TG01 Vs i8000 (Omnia II)

Guest jonboyuk

Guest jonboyuk

Right which one should I go for? The TG01 or the Omnia 2? I'm loving the idea of a 4.1" screen & 1Ghz but then not the 3mpx cam, 1000mah battery. On the other hand I'm loving the idea of the 5mpx cam with dual led with an OMLED screen. Any other obvious pros/cons anyone?

Guest oalex
Right which one should I go for? The TG01 or the Omnia 2? I'm loving the idea of a 4.1" screen & 1Ghz but then not the 3mpx cam, 1000mah battery. On the other hand I'm loving the idea of the 5mpx cam with dual led with an OMLED screen. Any other obvious pros/cons anyone?

Well Omnia 2 is not yet available, so I would advise to wait for it before making a decision (August). That is after both have been reviewed thoroughly.

As of now The are no in-depth review available for either.

Omnia II has almost everything going for it (AMOLED, 5Mp, Better ROM support as we could see from i900, usable UI), the only thing they really messed up is having the MicorUSB on top (and with a stupid cover too). This cancels out every possibility of a normal in-car charger and that of a desktop cradle.

On the other hand TG01 has an even faster CPU (but yet unproven) +0.4" screen real estate, but LCD. Probably worse ROM support (we'll see), obviously worse UI. Questionable battery life.

I guess that's it.

Guest thebigshazbowski

check around the forum - plenty of people have the TG01 now and it's all over youtube. There should be a short cut link at the bottom of the modaco page within this thread.

I eventually went with the TG01 - 1) because it was exclusive to my network - Orange here in the UK 2) because it was a free upgrade. 3) I was really bored and fancied a new toy

the TG01 and i8000 are pretty much the same phone with similar specs aside from the killer CPU in the TG01.

TG01:

Pros: Nicely built, Big 4.1 inch screen, amazingly fast CPU. The Snapdragon has already shown that it is twice as fast as the iPhone 3gs and 3 times better at graphic processing. Equivalent of an intel Atom 900mhz no less.

Cons: crap battery, no 3.5 jack, crap camera. A little wide for average hands. Poor speaker volume.

I make up the poor sound quality with the sony bt22a, stereo bluetooth headphones - and they are amazing with their 11 hour battery life.

Not sure if the Samsung falls under the HTC territory - if it does than ROM cooking will rock via the XDA dev site. . The TG01 - does not so there may not be too much happening with it - meaning you're stuck with the same phone until Toshiba send in the firmware updates.

The interfaces on both is irrelevant as they both suck and should be changed to SPB Shell 3.0 for example. Touch screen wise - I think they are both resistive so therefore the touch experience is the same...

Basically - I got mine as a second phone - using it as media player to play all my xvid stuff and full flash video via Skyfire. I use my Android (G1) as my primary phone for everything else.

So basically - if you want a phone - then Samsung - if you want a powerful media player then TG01.

Guest SinSilla
...The Snapdragon has already shown that it is twice as fast as the iPhone 3gs and 3 times better at graphic processing. ...

Hey Big Shazbowski, do you have any source for that? Thx in advance

Greetings,

Sin