need some help with tomtom

Guest harryc88

Guest harryc88

i have the tomtom working with maps etcetc, but i need to find out where to add the voices and speedcamera upgrades... i do not have a voices folder or anything and i don't know where to put it

Guest G1LIW

Put them all into the maps folder you're using. By voice files, I take it you mean the OGG audio files for the camera files? If so, make doubly sure that the file name before the file type suffix is the same as the camera file it's being used with, likewise any icon files should have the same name before the suffix, or they won't marry up in TomTom.

Hope this helps ;)

Guest ub3r21
If so, make doubly sure that the file name before the file type suffix is the same as the camera file it's being used with, likewise any icon files should have the same name before the suffix, or they won't marry up in TomTom.

Similar to the OP, i've got a slight issue with the camera files. I've got voices working fine. I'm not quite sure of what you mean by "make sure the file type suffix is the same as the camera file it's being used with". Could you elaborate a bit more? I've got the OGG file for the cameras, not sure about the camera file you mention?

Cheers

Guest G1LIW

Sure. A suffix is the part of the file name AFTER the dot. for example, "prefix.suf" (old-style windows 16-bit naming convention, showing my bloody age here, lol)

Everything before the dot of the suffix should be the same, or TomTom won't realise that they're intended to be used at the same time.

For example:

If the Camera file is called "safetycam30mph.ov2", then the sound file should be named "safetycam30mph.ogg": Similarly, the icon file should be named "safetycam30mph.bmp".

All those files should go into the same folder as your maps ;)

Hope that clears things up :D