx and Garmin Mobile XT running and i get sat fixes in less than 15secs in both apps, indoors! (but next to the window :D )

what u can do is to use another 3rd party gps app and run it ( i used beeline gps trial version) ran it, it detected my gps and was getting a fix, then i ran igo at the same time and waited for it to get a fix as well, first time u get a fix on satellites, it will work faster the next time.

make sure gps is set on automatically managed, hardware com 9, program com3, baud 4800.

in igo, set the com port to 3 and baud u can set it to 38400 or 4800 if u want, doesnt really make a difference.

Guest lastnikita
5. Here is my Sys.txt file. You can use the old sys file, but must add some paramters.

Where should I put it ? At root ?

There's none in original amigo installation.

Btw, the first res parameter looks wrong, 420x400 should be 240x400 I guess....

..which makes think of a portrait display when you only provide a landscape data.gro ?

something's wrong here :D

Guest lastnikita
first time i installed igo, it didnt find the gps receiver at all, this happens sometimes for fresh installations, might even tell u gps receiver not present. now i have both iGo 8.3.xx

Sorry I meant amigo can't detect my GPS.

I have no problem using iGo 8.3.2 neither :D

Sorry I meant amigo can't detect my GPS.

I have no problem using iGo 8.3.2 neither :D

my bad, i probably misunderstood... but it might be worth a try,, i mean run another app that would launch the gps chipset and then run amigo. it might work the same way, amigo and igo are made from the same company, navngo. so i think that their software protocols are similar for finding the gps chipset.

Guest nvally
Where should I put it ? At root ?

There's none in original amigo installation.

Btw, the first res parameter looks wrong, 420x400 should be 240x400 I guess....

..which makes think of a portrait display when you only provide a landscape data.gro ?

something's wrong here :D

Sorry mate, it was my mistake. I was playing withe the settings trying portrait mod, but it doesn't look so nice. I corected sys file.