OmniaTMC Beta 2 (and unofficial Beta 3)

Guest BeamRider

Guest BeamRider

Funny that I'm not receiving any station with the charger, anyway you'll find useful infos on how to build a charger/antenna cable on the older thread called "TMC"

@ziggy55: if you (or sombody else) wants to donete for the project, you'll find the link in my signature.

Thanks to everybody for the support, comments, posts ... in any form it will get, it will help this project to go on!

Guest BeamRider
Another thing i have noticed is that when tmc is active, there is no audio. Can anything be done?

If you have the earphones adaptor connected the audio is going trough it so audio should be availabe on the earphones (that is another good reason to have a modified charger/antenna cable).

Edited by BeamRider

Guest illusion786

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I have tried using it with the earphones and no audio passes through it while the TMC/Radio is active.

I have the Audio adaptor but with that i cannot get an TMC signal.

Edited by illusion786

Guest bobobird
Could anyone tell me, please, if TMC service service exists in US? And if yes will this work here?

Thanks

There are some TMC services on a subscription basis but limited to provisioning through their own devices. So a generic iGo type solution isnt possible as far as I know.

You can try this site for more info

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=79

Edited by bobobird

Guest wkmmx500

Hi Beamrider,

Thanks for this. Simply fantastic!

Tested it in Germany and works great on iGo 8.3.2.79297 (20090302).

I'm running it on WM6.5 - 21501 from dddrko.

I just love my Omnia and this incredible community.

Donation will be on its way.

Gr.W

Guest KingKoresh

HI Beamrider,

Think the updated dll you emailed me yesterday evening did the trick! I was also having some problems with the GPS port not being found but changed that to port 5 and now works brilliantly! I am actually disappointed there were no traffic jams on the way to work this morning which I could avoid!

Also, I have a simple 3.5mm adaptor cable but it doesn'yt work for picking up stations - seems I have to use the Samsung headphones, so that new cable you are working on sounds like a very good idea.

Top job!

Guest jeffrey2000

Well everything works now with the newer version but it just works 1 session of Igo, after this I gotta reboot to make it work again, seems like it totally claims/reservates the TMC (driver) but doesn't release it from the memory again after, maybe gotta build-in a disconnect/release closure procedure on the driver (if it's not possible in the driver maybe a mortscript or something)?

Guest BeamRider
Well everything works now with the newer version but it just works 1 session of Igo, after this I gotta reboot to make it work again, seems like it totally claims/reservates the TMC (driver) but doesn't release it from the memory again after, maybe gotta build-in a disconnect/release closure procedure on the driver (if it's not possible in the driver maybe a mortscript or something)?

Yes it should be something similar except for the fact that the driver should always be loaded in memory.

Appears that iGO is not closing in the right way, something remains loaded and keeps the serial port opened. On the second iGO launch, the new instance tries to connect to the port but the driver is still locked by the previous one and reports a failure.

I need your logfile to crosscheck this issue so, please follow this steps:

• soft reset (just to clean all)
  • if you have \TMCSerialLog.log and \TMCDump.log files on your mobile, delete them
  • enable logging as described in my previous post (disable TMCSerial, enable log options, enable TMCSerial)
  • launch iGO and play for some seconds
  • close iGO
  • wait a 1 or 2 minutes
  • launch iGO again (here, in your case, you should not be able to use TMC)
  • close iGO
  • take the two log files and mail them to me so I can take a look to what is happening

Thank you for the effort, I'm just trying to discover if this is my fault or iGO's :excl:

Edited by BeamRider

Guest Alex-1
Sorry mate, this happened once to a friend of mine but I wasn't able to reproduce it on my device (my fault to haven't incuded into known bugs) :excl:

To fix this just manually set this segistry key:

"HKLM\Devices\BuiltIn\OmniaTMC\TMCProtocol" to 3

then decativate and reactivate TMCSerial using the tool.

The protocol box should read Royaltek also when greyed out.

Yeah.. its working now.. GPS port is probably used now and iGO couldn't find any satelites, but it can by managed I think.. Thanks for this driver!

Guest jeffrey2000
Yes it should be something similar except for the fact that the driver should always be loaded in memory.

Appears that iGO is not closing in the right way, something remains loaded and keeps the serial port opened. On the second iGO launch, the new instance tries to connect to the port but the driver is still locked by the previous one and reports a failure.

I need your logfile to crosscheck this issue so, please follow this steps:

• soft reset (just to clean all)
  • if you have \TMCSerialLog.log and \TMCDump.log files on your mobile, delete them
  • enable logging as described in my previous post (disable TMCSerial, enable log options, enable TMCSerial)
  • launch iGO and play for some seconds
  • close iGO
  • wait a 1 or 2 minutes
  • launch iGO again (here, in your case, you should not be able to use TMC)
  • close iGO
  • take the two log files and mail them to me so I can take a look to what is happening

Thank you for the effort, I'm just trying to discover if this is my fault or iGO's :excl:

k the files are on the way... After the 2nd time it's says "TMC hardware not found" and the TMC options are greyed out in Igo. After reopening the OmniaTMC program I get the grey bar which is like 10% but doesn't get any data from it, when I change the frequency again I get data but still doesn't work in Igo (until I reboot)...

update: Btw the "TMCSerialLog.log" file seems to keep increasing even when not using Igo dunno if that's supposed to be like this though... The file was getting about 1 mb already and still increasing pretty fast, so deactivated TMCSerial and disabled the log files and got the message: "GPS Port does not exists", rebooted, disabled the logfiles activated the TMCSerial and worked again (once) after a reboot. But when it works it does work good :excl: , sometimes even without connecting the headset so great app just little bug in the TMCdriver or shutdown procedure of Igo.

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest pekkala89

I wonder if it is possible to add an test tmc message to the program. You could test that tmc is working and sending information in igo etc.

Guest BeamRider
k the files are on the way... After the 2nd time it's says "TMC hardware not found" and the TMC options are greyed out in Igo. After reopening the OmniaTMC program I get the grey bar which is like 10% but doesn't get any data from it, when I change the frequency again I get data but still doesn't work in Igo.

update: Btw the "k the files are on the way... After the 2nd time it's says "TMC hardware not found" and the TMC options are greyed out in Igo. After reopening the OmniaTMC program I get the grey bar which is like 10% but doesn't get any data from it, when I change the frequency again I get data but still doesn't work in Igo." file seems to keep increasing even when not using Igo dunno if that's supposed to be like this though...

had to disable the TMC program service, the log file was getting about 1 mb already and still increasing pretty fast, gonna disable the logging again :excl:

Yes the TMCSerialLog increase is a symptom of the port still open, anyway the pattern shown on your log is typical of the 0.9.3.7 version. To be sure, look at \Windows\TMCSerial.dll for its version to be:

File version: 0.9.3.23

Product version: 0.9.3.8

You can also try to update it again, but just add a soft reset before to start the described procedure (a locked TMCSerial can cause problems). Also, before installing 0.9.3.8 check that both \Windows\TMCSerial.dll and \Windows\AdvFMRadio.dll are not present anymore and be sure to install to Device and not to Storage/SD.

Then try again with iGO and record a new log and send it to me so I can confirm you if the driver was updated.

Until you got 0.9.3.8 I can't be of much help because the previous version was flooding iGO with status messages (80621 appears to be less sensible to serial "flooding") and I think this was causing most of the problems.

Guest jeffrey2000
Yes the TMCSerialLog increase is a symptom of the port still open, anyway the pattern shown on your log is typical of the 0.9.3.7 version. To be sure, look at \Windows\TMCSerial.dll for its version to be:

Product version: 0.9.3.8

You can also try to update it again, but just add a soft reset before to start the described procedure (a locked TMCSerial can cause problems). Also, before installing 0.9.3.8 check that both \Windows\TMCSerial.dll and \Windows\AdvFMRadio.dll are not present anymore and be sure to install to Device and not to Storage/SD.

Then try again with iGO and record a new log and send it to me so I can confirm you if the driver was updated.

Until you got 0.9.3.8 I can't be of much help because the previous version was flooding iGO with status messages (80621 appears to be less sensible to serial "flooding") and I think this was causing most of the problems.

Just deactivated, and checked and I have TMC Serial driver:

Product Version: 0.9.3.8

So I guess it's the latest version as you just posted.

UPDATE: 15:11 21-4-2009:

-uninstalled

-rebooted (TMCSerial.dll and AdvFMRadio.dll files were gone)

-reinstalled

-activated the OmniaSerial -> rebooted

-Opened Igo again into TMC settings -> scanned for channels and got some TMC (GIFT) channels and received the traffic info right after.

-closed and reopend Igo and TMC settings are greyed out and TMC Hardware is not found again :excl:

16:17 21-4-2009: Just sent new logs...

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest BeamRider
Just deactivated, and checked and I have TMC Serial driver:

Product Version: 0.9.3.8

So I guess it's the latest version as you just posted.

UPDATE: 15:11 21-4-2009:

-uninstalled

-rebooted (TMCSerial.dll and AdvFMRadio.dll files were gone)

-reinstalled

-activated the OmniaSerial -> rebooted

-Opened Igo again into TMC settings -> scanned for channels and got some TMC (GIFT) channels and received the traffic info right after.

-closed and reopend Igo and TMC settings are greyed out and TMC Hardware is not found again :excl:

Ok folks from 3shirts logs (confirmed as 0.9.3.8) I noticed that the last session was never closed. If you take a look at TMCSerialLog.log you'll find these sections (time in ms):

173200 TMCSerial initialised in Royaltek mode

202543 Begin of session

241802 End of session (init and tune / rds and tmc data present)

249894 Begin of session

241802 End of session (init only)

255058 Begin of session

258433 End of session (no init or command issued)

259991 Begin of session

263090 End of session (init only)

265210 Begin of session

269402 End of session (init only)

270604 Begin of session

368429 End of session (init and tune / rds and tmc data present)

413041 Begin of session

473287 ... no init and no commands issued. TMCSerial keeps sending state notifications

something very bad happened to iGO after 368429 (I think you closed iGO here and reopened around 400000). It opened TMC port, but he was not initialising TMC nor reacting to state notification coming from me. Simply it stays there with the port opened.

I bet that is not me, but iGO sources for executables, data files and config files are so many that I can't be more accurate. Are you able to test with newer iGO builds?

EDIT: From jeffrey2000 logs (that are very similar) I also noticed that my internal buffer are saturating so it seems that the port is opened but nobody is reading from them ... A good reason for iGO not detecting TMC (in fact he is not reading from the port).

---------------

I found also that, in some conditions, with 80621 thare are some audio problems caused by FM chip initialisation (that configures some audio parameters ... :S) and causing sound playback to slow down. I'm trying a workaround, but the cause is inside Samsung part and I prefer to keep solutions on my own code.

Edited by BeamRider

Guest jeffrey2000

so can't the driver be loaded on demand? So when Igo starts the driver starts aswell and when you shut it down the driver does it aswell, this also saves your battery life and maybe solves this problem?

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest qwertztmc

Hi!

Works in Germany, I received TMC Data from a few stations in the in the configuration-tool and in Igo 8.3!

Great Job! Thank you very much!

Guest evil Homer 3k

Hi all...

I installed the first version yesterday before the new version came out (had just hard reset my phone and was reinstalling everything).

Got it all working but didn't get a chance to try it out on the road. After my buggering around with installing last night, I left the phone charging overnight, but today it depleted the battery by 60% with hardly any usage.

So can I assume that this driver is constantly active in the background monitoring TMC data even though IGO isn't in use? If so, is there a way to start and stop it when running IGO rather than manually?

If it means a constant battery drain, I'd rather go back to not having TMC access if you see what I mean.

Guest BeamRider
Hi all...

I installed the first version yesterday before the new version came out (had just hard reset my phone and was reinstalling everything).

Got it all working but didn't get a chance to try it out on the road. After my buggering around with installing last night, I left the phone charging overnight, but today it depleted the battery by 60% with hardly any usage.

So can I assume that this driver is constantly active in the background monitoring TMC data even though IGO isn't in use? If so, is there a way to start and stop it when running IGO rather than manually?

If it means a constant battery drain, I'd rather go back to not having TMC access if you see what I mean.

Hi the driver remains loaded but sleeping: on TMC port closing, the driver closes both GPS and TMC and stops its internal threads. GPS and tuner chip areactivated only when TMC port is opened or if something else is keeping the port opened (ie GPSGate). Battery draining is not acceptable and the driver has been developed with this in mind. So I can assure you that you'll end up using TMC without killing your battery (as a matter of fact I'm keepeng it running 7x24 and charging just like before).

Just for statistics, which iGO build are you using? Is somebody else experinecing battery drain?

EDIT: one thing I missed, do you still have the first version?

Edited by BeamRider

Guest BeamRider
so can't the driver be loaded on demand? So when Igo starts the driver starts aswell and when you shut it down the driver does it aswell, this also saves your battery life and maybe solves this problem?

Yes it is exactly what you are doing by Activating/Deactivating TMCSerial ... but this driver it has been designed for a minimal impact and must work without manual intervention. Other point against on demand loading is that if you can't Deactivate/Reactivate TMCSerial after iGO shutdown you would be unable to do it also with "on demand" method.

I'm building an high level test/stress application to test this situations. This application will: open TMC port, search TMC station and receive/decodes data (n times) then closes the TMC port and restarts the loop. It should provide a stability proof when in doubt.

AdvFMRadio must remain loaded because it is a kernel mode driver (just like original FMRadio).