--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest kadramma
Thanks! I installed this cab. How do I activate it? I don't see it in Programs or Settings, but it does show up in Remove Programs.

Nothing to activate. When you run the cab, it makes an addition to the registry. That is all you need to do, it should be working. Run e-mail or IE, and when you are done, the phone symbol on the top line after a minute will revert from activity arrows to the antenna symbol, and broadband will stop.

Guest shady420x
There is a 1GPRSshutdown cab that disconnects the Verizon broadband operation. When I first got the phone, any needed broadband purpose, starts the EDVO. You can see this by starting the Wireless Manager, and observe Broadband Access on the phone line, versus the word Phone. It seems that once this operation is started, the broadband function stays connected, and if so, will take priority over any WiFi connection. I used to just turn off the phone, and then start the WiFi, after that the WiFi will be used first.

With the cab file, it added a registry entry, that will disconnect the EVDO after one minute of non activity. When you see the standard phone antenna symbol in the today screen top line, then establish your WiFi access, and it will override the EVDO, while you are connected. This also saved a ton of battery life, since the EVDO, once used, does not disconnect willingly. and will take the battery down, because is constantly on, once established. I have the unlimited data plan, but people with limited data would blow through the MB limit. Hope this helps

How does this effect incoming email? I have my email preferences (hotmail) set to "as items arrive" so would this cab interfere with this at all considering that EVDO disconnects after 1 minute?

Thanks

Guest bga7x
728 is definitely more stable than 725, which I felt was a step back from 21234.

Couldnt say on 731. I have cooked it, but havent released it yet. Still running tests.

You'll see it crop up here on the forum soon, once I get the SYS and XIP to the chefs.

Cooking now! you will see a nice little tweak in my Rom its Hush Hush though lol

Guest pballa2099

how do i change the lockscreen wallpaper? sorry if its been asked already. also i downloaded the M2D version and the maps tab doesn't work.

Guest kadramma
How does this effect incoming email? I have my email preferences (hotmail) set to "as items arrive" so would this cab interfere with this at all considering that EVDO disconnects after 1 minute?

Thanks

Reading prior posts, on other sites, it shuts down the EVDO after one minute of inactivity! When needed it will turn on again. Verizon had the system staying on forever, after it was activated, not allowing Wifi to handle traffic. If you have Wifi off, the EVDO will come on as needed, but now turn off, when done. Your mail should activate the EVDO when sending or receiving. The problem was that because EVDO did not shut down, when done, it would not allow Wifi, (since the first one on base, stayed in play). You can turn on your Wifi, but it sat and did nothing waiting its turn.

Guest techmaster7545
728 is definitely more stable than 725, which I felt was a step back from 21234.

Couldnt say on 731. I have cooked it, but havent released it yet. Still running tests.

You'll see it crop up here on the forum soon, once I get the SYS and XIP to the chefs.

whats new on 731 anything worth flashing to ?

Guest shady420x
Reading prior posts, on other sites, it shuts down the EVDO after one minute of inactivity! When needed it will turn on again. Verizon had the system staying on forever, after it was activated, not allowing Wifi to handle traffic. If you have Wifi off, the EVDO will come on as needed, but now turn off, when done. Your mail should activate the EVDO when sending or receiving. The problem was that because EVDO did not shut down, when done, it would not allow Wifi, (since the first one on base, stayed in play). You can turn on your Wifi, but it sat and did nothing waiting its turn.

Kadramma thanks for the reply, that makes alot of sense. I think im gonna have to give it a try now.

In case i want to revert to the original setting, what registry value does this cab edit?

Guest kadramma
Kadramma thanks for the reply, that makes alot of sense. I think im gonna have to give it a try now.

In case i want to revert to the original setting, what registry value does this cab edit?

Registry changes are as follows: If you have a problem you can revert back with a registry editor

HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings

New parameter added under SuspendResume (value) GPRS_bye_if_device_off

CacheTime (value) 60

Guest shady420x
Registry changes are as follows: If you have a problem you can revert back with a registry editor

CacheTime (value) 60

Thanks again!

Guest Scott6

when playing with WMP music skips when its locked? Anyelese haveing the problem.

It dosnt matter if the music is on the SD or the internal 8gb.

Guest blazingwolf
so it has the digital batt meter and highlighted honeycomb startmenu

Sure, if you add those items in to make it look like that. Those pics are not standard out of the box.

Guest techmaster7545
Sure, if you add those items in to make it look like that. Those pics are not standard out of the box.

do you have the info on were to get the stuff and do u have 21806 rom out

Guest blazingwolf
do you have the info on were to get the stuff and do u have 21806 rom out

I'm uploading one now. I have no idea where to get a digital batter meter from though it is a great idea.

Guest techmaster7545
I'm uploading one now. I have no idea where to get a digital batter meter from though it is a great idea.

see my post 2263 in the pic it looks sweet batt meter

Guest flnfrmn

CacheTime (value) 60

What do you mean by (value)?

Guest Apo11on
I agree. I just have to find it or make one. <_<

speaking of the battery indicator - I tried the hacked battery driver from Adrynalyne's page: http://www.samsung-omnia.org/adrynalyne%27...40030/#msg40030 (at the end of first post) which is supposed to show battery status in 1% increments and

it completely screwed up my battery status indicator display - the tray icon, and the actual indicator inside Power properties...

So, does anyone have a working driver, which can show battery status in 1% increments and show it correctly!! , instead of the lame default 20% increments?

It's pretty annoying when your battery indicator icon shows 40%, inside the Power menu the actual battery status shows 20% and phone is powering off at that point, because the 20% isn't really 20% - its more like 7% or something like that - 20% is just the smallest increment...

SPB MS3 for example, has pretty nice looking battery indicator on the Lifestyle layout, and I'm pretty sure I've seen screenshot where it displays battery status in 1% increments, but unfortunately on our Omnias it connects to the same battery driver Power menu uses, so it's still displaying only 20%,40%,..,100% increments

Edited by Apo11on

Guest Adrynalyne
speaking of the battery indicator - I tried the hacked battery driver from Adrynalyne's page: http://www.samsung-omnia.org/adrynalyne%27...40030/#msg40030 (at the end of first post) which is supposed to show battery status in 1% increments and

it completely screwed up my battery status indicator display - the tray icon, and the actual indicator inside Power properties...

So, does anyone have a working driver, which can show battery status in 1% increments and show it correctly!! , instead of the lame default 20% increments?

It's pretty annoying when your battery indicator icon shows 40%, inside the Power menu the actual battery status shows 20% and phone is powering off at that point, because the 20% isn't really 20% - its more like 7% or something like that - 20% is just the smallest increment...

SPB MS3 for example, has pretty nice looking battery indicator on the Lifestyle layout, and I'm pretty sure I've seen screenshot where it displays battery status in 1% increments, but unfortunately on our Omnias it connects to the same battery driver Power menu uses, so it's still displaying only 20%,40%,..,100% increments

Not sure what the problem you had was. That cab has worked for me and others. Its kabkab's driver.

Guest Apo11on
That cab worked fine for me. I dont know why you would say it was Adyn's Driver when the topic is pinned in the omnia forum from kabkab!

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...for-omnia-here/

i'm afraid you're confused...if you look at my post you'll see I never said it was Adrynalyne's driver, I said I downloaded it from his site...Anyway, this is not about whose driver it is, nobody cares about that - the point is it didn't work for me, when i tried it.

I installed it when running WoZZeR's v5 Lite, and while I was installing it the whole time my Omnia was plugged in and charging. When I finished installing it and soft reset - the tray icon was showing empty battery with exclamation point, and in the Power settings the battery status was showing as "Charging" with no % given, even though I've unplugged it from the power cord. Couple more resets didnt help, so I uninstalled the cab and everything went back to normal 20% increments