Bgill55 CF03 Roms 6.5 V2.6/"FloTanium" M2d v2.4.1/"BlissTanium" v2.4.1

Guest bga7x

Hey guys im not sure what i am doing wrong here but I can't get 2.6 or 2.5.1 to flash correctly. They both flash but on boot up they freeze after a minute or two with the waiting indicator on the screen. After a while of waiting I turned off and on the phone. The phone will boot but it gets too the XDA_UC but then freezes again, i try to reset again but it will just freeze with waiting indicator no matter how many times i reset. I can flash to 2.5 or lower or other custom roms, but 2.6 and 2.5.1 don't work. Any help is greatly appreciated I want to upgrade to the newest. Thanks.

btw I am now running 2.1 working great thanks bg but just want to upgrade

Edited by bushe

Wait you are releasing a new one today?  I was going to reflash mine and see if I could fix the chome issue but if you are posting a new one I will download that... 

Guest Grassguy
New Rom, New Look, New Direction, New thread! Today!

Woo Hoo! (Dances around desk, employees looking at me strangly)

BTW, been using the new gps panel, CGPS. Works flawlessly! Hopefully it doesn't drain the battery, only time will tell.

Why do the ladies have to complain every time we decide to flash our phones. No offense to the lady flashers out there.. :)

Bgill, I think that you're trying to say you're up to something.. new?

You just made my day. Probably not my wife's though.

So I'm not the only one who has this problem? I've been threatened with the couch if my wife ever finds her cell phone plugged into my laptop via USB :)

Guest DirtySanchez
So I'm not the only one who has this problem? I've been threatened with the couch if my wife ever finds her cell phone plugged into my laptop via USB :D

Ya but it like most things "baby just trust me it will be better"

Just if there was a way to port SMS from each Flash easy. And on that note why o why does someone need to save texts from a year ago? Woman are the craziest things :)

Ok, this is a total newbie question, but here goes....

From a post in another topic it said that flashing using a 'PDA' flash cannot brick your phone. is that true? What is the difference between a flash like CF03 and a 'PDA' flash for a custom ROM? Are different part of the rom being or not being overwritten? What happens if a 'PDA' flash dies inthe middle, you can just try to re-flash?

Thank you for helping me understand.

Ya but it like most things "baby just trust me it will be better"

Just if there was a way to port SMS from each Flash easy. And on that note why o why does someone need to save texts from a year ago? Woman are the craziest things :)

Have you tried using Microsoft MyPhone to backup and restore her SMS messages? It should work.

Woo Hoo! (Dances around desk, employees looking at me strangly)

BTW, been using the new gps panel, CGPS. Works flawlessly! Hopefully it doesn't drain the battery, only time will tell.

i installed today too, and as far as i can tell, it doesnt enable GPS chip itself, and remains "OFF". however, it will turn "ON" and register the positioning if another GPS-enabling app [ie--google maps] gets an active lock. once google maps is closed, CGPS remains "ON"; however, i wonder if it's truly still enabled or its a cached notification display.

apologize in advance for going off-topic, but this panel integrates well with this ROM.

Edited by arirang

i installed today too, and as far as i can tell, it doesnt enable GPS chip itself, and remains "OFF". however, it will turn "ON" if another GPS-enabling app [ie--google maps] gets an active lock. once google maps is closed, CGPS remains "ON"; however, i wonder if it's truly still enabled or its a cached notification display.

apologize in advance for going off-topic, but this panel integrates well with this ROM.

first v6 works flawless for me (but so did the others im just REALLY good lol) but this gps panel...im diggin in right now!

lets keep this one alive since he is apparently changing threads anyway :)

Ok, this is a total newbie question, but here goes....

From a post in another topic it said that flashing using a 'PDA' flash cannot brick your phone. is that true? What is the difference between a flash like CF03 and a 'PDA' flash for a custom ROM? Are different part of the rom being or not being overwritten? What happens if a 'PDA' flash dies inthe middle, you can just try to re-flash?

Thank you for helping me understand.

because it's essentially a phone with a PDA [windows 6.1, 6.5, etc] there are two ROMs. thus far, there has been ONE phone ROM update/upgrade for verizon omnia i910 [CF03]. moreover, PDA ROMs are phone ROM-dependent/specific. this forum is for i910 with phone's running ROM CF03. for better or for worse, there has only been ONE update/upgrade so technically you only touch its ROM once. a failed phone ROM flash is nearly irreparable; whereas, a botched PDA ROM can be re-flashed with a "99%" recovery/resume rate.

Edited by arirang

Totally! Hopefully I can get it flashed before she gets home from work!

if she's a light-weight, take her out for dinner and many, many cocktails while you have beer. if she's like my wife, she'll pass out by 9, and voila! time to flash.