1% driver for omnia here

Guest kabkab

Guest blazingwolf
hi is it possible to go back to the old battery driver without flashing an old rom?

Is the old battery driver in your ROM or only the new one? If the old one is in your ROM then you should be able to rename the new dll do a soft reset and the old dll should be used now. You can then delete the dll you changed the name on.

Guest CPTBeaker
I've been running the 1024 - 1% driver for several hours and have not noticed any ill effects. After installing the driver and restarting, I've been holding steady at 97% (idle, with no use) for about 5 hours.

I tried the 256 - 1% version yesterday but experienced backlight/screen issues (would not auto turn off. If the screen was turned off manually, it would turn back on automatically after a short time period).

- Omnia i910 (Verizon), stock ROM

Going on close to 24 hours now with the 1024 - 1% driver and I see no negative effects and no increased battery usage.

Guest fclifton

Sorry to be the negative voice :D I have tried both the 256 - 5% and the 1024 - 1% drivers, and with both I had backlight problems (would not stay off on battery). It is probably something I have running, but it does not happen with the stock driver. I am running the stock ROM.

Guest blazingwolf
Sorry to be the negative voice :D I have tried both the 256 - 5% and the 1024 - 1% drivers, and with both I had backlight problems (would not stay off on battery). It is probably something I have running, but it does not happen with the stock driver. I am running the stock ROM.

I have cooked the 1024 driver in to the ROM I am using and don't experience this. (No, it isn't available yet as I am still doing testing)

Guest kabkab
Sorry to be the negative voice :D I have tried both the 256 - 5% and the 1024 - 1% drivers, and with both I had backlight problems (would not stay off on battery).

sorry, as i said before, i did not have i910 and cannot even test driver to see wassup.

ps. most funny, that driver did not have inside ANY code for turn backlight ON. it have code for turn backlight OFF in case of 10% of charge left.

Guest Omega Ra

how is the i910 working with it not being cooked in? thinking of using the 5% one or even the 1% if it seems to be okay without the battery drain

Guest fclifton
sorry, as i said before, i did not have i910 and cannot even test driver to see wassup.

ps. most funny, that driver did not have inside ANY code for turn backlight ON. it have code for turn backlight OFF in case of 10% of charge left.

it is probably some interaction with some app I have running, such that the app turns on the backlight. I might play around with disabling some Today plugins to see what happens.

Guest Lisbian08

I am using the 5% and actually like it better than the 1%. It doesn't "jump" around as much, and doesn't seem to drain the battery.

Guest flnfrmn
Ok, here new test version for i910

256_5 - 256 values used for sum, decrement goes in 5%.

1024_1 - 1024 values used for sum, decrement goes in 1%.

check against power drain!

THIS IS i910 DRIVERS

zylonite_new.zip

Please, post feedback here - should i need to move this files to #1 post for everyone or delete this files, if they did not have any positive effect.

Where do I copy the .dll file in my phone? Reading the first post from this thread it just says to copy it but not specifically where.

Guest Lisbian08
Where do I copy the .dll file in my phone? Reading the first post from this thread it just says to copy it but not specifically where.

Copy into the windows folder on my device. Overwrite the current version.

Guest flnfrmn

Please forgive me but I am totally new at this stuff and am having problems making this work. How do I overwrite the .dll file in the windows folder? I have downloaded and run the certs file and downloaded the latest .dll file for 1% increments found on page 5 of this forum. I would love to make this work if someone could please help me out! Thanks in advance.

Guest Eschelon
Please forgive me but I am totally new at this stuff and am having problems making this work. How do I overwrite the .dll file in the windows folder? I have downloaded and run the certs file and downloaded the latest .dll file for 1% increments found on page 5 of this forum. I would love to make this work if someone could please help me out! Thanks in advance.

You need a file explorer that is capable of overwriting ROM files. The file explorer that is built into Windows Mobile is not able to do this.

To overwrite a ROM file I recommend Resco Explorer. It even comes with a free trial. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lisbian08

Kab Kab,

What program were you using to patch the Battery driver? I was going to look at changing the values around on my i910 and seeing if the performance got any better. Thanks by the way for all the work you have put into this project.

I'm running a stock i910 ROM and I'm getting battery drain from all the alternate drivers posted here. I've reverted back to the default driver in the meantime. Since Windows mobile 6.5 has an updated driver to show decrements of 5%, can we used that one or is that where these were pulled from to start with?

Guest Lisbian08
I'm running a stock i910 ROM and I'm getting battery drain from all the alternate drivers posted here. I've reverted back to the default driver in the meantime. Since Windows mobile 6.5 has an updated driver to show decrements of 5%, can we used that one or is that where these were pulled from to start with?

I will double check, but I think the i910 stock 6.5 driver is 20% increments as well.

Guest blazingwolf

There is no specific WM6.5 battery driver. The driver came from the OEM file of 6.1 which reads 20% increments. Samsung modified Easy Settings to read in 5% increments but it does not always read correctly.

So you will have to use that or one of the modified ones that Kabkab made.

Guest scubamike

Just flashed my I910 to the CC20 ROM and installed the 1024 .dll and the backlight, after using it yesterday, charging it all night and using it all day today, has behaved correctly. Sorry if others have mentioned this. Before the flash my backlight wouldn't stay off when on battery power.

Guest kabkab
What program were you using to patch the Battery driver?

well, this is not secret. :-)

you need IDA Pro (disassembler) - to disassemble and understand driver. more info here: http://www.hex-rays.com/idapro/

also you need HEX editor and patcher. i prefer HIEW, which support (from 8.0 version) ARM. more info here: http://www.hiew.ru/

before using this tools, be ready to learn ARM-assembler opcodes and programming basics.

also, did not forget to sign driver with Microsoft Priviledged Developer certificates.

Guest Lisbian08
well, this is not secret. :-)

you need IDA Pro (disassembler) - to disassemble and understand driver. more info here: http://www.hex-rays.com/idapro/

also you need HEX editor and patcher. i prefer HIEW, which support (from 8.0 version) ARM. more info here: http://www.hiew.ru/

before using this tools, be ready to learn ARM-assembler opcodes and programming basics.

also, did not forget to sign driver with Microsoft Priviledged Developer certificates.

Thank you for the information. I appreciate the effort you have put into this project. I still think the driver is creating a power drain on the i910, not from anything you have done, but due to how the i910 works. I think you went in the right direction, but I know it is hard to do things on a phone you do not have access to.

Guest dwallersv

Kabkab -- any chance you'd be willing to hack up a simple little app to display battery voltage? Any app for WM6 out there that I've tried doesn't work on the Omnia.

Even better if it also displayed temperature.

Ideal would be a menubar icon displaying the voltage.

Anyway, I figgerd this would be a trivial project, since you already know how to get at the voltage from the driver project. Slapping a simple interface on it is mousenuts.

What do you think?

Guest joža

actually you can check battery status by entering this in keypad: *#0228# so someone just needs to export data to more convinient place ;)

Guest dwallersv
actually you can check battery status by entering this in keypad: *#0228# so someone just needs to export data to more convinient place ;)

Not on the i910.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest esian
Can someone provide orginal zylonite_battery.dll please.!?.. ;)

Hi chivi, i need the original driver too, do you find it? thanks you.

Edited by esian