Omnia Pro!

Guest mobilehappy

Guest whatledog

I have no problem with the cover on the port on my i900. I'm careful with it as I like not getting junk in the port, unlike HTC stuff. Since the OmniaPro won't be coming to the States and I'm stuck on ATT (all my relatives and work are on it), I'll have to choose between 3G and tilt screen, or all the goodness of the OmniaPro :D

Guest tamanaco
this phone as far as i know will not be coming to the us. The only option we have is the omnia 2

Can you point me to your source for this information?

I have no problem with the cover on the port on my i900. I'm careful with it as I like not getting junk in the port, unlike HTC stuff.

I own a Blackjack II and I can understand having the cover on Samsung's propretary port. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the i900 also has one of those proprietary ports. A cover on a 3.5mm Headphone Jack? I've never owned a portable player that had a covered 3.5mm Jack. I find those covers and proprietary ports to be very inconvenient as they require a dongle if you want to use off the shelf headphones. Because of this, I rarely use my BJII to listen to music. I bought a dongle, but never use it because in comes out of the side of the BJ at an award angle that makes it impossible to put your phone in your pocket while listening to music. A cover in a MiniUSB port is also questionable as junk can be easily remove from a USB port without much fear of damaging the pins. The Samsung propretary port is very narrow with a plastic blade-thin edge in the middle that's surrounded by tiny pins. It is very fragile and difficult to clean if junk gets stuck inside. The HTC Touch Pro 2 is in my list of contenders, but because it does not have a 3.5mm jack... the Omnia Pro gets a check on the Pros column for adding the 3.5mm jack and moving away from proprietary ports and connectors. Btw, I'd have proffered if the MiniUSB port was on the lower edge so that third party vendors had the chance to design and make charging docking stations for the phones.

Btw, could these new Omnias be using the Samsung S5PC100 processor that's being used in the new iPhone 3GS? This processor is capable of 833MHz and recording 720P video

Brochure of the S5PC100 in .pdf format

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/sem...hure_200902.pdf

Edited by tamanaco

Guest Michael Pang

from the picture here:

post-240024-1245653944_thumb.jpg

it looks 164.19M left.

but from the image here:

post-240024-1245653728_thumb.jpg

it looks 256M left

but according to these 2 photos, the memory at least more than 160M. (more than i900)

Edited by Michael Pang

Guest montrala
from the picture here:

post-240024-1245653944_thumb.jpg

it looks 164.19M left.

but from the image here:

post-240024-1245653728_thumb.jpg

it looks 256M left

but according to these 2 photos, the memory at least more than 160M. (more than i900)

This is RAM (Omnia has more than 50M left only on very Lite ROMs and with no apps running). Storage is supposed to be 1GB instead of 160M in Omnia.

Guest Michael Pang
This is RAM (Omnia has more than 50M left only on very Lite ROMs and with no apps running). Storage is supposed to be 1GB instead of 160M in Omnia.

i absolutely know it is memory. i intend to let you guys have the idea of how much memory will be in Omnia 2 or Omnia Pro

Edited by Michael Pang

Guest Ingvarr
Regarding the cpu, the OmniaPro B7610 uses the Samsung mobile processor ARM1176JZF-S S3C6410 at 800Mhz

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=..._samsung_louvre

see the video and stop at 1:20 to confirm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46j0uG3vvdo

If this true, this is pretty cool - this is very good CPU, even being previous ARM generation compared to latest Cortex on iPhone 3GS or Palm Pre.

Integrated 3D, high speed USB 2.0 OTG (with host!), etc

*drools* :D

Though somehow I cant help but feel that this device will be a lot more suited for Android ;)

WM kind of encumbered by majority of legacy applications lacking ability to take advantage of modern techs like 3D acceleration - Android on the other hand built with OpenGL ES as core drawing API from the start, so all apps take advatage of superior graphics automatically.

Edited by Ingvarr

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lohtus
Why such big difference in price between the Omnia II and the Pro?

"The Samsung Omnia II will go on sale in Singapore this Saturday, July 18 for S$898 (about $619) unlocked, while the Omnia Pro will be available August 1 for something under S$550 (about $379)"

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/07/16/o...y-july-16-2009/

There are two different Omnia Pro and one of them, the cheaper, is not touchscreen.

The other one will also be cheaper than Omnia II because, and this is only my opinion, the screen is smaller, ande the phone is heavier and bigger.

Guest anamelesssomebody
True Real Flash is a necessity as these leds wash out all my images ;)

Also any news if this will have a 3d accelerator?

Somewhere on here is a show me your picture thread and daskalos the starter has tips for good pics. One of the tips is to lower your ISO to 50 for flash and it works great, no washout. Look for the thread.