--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999
Just went from v.3 -> v.5 last night, and things look ok so far. One thing I wanted to report that I noticed with v.3 and this version: it seems like even when you have the default (Samsung) dialer enabled, when receiving calls it's still showing the default "black" incall screen, not the Samsung screen. It appears this happens when the call comes in when the device is locked (using the new "Ignore" , "Answer" sliders). I just tested this out and was able to re-create it.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? If so, I'll log a bug in the tracker.

Thanks again WoZZer for all your work, it's like getting a new phone each week with these new ROMs!!!

When it is locked, and you get a call, it's actually part of the lockscreen, not the dialer that shows up.

Guest shady420x

Ok, i love the new .05 version but im having an issue and i dont know if this is software related or possibly hardware...

Ive been having trouble with screen alignment to the point that when i go to click say "contacts" at the bottem left, it will respond to something thats 1/2 inch higher on the screen. Ive done soft resets, re-flashed, aligned the screen many times and i still get this issue.

It seems fine for a while after an alignment but always seems to not work when i need to. I stopped texting or even typing anything because of this.

So anyone else having this problem? Thanks guys.

Guest necosino
Ok, i love the new .05 version but im having an issue and i dont know if this is software related or possibly hardware...

Ive been having trouble with screen alignment to the point that when i go to click say "contacts" at the bottem left, it will respond to something thats 1/2 inch higher on the screen. Ive done soft resets, re-flashed, aligned the screen many times and i still get this issue.

It seems fine for a while after an alignment but always seems to not work when i need to. I stopped texting or even typing anything because of this.

That's really weird, and I doubt it's caused by the ROM. Most likely the hardware is starting to act up, because Wozzer's alignment in v5 is the same settings in previous versions (I believe), all written in the registry so that it doesn't have to be set or changed after a reset..

Guest techmaster7545

its pre done but if you want to check heres the info but wozzer doesnt do the Touch Sensitivity thing default so here it is

HKLM/HARDWARE/DEVICEMAP/TOUCH

CalibrationData: change to 519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

Increase Touch Sensitivity:

Click: change 1280 to 2000

DownUp: change 256 to 750

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest techmaster7545

Wozzer have u ever put this in by default its something i saw on Samsung Omnia.org

Increase Touch Sensitivity:

Click: change 1280 to 2000

DownUp: change 256 to 750

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest shady420x

Ok this may sound crazy but i think i found out whats causing my screen problems...

I ripped of my invisible shield (waiting for new digitizer) cuz it was old and pealing and in the mean time used a cheap one i bought on ebay. Soon as i removed the cheap one my screen seems more responsive and right on point. I dont know, hopefully that was the problem otherwise im callin verizon back to send out that new phone.

Guest Apo11on
Ok this may sound crazy but i think i found out whats causing my screen problems...

I ripped of my invisible shield (waiting for new digitizer) cuz it was old and pealing and in the mean time used a cheap one i bought on ebay. Soon as i removed the cheap one my screen seems more responsive and right on point. I dont know, hopefully that was the problem otherwise im callin verizon back to send out that new phone.

i stopped using zagg invisible shield a while ago - it was a pretty bad idea. Other than the fact, it's not easy to put on, it always leaves wrinkles and bubbles on the screen - it also severily affects screen calibration and touch sensitivity, like you just noticed. I'm thinking this product might do better job with capacitive screens like iphone, but not so good for resistive ones like our omnias...$25 down the drain

Guest aleis

re-calibrate the screen.

go to settings, screen (i think) and re-calibrate it as so:

place it on a flat hard surface, use a paper clip (unfold it) and very lightly but firmly, adjust the screen.

works everytime for me like a charm! <_<

and i have noooo scratches or punctures in my screen so...be like me! :)

Guest doitall76

Has anyone had any issue with getting the message "This copy of Windows Mobile expires within 30 days on 7/1/2009."?

Guest WoZZeR999
Has anyone had any issue with getting the message "This copy of Windows Mobile expires within 30 days on 7/1/2009."?

I have not gotten that. What version are you running?

Guest doitall76
I have not gotten that. What version are you running?

I am running the initial version of Wozzer's 6.5, build 21210.5.0.0

Guest dmcnado
is there a way to modify the soft keys on the home screen in Titanium?

To set the softkeys within wm6.5 the left one is universal and is set in HKLM\software\microsoft\chome. Change SK1TEXT and SK1URL to whatever you want. You can set the right softkey to be different for each panel.

Guest WoZZeR999
I am running the initial version of Wozzer's 6.5, build 21210.5.0.0

Update to V5. I thought the timebomb was supposed to be removed, but I guess it wasn't.

Guest jbrittmartin
To set the softkeys within wm6.5 the left one is universal and is set in HKLM\software\microsoft\chome. Change SK1TEXT and SK1URL to whatever you want. You can set the right softkey to be different for each panel.

how do you do this?

Guest TheDrizzle
Mine seems to be working fine . do you mean u get full screen default black

Well, I went into the "Advanced Config" and changed the "Phone Skin" setting to "Enabled". Then I get the white/tan Samsung dialer. If I call outbound I get that an in-call screen with those colors and that "auto-lock" feature. However, if a call comes inbound when my device is locked using the WinMo6.5 locking, I get the "black" in call screen with the red and green oval buttons and it is not until I end the call that I get the white/tan samsung screen.

I guess I'll just go back to the "default" dialer and be careful not to press the device against my face while I talk!

Guest levytv

following the doctors discussion. followed instructions. for the leaked rom. thought all was well. was able to sync and turnon gps. now umdl is still working very slowly and stuck in downloading Eboot.

what do i do now?

Guest WoZZeR999

I just hit the power button when I talk. That way I can press my face against the screen.

Levytv: you do not want to be stuck at the eboot screen. That's the danger zone. If eboot finished download, you are ok. Otherwise, just let it sit.

Guest levytv

its been sitting a long time.

Levytv: you do not want to be stuck at the eboot screen. That's the danger zone. If eboot finished download, you are ok. Otherwise, just let it sit.

Guest levytv

please pardon my noobie and stupidity - but active sync says its not connected. just wait?

Guest levytv

stuck at downloading eboot.

Guest MrSmoofy

The v5 Lite appears to have greatly improved performance and responsivness including the my quick battery drain issue since the install of the new version I've not had to charge and I'm still showing more then 80% full

Guest levytv

phone is frozen at the samsung omnia splash screen and there is a do not disconnect - entering download mode warning over the frozen splash screen. thanks for your aid.

Guest talkshowhost
why not use multi adapter that came with the omnia to charge ac and still sync at same time?

I suppose i could buy another adapter to do this, but i dont want to have to bring it back and forth every day. Whatever the problem is, i'm pretty sure it has to do with samsung only allowing approved chargers or something like that... just a gimmick to try and make us all buy an additional ac charger i guess.

Guest Apo11on
Woz, please verify Accelerometer with GAMES ONLY make sure it works under Lite version. i had a v.04 Lite ROM and installed a game PBA BOWLING Accelerometer was not detected to play that game just a Camera to throw ball. Then i flashed to v.05 Stock ROM and all good, Accelerometer was detected. here is link for that game so you can test it under Lite v.05

http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=60657

Thank you , you r the best

you will get your ass banned for that link, and rightfully so - modaco is a legit, warez free community