i637 Samsung Jack

Guest mario617

Guest mario617

I recently moved on from the Blackjack II (which I enabled the gps via modaco, THNX!). I got i637 JACK (windows 6.1) phone, turned it on, downloaded google maps and used the gps (No hack needed) The phone promptly started looking for satalites. But, I tried installing SurrealNetworksAppUnlock.cab and received the error, "program does not have sufficient system permissions". I've tried multiple programs to unlock the phone but none seem to work. I called samsung and they told me the phone has been updated to not allow certain 3rd party programs to be installed and that I do not have complete control over the device I just spent my hard earned money on.

Is there a way to unlock my device so I can install any programs I want?

Will Modaco have a subforum for i637?

Has samsung caught up with us hackers?

Guest lilsim89
I recently moved on from the Blackjack II (which I enabled the gps via modaco, THNX!). I got i637 JACK (windows 6.1) phone, turned it on, downloaded google maps and used the gps (No hack needed) The phone promptly started looking for satalites. But, I tried installing SurrealNetworksAppUnlock.cab and received the error, "program does not have sufficient system permissions". I've tried multiple programs to unlock the phone but none seem to work. I called samsung and they told me the phone has been updated to not allow certain 3rd party programs to be installed and that I do not have complete control over the device I just spent my hard earned money on.

Is there a way to unlock my device so I can install any programs I want?

Will Modaco have a subforum for i637?

Has samsung caught up with us hackers?

Nah man..... We stay ahead of the curve here. What you need is a free development tool from Microsoft to do the trick. It's called like Microsoft Security Manager or something.

Here's the directions: http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2009/06/10/unl...msung-jack.html

Edited by lilsim89