Spb Mobile Shell 3 Tips, tricks, themes

Guest smilegod

Guest holdz
Anybody know how to install the Titanium theme? There doesn't seem to be a .cab on xda.

Copy the files and paste them in the SPB mobile shell folder located in Program files.

Guest robpri

Could somebody please explain to me how to change the settings so that I can dial a number using mobile shell 3 . I am specifically referring to a number which is not in your phone book or contacts .

Guest o0joe0o
Could somebody please explain to me how to change the settings so that I can dial a number using mobile shell 3 . I am specifically referring to a number which is not in your phone book or contacts .

just press the call button and the dialer will pop out.

Guest LuigiSlowHand

is there any tutorial on how to create / modify, for example, an analog clock or digital clock?

i mean, i want to make my own clock, and my own weather icons, or diferent images for the email/sms widget

is that even possible?

thx!

Guest jovfer

How to get G-Alarm instead of default alarm? Working perfect

- Install VJBrisk

- Go in Program files/Vijay555/vjbrisk

- Inside this folder, there are VJBrisk.exe, make a copy of it.

- rename this copy into clock.exe

- replace this new clock.exe into window/

- Go in G-alarm folder

- create a shortcut of G-alarm.exe

- rename it in clocklnk (don't forget the lnk at the end. : clocklnk.lnk)

- Put this shortcut into /windows/

This could work for other applications ! List them : Klaxon OK;

If you need back your original clock.exe, it's HERE

This doesnt work for me, the vjbrisk program said it couldnt find clockEXE.exe or clockLNK.lnk. Where is the "window/" folder? or is it a just a windows folder?? what's the difference? im confused, please help.

Edited by jovfer

Guest new2city

This doesnt work for me, the vjbrisk program said it couldnt find clockEXE.exe or clockLNK.lnk. Where is the "window/" folder? or is it a just a windows folder?? what's the difference? im confused, please help.

it's just the root of the windows folder...

Guest jovfer
it's just the root of the windows folder...

ok, so can i just access that through file explorer, or should i go to PHM regedit?

Guest Northern-Loop
Get ThumbCal into SPB. Working for only some shortcuts.

Download the *.zip file below

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z6MYG9C0

The *.zip includes just two files:

-ThumbCalSPBShellReg.exe

-ThumbCalSPBShell.dll

Just copy the two files to the installed SPB Mobile map and execute the

ThumbCalSPBShellReg.exe file, that's it.

On the professional view when I click on my Calender I get a error saying can't find Thumbcal? I've done the above but dont have a Mobile Map folder so I put it in c:\program files\spb etc?

little Help needed? <_<

Guest Peew971
Has anyone tried this? I installed the cab and can see the Pro items in the list but can't have them on my Lifestyle screen. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I'd like to install the Pro digital clock <_<

Anyone? :)

Guest jenben
Anyone? <_<

Mate I tried this with pros and cons. I installed then went to lifestyle screen, press add widget and scrolled down to time where you can see the digital clock pro, added and it appeared on the lifestyle screen which was good but for one problem. Since I have the spb skin changer installed this comes with the third button (weather) next to the launcher and phone button. When I installed the pro clock this then changed the layout back to the normal spb shell skin with the two buttons.

Then for some reason my phone went haywire and had to do a hard reset so for now I am not going to worry about the pro clock as much as it would have been nice to have in the lifestyle screens.

Regards Brendan

Guest Peew971
Mate I tried this with pros and cons. I installed then went to lifestyle screen, press add widget and scrolled down to time where you can see the digital clock pro, added and it appeared on the lifestyle screen which was good but for one problem. Since I have the spb skin changer installed this comes with the third button (weather) next to the launcher and phone button. When I installed the pro clock this then changed the layout back to the normal spb shell skin with the two buttons.

Then for some reason my phone went haywire and had to do a hard reset so for now I am not going to worry about the pro clock as much as it would have been nice to have in the lifestyle screens.

Regards Brendan

Solved! I restored an old backup, installed the cab and did a soft reset... All fine now <_<

Guest Broda

How to backup your favority call list in SPB Mobile Shell ?

I have more than 50 people added to my Favorite call list, all contacts with pictures etc...

I need to HARD Reset my Omnia. How to save this list?

It´s sucks add one per one again after hard reset

Edited by Broda

Guest Peew971
How to backup your favority call list in SPB Mobile Shell ?

I have more than 50 people added to my Favorite call list, all contacts with pictures etc...

I need to HARD Reset my Omnia. How to save this list?

It´s sucks add one per one again after hard reset

Back up software... I don't know which one is best, I just opted for Spb Backup and it does the job.

Guest eufouria
Just wanted to add my tip to the list, I finally figured this one out a few days ago after some registry searching.It allows you to use the sms program from Resco Contact Manager.

If you want to use the Sms program from Resco Contact Manager as the default, here's the Key you need to change:

HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Shell>Rai>:MSINBOX

Change key labeled 1 to :RPhoneMan -sms

The problem with that is that Resco Contact Manager's SMS doesn't give the option to follow links sent through SMS.

What I've done is put a small icon of the Resco Contact Manager SMS over a large icon of the windows mobile shortcut, placed so that the notification iof the windows mobile icon shows under the Resco icon, that way I can choose to open SMS in either Resco or the windows messaging program if there is a link I need to open.

Guest cnadra

Hi All

Whenever I edit a contact with sbp mobile shell 3.0.1 and I add a detail and save the contact it switches the "File As " from First Last to Last first. Any suggestions why. All my contacts are files ad first - last.

When I edit the contact from the Omnia Programs Menu everything is normal and no switching of first and last names.

Any suggestions ????

Guest JustinJT

Ok being a newbie here - on the Nixi Tube Sock - I downloaded the large display and I have a folder with a bunch of Adobe Fireworks files - what file do I need to put them in and how do I get it to my screen? I have SP3 Thanks!

Guest MrSkinny

At the moment I have version 2. Is it recommended I do a hard reset before loading version 3?

The thing is I have a load of programs I don't fancy re-installing. Also, will my present version of SPB Watcher work with version 3 of Mobile Shell?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest vinbeaver

Can anyone help me with the weather in MS3? I have SPB Weather installed but, in MS3 it only will let me display 1 city's weather. Is there any fixes for that?

Edited by vinbeaver

• 3 weeks later...
Guest abs_rio
Wisbar Advance 3 with the Zifi QVGA skin. :) Not sure about 6.5 compatibility.

do you know where i can download the Zifi skin from. i've tried so many places but im getting dead links or corrupt files.