BlueTooth Car Kit

Guest GoldenSpartan

Guest GoldenSpartan

I recently bought a Alpine EX-10. for the sole purpose of streaming my music to my car cd player. And I have to say wow. It not only streams my music flawlessly, it also comes with a remote so that I can actually change songs with out looking at my phone, limited though, just forward and backward. It also has a Mic for answering calls, built in phone book, and so on.

It also comes with a Ipod connection cable, but I read on some of the reviews that you have to buy another adapter to get newer ipods to work on it.

All n All I got it for $39 on a sale and I am definetly not dissapointed.

Guest necosino

Yeah, both of my cars have built-in bluetooth and it makes such a difference! When I go driving in my mom's car it's just not the same because I'm so used to it. Maybe I should pick up one of those for hers, lol..

It also saves the "but how do I use the audio-out and charge at the same time?" issue, for those that like to complain ;) lol

Guest fabi_Oo

ive got the kenwood bt8044u with built in bluetooth now for a short time.

This A2P2 or what it is just works as it transfers all of the omnias sounds to the radio. But i cant send any commands through the bluetooth connection or cant see any information on the radios display. Which player are you using fpr that?

And the main problem is that the radio got a built in phonebook and so on but i cant dial through the radio. I can answer the phone and it switches the sound to the radio when i dial on the omnia, but i want to dial on the radio.

I think fpr that is a bluetooth profile missing or something like that. Has anyone any suggestion or is there any fix for that?

Guest necosino
ive got the kenwood bt8044u with built in bluetooth now for a short time.

This A2P2 or what it is just works as it transfers all of the omnias sounds to the radio. But i cant send any commands through the bluetooth connection or cant see any information on the radios display. Which player are you using fpr that?

And the main problem is that the radio got a built in phonebook and so on but i cant dial through the radio. I can answer the phone and it switches the sound to the radio when i dial on the omnia, but i want to dial on the radio.

I think fpr that is a bluetooth profile missing or something like that. Has anyone any suggestion or is there any fix for that?

That all works fine for me.. Not sure, it probably depends on the bluetooth receiver you're using, I guess.

Guest fabi_Oo
That all works fine for me.. Not sure, it probably depends on the bluetooth receiver you're using, I guess.

I played a bit with the settings, and now everything worlks with A2DP but i cant still make a call from the radio...

Guest GoldenSpartan

Well I used WMP and it worked fine before I found out the new nitrogen was out, But with the Nitrogen Ive noticed for some reason I cant change songs with the remote now....

Guest X-Ray A4T
I played a bit with the settings, and now everything worlks with A2DP but i cant still make a call from the radio...

From my Bluetooth car kit I can see the call log and select numbers to dial from there. The phone book interface does not seem to work. It does support voice activation but all the standard MS stuff tries to do voice recognition rather than voice tags so it is not very good.

Guest Itlooksfast

This is probably a stupid question but does your car have to have bluetooth built-in for you to use it? I have a Toyota Celica which doesn't have bluetooth built-in but I would love to be able to play music on my Omnia and transfer/transmitter the sound through the car radio. I have heard and read about FM transmitters but this does the same thing but more right?

Guest necosino

A bluetooth car kit is a device that plugs into your Aux. In on your car stereo, and is an external bluetooth receiver to play audio, but most don't store the music on the receiver itself.

• 1 year later...
Guest blert596
A bluetooth car kit is a device that plugs into your Aux. In on your car stereo, and is an external bluetooth receiver to play audio, but most don't store the music on the receiver itself.
at I can

Hi,

I've just got a new used car with a bluetooth connection preinstalled (nokia CK-7W) that I can pair my i900 with and can talk and listen via my car stereo, after dialling or accepting a call direct on the phone.

However, the (age old it seems) problem I have is that I can find no way to use voice activation to simply make or answer a call through the bluetooth.

I'm currently using windows mobile 6.1 (I know) and have read a few threads on a few sites, but there doesnt seem to be a solution to it that is simple to follow and reliable.

Is it possible with the i900 using Win 6.1? Or possible at all?

Is there any specific software that would do the job simply by installing it?

Do I need to upgrade my Winmob to 6.5? Or is it possible to flash my phone with a ROM that could do all the above (so simple that I could follow it :-) )

I've never really needed to use voice activation before, but its becoming a bit of a necessity for me now really.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Guest leap_ahead
at I can

Hi,

I've just got a new used car with a bluetooth connection preinstalled (nokia CK-7W) that I can pair my i900 with and can talk and listen via my car stereo, after dialling or accepting a call direct on the phone.

However, the (age old it seems) problem I have is that I can find no way to use voice activation to simply make or answer a call through the bluetooth.

I'm currently using windows mobile 6.1 (I know) and have read a few threads on a few sites, but there doesnt seem to be a solution to it that is simple to follow and reliable.

Is it possible with the i900 using Win 6.1? Or possible at all?

Is there any specific software that would do the job simply by installing it?

Do I need to upgrade my Winmob to 6.5? Or is it possible to flash my phone with a ROM that could do all the above (so simple that I could follow it :-) )

I've never really needed to use voice activation before, but its becoming a bit of a necessity for me now really.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...x-for-new-roms/

or for rom here :

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...0-january-2010/

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...september-2009/

Edited by leap_ahead

Guest blert596

Thanks leap ahead. However I read through all of the first link and couldnt really work out if this would actually work for me.

The second link (all 107 pages) was fascinating. The only problem was that I read about 50 of them and then decided on the Lite version only for the link not to work. Or the Lite II.

I've decided on (for no other reason than I like the look of them)

PDhee_i900Omnia_21888.5.0.86_Lite_beta1

and

PDhee_i900Omnia_23544.5.5.0_M2Dv2_beta1

Hopefully one of these will work.

Now all I have to do is remember how to load the new ROMS on :(

Guest leap_ahead
Thanks leap ahead. However I read through all of the first link and couldnt really work out if this would actually work for me.

The second link (all 107 pages) was fascinating. The only problem was that I read about 50 of them and then decided on the Lite version only for the link not to work. Or the Lite II.

I've decided on (for no other reason than I like the look of them)

PDhee_i900Omnia_21888.5.0.86_Lite_beta1

and

PDhee_i900Omnia_23544.5.5.0_M2Dv2_beta1

Hopefully one of these will work.

Now all I have to do is remember how to load the new ROMS on :(

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...00-omnia-phone/

• 1 month later...
Guest micrographics

I've JVC AVX-44 Car Audio System with inbuilt Bluetooth.

My Omnia pairs perfectly but when I try to transfer my phonebook, it hangs and my omnia does not transfer the phone book.

Guest micrographics

Leap_ahead

I've downloaded the file and have installed it. I'll give it a try when I'll be in my car.

I checked and its advanced options are showing Phonebook but I'm still unable to transfer my phonebook to my Bluetooth device.

Edited by micrographics