May 11th Samsung ROM

Guest necosino

Guest theidoctor.org
Nope, was a jerk through PMs and then became a ghost..

ah, well thats alright.

im sure, verizon will release it soon or another will get leaked eventually....

i cant believe that he's the only one that we have heard of with it.... where are all these other beta testers with the rom?!?!

Guest blazingwolf

Does it even matter anymore? We have 6.5 now and things are working well. It didn't sound as if the GPS was working better on that ROM anyways.

Guest NewKlNGjames

well for me, I bricked my first omnia trying to upgrade with the leaked rom. I would like to wait for with it's own installer so that I can rest a little surer that I won't brick my new one. once bit twice shy you know.

Guest fclifton
Does it even matter anymore? We have 6.5 now and things are working well. It didn't sound as if the GPS was working better on that ROM anyways.

I just got my Omnia i910, and I have been checking the threads for new ROMs, but it's kinda confusing trying to take it all in at once. I was thinking that since it sounds like an official ROM might be out soon, I would just wait for that. But if the GPS isn't going to be unlocked, I will want something else. What would be the 6.5 ROM to look at?

Guest tedkord
I just got my Omnia i910, and I have been checking the threads for new ROMs, but it's kinda confusing trying to take it all in at once. I was thinking that since it sounds like an official ROM might be out soon, I would just wait for that. But if the GPS isn't going to be unlocked, I will want something else. What would be the 6.5 ROM to look at?

These are release candidate ROMs from Samsung for Verizon's approval. The final one Verizon OK's will unkock the GPS to third party apps (unless VZW goes back on their word). But who knows how long that will be. With Verizon, it could be another 6-8 months.

I've only tried Wozzer's v.2 6.5 lite ROM. It has worked flawlessly - that is to say no more buggy than the original 6.1 that came with it. A few random lockups here and there. And over time, available ram will dwindle. Soft resets take care of both.

It really was easy and painless to flash, but just be aware that some small percentage of people will brick their phones, and it technically voids the warranty. You could end up being one of the unlucky few. Also, flashing the CC20 will erase all contacts, and personal info. Back it up!

Guest blazingwolf

There are 4 different chefs for 6.5 ROMs right now. Which one is right for you? I can't say because it is based on the personal decision of what you need or want in a ROM. There is mine, WoZZeRs and bga7s that can be found in this forum. Then there is Adrynalynes that can be found in the Omnia forums of PPCGeeks.

Guest fclifton
These are release candidate ROMs from Samsung for Verizon's approval. The final one Verizon OK's will unkock the GPS to third party apps (unless VZW goes back on their word). But who knows how long that will be. With Verizon, it could be another 6-8 months.

I've only tried Wozzer's v.2 6.5 lite ROM. It has worked flawlessly - that is to say no more buggy than the original 6.1 that came with it. A few random lockups here and there. And over time, available ram will dwindle. Soft resets take care of both.

It really was easy and painless to flash, but just be aware that some small percentage of people will brick their phones, and it technically voids the warranty. You could end up being one of the unlucky few. Also, flashing the CC20 will erase all contacts, and personal info. Back it up!

Thanks for the info <_< I understand about the flashing. I have done it on other phones, no bricks :)

Guest fclifton
There are 4 different chefs for 6.5 ROMs right now. Which one is right for you? I can't say because it is based on the personal decision of what you need or want in a ROM. There is mine, WoZZeRs and bga7s that can be found in this forum. Then there is Adrynalynes that can be found in the Omnia forums of PPCGeeks.

Thanks for listing the chefs, that helps! Do you have a version that is pretty minimalistic, a lot of the VZW junk out, but not too much put in? I have some favorite apps, so more free space is better for me.

Guest Adrynalyne
Thanks for listing the chefs, that helps! Do you have a version that is pretty minimalistic, a lot of the VZW junk out, but not too much put in? I have some favorite apps, so more free space is better for me.

Not trying to steal Blazingwolf's glory <_<

My base rom might be best suited for you.

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/adrynalyne%27...-(build-21725)/

Second link/ Im running close to 140mb free, and there is very little added. Most of what is added is performance,touchscreen and battery tweaks. Latest build with my most recent fixes, Samsung dialer, phonebook, and call log, and calculator are the only remainign Samsung apps, and Verizon is not be seen....pretty much anywhere :)

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest bga7x
Not trying to steal Blazingwolf's glory <_<

My base rom might be best suited for you.

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/adrynalyne%27...-(build-21725)/

Second link/ Im running close to 140mb free, and there is very little added. Most of what is added is performance,touchscreen and battery tweaks. Latest build with my most recent fixes, Samsung dialer, phonebook, and call log, and calculator are the only remainign Samsung apps, and Verizon is not be seen....pretty much anywhere :)

And Love!

Verizon is not be seen....pretty much anywhere

hehehe hehe B)