Spb Mobile Shell 3 Tips, tricks, themes

Guest smilegod

Guest Lucas0511
myppc.ru-1240600311_screenspb07.png

This cab adds an extra button to the SPB Today to acess SPB Menu easier

3xButons.cab

Smilegod, nice patch, thank you. But would be better if we could edit qa_layouts.dat manually, since other hacks would be affected by the overwrite. Can you supply the elements please?

Guest Turborepu

the qa_layouts contains various xml files.. if you know how to edit that you can make the three button or 4 our how ever many you figure you can fit if you make the images. if you want to avoid making changes and without the ability to revert to the original files, just save your new "menubar" file as something like "menubarcustom" or menubar3 4 etc..(menubar2 is already used by spb)

The pro screen(lockscreen) and lifestyle screen(lockscreen2) use menubar.xml

the weather, time and carousel use menubar2.xml

the call log(calllog), favorite contacts(favcontacts), and spb contacts(spbcontacts) use menubarcontacts.xml

towards the top of the xml files for any of these pages(lockscreen, lockscreen2 etc etc) you will see

"<Layer Name="Menu" Dialog="MenuBar" />"..

Menubar refers to the menu it will use.. so say you made a new MenuBar files but called it "MenuBarcustom", you'd then have to go into the screens that you want to use this one on, and make it be " <Layer Name="Menu" Dialog="MenuBarcustom" />"

You'd do this for any of the screens you need this on..

if you go into the menubar.xml you will see this towards the top.

"- <Plugin Class="Spb.LSP.MenuBar" Name="Btn0" ID="1">

<String Name="Backgrd" Value="MenuBackgrd" />

<Int Name="GlobalIcon" Value="216" />

<String Name="Text" Value="Launcher" />

<String Name="Open" Value=":LAUNCHER" />

</Plugin>

- <Plugin Class="Spb.LSP.MenuBar" Name="Btn1" ID="2">

<Int Name="GlobalIcon" Value="217" />

<String Name="Text" Value="Contacts" />

<String Name="Open" Value=":FAVORITES" />"

there is more, but this refers to the two buttons, you can also see here that they have the "text" value which is the text you see on the menu.. this part of the file also defines the plugin, so say you wanted to add a third button like in the post above me, you'd have to copy the same layout of one of those buttons and change the values reflect what you need it to do..

"- <Plugin Class="Spb.LSP.MenuBar" Name="Btn2" ID="3">

<Int Name="GlobalIcon" Value="217" />

<String Name="Text" Value="SpbMenu" />

<String Name="Open" Value=":SPBMENU" />"

it is important to change the top line "name" value because when you edit the actual placement of the buttons, further down in this file, it refers to the "name". i changed the btn id to 3. i have no clue what that does... but it seems like the all have their own ids.. probably for some spb reason, maybe for changing values when the program language is changed. for this button i dont know what the icon value is, but if you look in the menubarcontacts.xml file they reference the icons differently. NOTE: plugins added on the bottom on the list will be ontop, so if you make layout changes with over lapping buttons, the one to the bottom will be place over the ones on the top of this list.. it seems to me anyway..

now that the plugin is defined, you can edit the actual layout(look) of the menu. if you scroll down you will find the layout names and what not.. and there you need to duplicate the btn0 or 2 and make it say whatever you named your new button.. I named it "btn2" in this example.. and make sure you do it in the proper 240x400 or in the case of the menubar file, 240x320. then 320x240 for landscape.

the button layout definitions will look like so..

"- <Plugin Name="Btn0">

<BoundRect X="0" Y="0" Width="120" Height="40" />

<Rect Name="SelRect" X="50" Y="0" Width="70" Height="40" />

<Rect Name="IconRect" X="50" Y="5" Width="70" Height="32" />

<Point Name="BkNormal" X="0" Y="0" />"

fiddle with the settings.. they seems pretty self explanatory if you know what you are doin..

this is where you have to do some math and figure out the x/y values for all that stuff to get the buttons to be placed where you need them .. hope this helps gettin you guys started..

Edited by Turborepu

Guest banderdragon

i asked in the other thread but i figured i would ask here as well. I am trying to find a setting or a tweak that will allow my phone to always be on the SPB shell home screen w/e i take the phone out of standby. V2 had it and i loved it. if i can't get it to work that may be the deal-breaker for me on V3

Guest Turborepu

ask spb, it seems to be a popular option that they left out, but they might be able to add it back in with one of their "power toys" those were all options i feel should have been left in..

Guest djdavid60

Hi Everyone,

For the astronomy fans out there, I made a bunch of Lifestyle page backgrounds (960x748). They are some of my favorite astronomical images. I shot the Saturn, Jupiter, and Moon images from my backyard observatory with my telescope. Here are a few screenshots....

sshot002.jpgsshot003.jpgsshot004.jpg

sshot007.jpgsshot009.jpgsshot008.jpg

Hope you enjoy....

AstroWall.zip

Guest Omega Ra
Hi Everyone,

For the astronomy fans out there, I made a bunch of Lifestyle page backgrounds (960x748). They are some of my favorite astronomical images. I shot the Saturn, Jupiter, and Moon images from my backyard observatory with my telescope. Here are a few screenshots....

sshot002.jpgsshot003.jpgsshot004.jpg

sshot007.jpgsshot009.jpgsshot008.jpg

Hope you enjoy....

AstroWall.zip

Nice! I especially like the helix nebula one!

Guest willyg44

Question about setting the alarm to open G-Alarm. I did what it said to in the first post, and it successfully opens G-Alarm when I click on the alarm bar. However, it only shows the upcoming alarm for the SPB alarm. I had set an alarm on the default program it opens before I installed G Alarm. It does not say the next upcoming G-Alarm alarm, it rather says the next regular alarm. I don't even know how to get to alarms now, especially since I'm on a cooked rom. HELP! What did I do wrong heh thanks.

Guest Turborepu
Thanks Turborepu, highly appreciate your TUT on how to add 3 buttons to menubar(s). Respect!

NP.. i know it will be helpful to some.

Guest new2city
i asked in the other thread but i figured i would ask here as well. I am trying to find a setting or a tweak that will allow my phone to always be on the SPB shell home screen w/e i take the phone out of standby. V2 had it and i loved it. if i can't get it to work that may be the deal-breaker for me on V3

What do you mean? Mine is always on Spb shell lifestyle home screen when my phone wakes up(after S2U2 of course) ?

Guest Turborepu

im pretty sure he means when you take the phone off of standby, the other version had a setting that would "show now screen whenever phone wakes up."

Guest Broda

There is a way to use the same desktop background in lifestyle in all other "screens" without installing skins?

Take a look in the attached picture

The original installation of SPB Mobile shell v3.0 in Green Theme Mode looks like this attached picture in green (The second picture attached)

I would like to do the same stuff like the other attached picture, but without need to install the skins

How to do this?

post-497062-1241048976_thumb.jpg

post-497062-1241048981_thumb.jpg

Edited by Broda

Guest eufouria
There is a away to use the same desktop background in lifestyle in all other "screens" without installing skins?

How to do this?

I've been trying to figure that out as well, there is a french site that has the instructions but the translation isn't good enough for me to start overwriting files.

Here's and XDA post on it,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=448

and here's the original site:

http://www.mobilecustom.fr/forum/index.php...5.html#msg25145

here's another post, too complicated for me,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=511

Edited by eufouria

Guest Broda
I've been trying to figure that out as well, there is a french site that has the instructions but the translation isn't good enough for me to start overwriting files.

Here's and XDA post on it,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=448

and here's the original site:

http://www.mobilecustom.fr/forum/index.php...5.html#msg25145

here's another post, too complicated for me,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=511

Thanks, but I can´t speack French

I think you must edit the files adding your BMP files and copy them to device

Have you tried?

Edited by Broda

Guest eufouria
Thanks, but I can´t speack French

I think you must edit the files adding your BMP files and copy them to device

Have you tried?

No I have not tried, I speak french but not well enough to trust myself when playing with program files, :D

Guest banderdragon

ya, what i want is to look at the new lifestyle screen every time my phone comes out of sleep.

Edited by banderdragon

Guest new2city
ya, what i want is to look at the new lifestyle screen every time my phone comes out of sleep.

but that's working fine because I am using S2U2 and I have my "unlock to home screen" option on..

Guest willyg44
Question about setting the alarm to open G-Alarm. I did what it said to in the first post, and it successfully opens G-Alarm when I click on the alarm bar. However, it only shows the upcoming alarm for the SPB alarm. I had set an alarm on the default program it opens before I installed G Alarm. It does not say the next upcoming G-Alarm alarm, it rather says the next regular alarm. I don't even know how to get to alarms now, especially since I'm on a cooked rom. HELP! What did I do wrong heh thanks.

Anyone got a fix for this? It's my only gripe so far.

Guest dopeness
Here are some screenshots of my Omnia i910 with iPhone type theme in Spb MS3...

I want to do this exact same thing. I want to keep my picture on the the lifestyle page, but just change only the buttons. How did you accomplish this? Thanks in advance.