May 11th Samsung ROM

Guest necosino

Guest phantomguy1

seriously.... i dont care.... wozzer made the 6.1 and 6.5 rom work awesome then i put on the black theme..... its pretty much the full 6.5 os now. working gps and flash for youtube. then skyfire for all the other videos. I have three ways to get music and always from my memory card. games galore. i just customized it the way I wanted it so Im not messing anything up now.

Guest breadtrk

Let the little bitch keep his BS ROM. The cooks have already been using 6.5 and making things 10 times better than Verizon, Samsung, Microcrap have ever dreamed of.

(edit awarner MVP ) deep breath and relax......

now lets keep this place friendly please :D

Guest Adrynalyne
Let the little bitch keep his BS ROM. The cooks have already been using 6.5 and making things 10 times better than Verizon, Samsung, Microcrap have ever dreamed of.

WE NO LONGER NEED THIS LITTLE BITCH!!

:D :lol:

The maturity level in this thread got flushed down the toilet.

Guest breadtrk

The maturity level started in the pits.

"Not enough people kissing my ass, I'm not sharing".

But you sheeple just keep on feeding his ego.

Guest Otterdude
It's called CAPSLOCK. I was kind of on your side before this comment. Anyway thanks for the first release but if you're going to act like this I would rather you just keep the ROM to yourself. *edit (what was the third reason?)

LMAO!!!

Guest anarkie13
The maturity level started in the pits.

"Not enough people kissing my ass, I'm not sharing".

But you sheeple just keep on feeding his ego.

"Sheeple"...cute. Seriously, you sound like a pissed off little 15 year old. It's good you don't feel you need the "little bitch". Good for you. So if you don't need the "little bitch", then why come off as one? Have you ever heard of taking the high road? You don't need him, so you leave him alone and keep to yourself. Yet you feel the need to belittle people like you have anything above and beyond any single person here. Childish...just childish.

Guest breadtrk
"Sheeple"...cute. Seriously, you sound like a pissed off little 15 year old. It's good you don't feel you need the "little bitch". Good for you. So if you don't need the "little bitch", then why come off as one? Have you ever heard of taking the high road? You don't need him, so you leave him alone and keep to yourself. Yet you feel the need to belittle people like you have anything above and beyond any single person here. Childish...just childish.

You don't practice what you preach, do you?. Just as childish. tsk tsk. lol

Guest balaams_ass

1. I freely admit that I installed the CC20 ROM and enjoy it's benefits.

2. I will soon install Woz's 6.5 ROM and hopefully know it in the biblical sense.

4. I admit that while Verizon is the big bad corporate beast wanting every penny I have (in direct competition with the Obama Administration) the software mentioned above is still theirs and I have it in a less then honorable way.

You may now go back to your previously scheduled flame war.

Guest knotbeerdan

Honestly guys... Most the people here are right, we already have the leaked 6.5 rom. ( i don't care where or how) it is good enough. The ONLY reason i wan any other rom is to make my phone OFFICIAL again. If not oh well. I have a pretty good system worked out with the techs. I help them and they help me. (most of the time they don't know how to help since i of course have some odd issued in their eyes)

But the only benefit would be to make your phone officail with verizon software. You know that the leaked rom has soemething locked on it and if not then verizon will not release it. Honestly i have been trying to follow this as accurately as i can and it seems that when samsung finished the rom they were supposed to give it to verizon so they could make sure it conformed to all their standards. IF the GPS was unlocked they will most likely lock it again because of "security reasons". We all know this is B.S. but it is also what we have come to know as Verizon Wireless.

Keep your rom or release it, it really doesn't matter much at this point. most people already have what they want.

TO all that have helped make our roms what they are today from leaking or cooking i wish i could donate to all but i can say THANK YOU!!!

Guest anarkie13
You don't practice what you preach, do you?. Just as childish. tsk tsk. lol

And how do you figure that? I did not call you a single name. I denoted your words as childish as they were, and informed you of just how you come across...think what you will. I'm done with this argument.

Guest dercetojones
And how do you figure that? I did not call you a single name. I denoted your words as childish as they were, and informed you of just how you come across...think what you will. I'm done with this argument.

Hey, kids. Don't we have PMs for this? Just sayin'.

Guest lambi1982

hey, I don't want to say to much but given the fact he got any donations for sharing is a pity.

I love when communities like this one, share ideas and time to help one another but, after seeking more and more just to help starts to sound a bit greedy. Thanks for the leak, that's all that should be given back.

Did he donate money to cookers for their work?? I think not!! well maybe he did... I don't know :D

Guest knotbeerdan
Verizon isn't going to unlock the gps for a beta rom, just to lock it again later.

Thats just silly.

Thats one of the things we are/were (site is down) talkin about at samsung-omnia.org

Apparently samsung is the one coming up with the new roms. Then they distribute them to the carriers to modify them however need be. I am trying to find the post that i read somewhere saying from a verizon rep that they have no plans on unlocking the GPS on verizon windows mobile units because they cannot control the security side of it. What this means im not too sure. Then he was hit with the cookers saying the GPS is unlocked and nothing is happening.

I think they don't want to unlock the GPS because it enables users to use location based services (which apparently is a no no for verizon) and on top of that we could get our own free GPS software. Verizon is not a non-profit org. Everything they do is profit driven.

However i can tell you i think they are trying to secure whatever funds they can because there is/was a bill going through our govt. that is going to make all phone companies unlock their phones so any phone can be used on any network. In preperation of this Verizon is updating installing many new towers here in phoenix. I dont know when this bill is supposed to take effect but hopefully sometime next year.

I can only tell you what i have read/talked to Verizon reps about. If this is not true please inform me so i can stop posting B.S.

Also if it is not true i apologize for the post

Guest Adrynalyne
Thats one of the things we are/were (site is down) talkin about at samsung-omnia.org

Apparently samsung is the one coming up with the new roms. Then they distribute them to the carriers to modify them however need be. I am trying to find the post that i read somewhere saying from a verizon rep that they have no plans on unlocking the GPS on verizon windows mobile units because they cannot control the security side of it. What this means im not too sure. Then he was hit with the cookers saying the GPS is unlocked and nothing is happening.

I think they don't want to unlock the GPS because it enables users to use location based services (which apparently is a no no for verizon) and on top of that we could get our own free GPS software. Verizon is not a non-profit org. Everything they do is profit driven.

However i can tell you i think they are trying to secure whatever funds they can because there is/was a bill going through our govt. that is going to make all phone companies unlock their phones so any phone can be used on any network. In preperation of this Verizon is updating installing many new towers here in phoenix. I dont know when this bill is supposed to take effect but hopefully sometime next year.

I can only tell you what i have read/talked to Verizon reps about. If this is not true please inform me so i can stop posting B.S.

Also if it is not true i apologize for the post

Like I had mentioned in reply to that email from VZW--its a script. I've read it, verbatim, more than once over the years. Its not specific to any phone, just crap they throw out in reply to certain questions.

That said, you are right, Samsung does build the roms. However, CC20 has the carrier customizations and provisioning in place. That would not happen without Verizon's seal of approval.

Guest JDawg183

Ok, so here is the deal, this entire thread is BS! Yes we are all appreciative that he leaked the original, yes we wish he would release the newest one. But you know what, this thread has turned into nothing but a flipping flame war. "tegras great!" "Tegra can suck the lower most part of my nut!" etc. Moderators, please just lock this thread and put it out of its misery. The point of this site is to actually discuss solutions to issues, and develop new things, not to piss and moan about the users. Please lock this thread and put it out of its misery. It should have never been started. Tegra is not going to release the new ROM (especially if people keep slamming him). DEAL WITH IT! Who knows, maybe if everyone just ignores him he will release it just so he can have another 15 minutes of fame.

Guest Bern612

Before i go off... First to all thanks.Tegra for leaking the rom. Wozzer and all the other chef combo's that helped and did there part. We have a good rom, the orig, and the cooked one's. The cooks have come a long way and damn did they cook good and fast. Without Tegra there wouldn't be any cooking. Like Mcdonalds with no patties, or special sauce. For that I say truley Thank You. Now for the rant. Tegra why did you even say anything to Necosin, and Necosin what was the purpose of saying what you did. I mean this topic started off well Tegra got props and so did the cooks, now its turning stupid. I mean it was like y'all started this topic to raise emotion orsomething, what who know, But this should end, Tegra give us the rom and we'll all be happy...just kidding. But anyway you do and did get respect well from me anyway. The way we treated u in the begining was rude and unfair. But doing this for whatever reason isn't any better. May the love of the omina and it's followers be with you...Damn i sound like a cult...LOL

Guest knotbeerdan
Yeah, I guess it's getting a little out of control. But, you gotta admit, the fricken gold statue was genius!!!

Yeah i was rollin around once that thing popped up. Nice photoshop job!!!