Pls Help>>DXID1(Custom) to DZIA5(Original) ROM

Guest vinzSG

Guest vinzSG

Iam on a custom rom now,but wanted to bring it back to the last official rom from samsung DZIA5,but cannot push tru,Ive tried everything thats been said here in Modaco and even the other XDA site,but still with no avail,still getting the error message

heres what ive been doing so far....

(I WANT DZIA5)

Current Rom:

Pda : i900DXID1/DXID1

Phone: i900DXID1

Reg edit it to:

Pda : i900DXID1/DZHK3?orDZIA1?orDZHG4?orDZHJ1>>>tried this 4 so far....but no avail!

Hex Edit(unrar first the Downloaded i900DZIA5_updater_xp);Hex edited Updater.exe

.....i900DX into ......i900XX, right?....then save it

active sync,samsung modem driver(which i installed already ages ago)...then the hex edited updater....

then VOILA!....still....."i have the latest firmware already" error!!???

been doing this thing the whole day

PC Specs:

Win XP Pro SP2 32bit

Omnia Specs:

8gb Omnia

I am about to give up......ANYONE???

thanks a lot

cheers

Guest vinzSG
Download the original DXIA5 ROM from Here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...is-165-mb-only/

then just click the exe file as in any other flash and it should work... i know it's DX not DZ but hope that doesn't matter...

......I was hoping to flash it with an Original Samsung ROM which is the latest from them DZIA5,my Omnia is originally from Singapore,dunno when I updated the custom rom/wm6.5,it says DXID1 which if iam not mistaken is for Philippine ROM,hence the X on the name right?,so dunno if my handset is set already to receive philippine rom or still the singapore rom.....HOW TO CHECK???as well.....

the point iam making is that i dont want anymore custom roms,and want to revert back to samsungs official roms.....is it still possible.....or straight to service center for this type of case???

thanks ya all

Guest mh21ttn

First of all:

Press the 'dial' *** to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer

With the onscreen ***pad input *#1546792*#

Select 'Preconfiguration'

Enter code *#81230*# and select OK

Select 'Singapore', with the default Operator

Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET

When the device is restarted and asked you to select an operator , Select one of the Singapore operator not your.

Then:

regedit.Mrln_ARM.CAB

Install to your phone and run it.

Find HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion and change from DXID1 to DZHJ3, then restart the phone, open regedit and verify if it change it.

Then: 

Editor.xvi32.rar

Download this

Unrar, open XVI32............File......Open......(open the rom that you wont DZIA5 for XP)......then Search.....Find.....bif the "text string", and write i900DX..... OK..........go to down of page......click the last rownd..... then SHIFT+F3..... then  an other time SHIFT+F3 (here is the word that you have to change, is the second "i900DX" from down to Up that you have to change). If it dont work, change and the 3d word from down to up, and if this work you have to reflash an othe time changing in regedit from DZIA5 to DZHJ3. I doit this to salt of an italian rom to singapores rom, for me is dont worked changing the second word that i triet in hexedit, then i change the second word and the 3d word and is worked, but i havet: i900DXIA5 and the PHONE: XIIA5 (that is meen italian phone) and i reflashed my phone an other time to the same rom (not changed with xexedit) normaly and voila.

All this you have to do with XP mashine. with vista not working, i have to go to my shef to update the phone because i have w7 <_<

Good luck!

Guest tibor22

vinzSG,

There is a far more easier way!

The original DXIA5 is avaible in version without the Samsung promotion videos, voices and WITHOUT VERSION CHECK. But be sure, it's the original, it's not a cooked ROM! You can flash it without problem.

Here is the link:

Sorry, I've seen just now that Nicklashidegard suggested the same...

Edited by tibor22

Guest vinzSG
vinzSG,

There is a far more easier way!

The original DXIA5 is avaible in version without the Samsung promotion videos, voices and WITHOUT VERSION CHECK. But be sure, it's the original, it's not a cooked ROM! You can flash it without problem.

Here is the link:

Sorry, I've seen just now that Nicklashidegard suggested the same...

Thanks for all the replies guys.....the 165mb DXIA5(which is not DZIA5) u and the other 1 is linking to seems to be not working on my unit...its gives me cRc write fail or something from start,and that goes for some of the users as well complaining the error message too,anyways,i will try to work on mh21ttn's sugestion there,am interested to overcome the hardship of installing back a Samsung Official ROM DZIA5...nonetheless,coz it is really very frustrating that i cant(ITS JUST THE HEX EDITING that iam troubled very much).....(hope i dont brick my phone >-()but i will still try to do it though,thanks for all your suggestions.....

if anyone still have some easier ideas let me know....tyvm.

cheers

Edited by vinzSG

Guest vinzSG
First of all:

Press the 'dial' *** to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer

With the onscreen ***pad input *#1546792*#

Select 'Preconfiguration'

Enter code *#81230*# and select OK

Select 'Singapore', with the default Operator

Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET

When the device is restarted and asked you to select an operator , Select one of the Singapore operator not your.

Then:

regedit.Mrln_ARM.CAB

Install to your phone and run it.

Find HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion and change from DXID1 to DZHJ3, then restart the phone, open regedit and verify if it change it.

Then:

Editor.xvi32.rar

Download this

Unrar, open XVI32............File......Open......(open the rom that you wont DZIA5 for XP)......then Search.....Find.....bif the "text string", and write i900DX..... OK..........go to down of page......click the last rownd..... then SHIFT+F3..... then an other time SHIFT+F3 (here is the word that you have to change, is the second "i900DX" from down to Up that you have to change). If it dont work, change and the 3d word from down to up, and if this work you have to reflash an othe time changing in regedit from DZIA5 to DZHJ3. I doit this to salt of an italian rom to singapores rom, for me is dont worked changing the second word that i triet in hexedit, then i change the second word and the 3d word and is worked, but i havet: i900DXIA5 and the PHONE: XIIA5 (that is meen italian phone) and i reflashed my phone an other time to the same rom (not changed with xexedit) normaly and voila.

All this you have to do with XP mashine. with vista not working, i have to go to my shef to update the phone because i have w7 <_<

Good luck!

thanks dude for this means a lot....but I will Change the i900DX into i900XX....right???

thanks

Guest vinzSG

HERE IS THE COMPLETE STEPS IVE BEEN DOING SO FAR>>>>>

dear all,

I am having problem reverting back to Samsungs Official DZIA5 ROM from a custom rom of DXID1,it always says i already have the latest firmware thingy,i have done all the regedit/hex edit guides but still i am not getting it to work for quite some time now....

I bought my omnia originaly form singapore....hence i have an original rom before of DZHJ1,which i updated tru samsungs official roms up to DZIA5.....then recently i wanted to go for custom roms....i installed wm6.5 DXID1 from MODACO,(hence my pda/phone now reads:i900DXID1/DXID1),but dont like it after a while ,but thats just me ok....so i want to revert back....so i downloaded samsung official rom DZIA5 winxp updater,......went to regedit change the version DXID1 into(i tried many things)DZIA1,DZHK3,DZHH3,DZHJ1 and so on....but none of them works....then after reg edit....went to the DZIA5 updater and winrar it(extracted it)so i can see the UPDATER.exe,and used xvi32 to hex edit the updater,i found according to all the posts an i900DX without anyting coming after it,right second or 3rd from the last row of the page,right....just shift+F3 and there it is....says i900DX.....now this where its confusing i tried changing it to i900XX,coz i read somewhere,tried i900DZ,but all of them failed,still have the latest firmware error,so am STUCK!and going NUTS already on how to revert it back to its original state.....

so if anyone direct me where ive done wrong pls do so and help me finish this big hindrunce with my omnia.... <_<

thanks a lot and cheers to all

Omnia:8GB DZHJ1(Originally)

Updated it to:Sector WM6.5 21731 DXID1 Custom ROM

Trying to revert back to:DZIA5 Official

Edited by vinzSG

Guest mh21ttn

when you change in regedit, you dont need to change to i900XX, because is italian firmware. I sayt that is hapening with me, wen i have salt from an italian to singaporese.

If you have the error like: you software is the newest, then that is problem of regedit.

When you change in your phone with regedit, restart the phone and verify if is changed. If update say the same error, try to hardreset (not reset) your phone and try again with regedit.

First you have to resolve with error : you have the latest firmware already.

I explain the importans of changing with regedit in your phone:

When you run the update, this program verifing you phone, that meen: what country rom you have actualy, if it is newest or not, if the phone is charged bla bla, and if this steps is verified then the program update install the rom in your phone.

In your case the software says that you have the latest firmware, that meens the regedit not changed nothing.

Changing with regedit from DXID1 to DZHJ1, you trick the updater that you have in your phone rom of DZ and not DX, and that you have the older rom and not the newest.

Please, reed carefuly.

And sorry my bad english. <_<

Guest vinzSG
when you change in regedit, you dont need to change to i900XX, because is italian firmware. I sayt that is hapening with me, wen i have salt from an italian to singaporese.

If you have the error like: you software is the newest, then that is problem of regedit.

When you change in your phone with regedit, restart the phone and verify if is changed. If update say the same error, try to hardreset (not reset) your phone and try again with regedit.

First you have to resolve with error : you have the latest firmware already.

I explain the importans of changing with regedit in your phone:

When you run the update, this program verifing you phone, that meen: what country rom you have actualy, if it is newest or not, if the phone is charged bla bla, and if this steps is verified then the program update install the rom in your phone.

In your case the software says that you have the latest firmware, that meens the regedit not changed nothing.

Changing with regedit from DXID1 to DZHJ1, you trick the updater that you have in your phone rom of DZ and not DX, and that you have the older rom and not the newest.

Please, reed carefuly.

And sorry my bad english. :D

thanks a lot for the info mate.....

but as ive said,i have tried regedit it to i900DXID1/DXID1 into i900DXID1/DZHJ1.....restarted and its ok,its there;

then went on hex edit changed the i900DX into i900DZ.....right.....coz iam reverting back to DZIA5....

....but still no go.....

Maybe,dont you think,i should just download instead DXIA5 winxp updater from Philippines,rather than the DZIA5???

......Also tried to go to preconfig option and trying to set back my phone to Singapore.....but it does not do anything....so i guess that iam still,or my omnia,is still set on Singapore,right?

anyways,i think the real problem only lies on the HEX Editing thing.....or maybe not???

well as always thanks for your support......++10 to ya...

================================================================================

================

UPDATE:

*But ive tried something here,downloaded XRAYMAN's 165MB IA5 IA2 ROM,the closest thing to an official rom with all the default things in it......or is it???

At first I cant install it due to a cFile error message,which i found out here in some of the forums,that its the TREND MICRO PCCILLIN,thats making this error message.....

So i off it and then there it go, Flashed the PDA and Phone part.....but its in DXIA5 now not the DZIA5.......

But nevertheless its,i think sufficient enough at the moment.......

.............and still havent revert back to an ORIGINAL ROM......(darn,hate it when you cant finish something,really....lols)

and just wait for Samsungs Official DXID1,hope no problem updating from that one.....

ANYWAYS.....thanks for XRAYMAN's ROM ++10........its a LIFE SAVER!

and also to tibor22 ++5;and Nicklashidegard ++5,for pointing it out to me as well....

================================================================================

===============

cheers

salute ;)

Edited by vinzSG

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andylyf

Why didn't u thought of the easiest way out?

Brick your phone, take it to samsung service center and tell them u bricked it during updating.

Then they will fix it for you..... :D

Guest natalie1981_cutie
Iam on a custom rom now,but wanted to bring it back to the last official rom from samsung DZIA5,but cannot push tru,Ive tried everything thats been said here in Modaco and even the other XDA site,but still with no avail,still getting the error message

heres what ive been doing so far....

(I WANT DZIA5)

Current Rom:

Pda : i900DXID1/DXID1

Reg edit it to:

Pda : i900DXID1/DZHK3?orDZIA1?orDZHG4?orDZHJ1>>>tried this 4 so far....but no avail!

Hex Edit(unrar first the Downloaded i900DZIA5_updater_xp);Hex edited Updater.exe

.....i900DX into ......i900XX, right?....then save it

active sync,samsung modem driver(which i installed already ages ago)...then the hex edited updater....

then VOILA!....still....."i have the latest firmware already" error!!???

been doing this thing the whole day

PC Specs:

Win XP Pro SP2 32bit

Omnia Specs:

8gb Omnia

I am about to give up......ANYONE???

thanks a lot

cheers

I had a similar problem before. I was using a very old custom ROM and I had a Vista Machine. The easiest way for me without any hex editing is the grand prix way. I've written a guide on my blog with links to several Modaco posts on where to find the files. I don't know if it's any help or even if it's understandable :D but here it is: http://www.cellphone-reviews.co.uk/2009/04...sung-omnia.html Hope it helps.