Image a Windows Mobile

Guest triran

Guest triran

I am trying to create an image of my windows mobile devices but the problem is that windows doesn't recognise the phone as a drive - just a pocket pc device. Any ideas?

Guest Alshandron
I am trying to create an image of my windows mobile devices but the problem is that windows doesn't recognise the phone as a drive - just a pocket pc device. Any ideas?

Why would you do that? If you ever screw up your phone, you can use the "Clear Storage" -function under Start / Settings / System -tab. That'll restore your Windows Mobile operating system to the exact same state as it was when you purchased it. Just remember to run backups at least weekly.

Also, if you don't like installing all of your programs over and over again after each hard reset (Clear Storage), there are programs that wrap all of your installers in a same package and install them from one .exe file at once. I can't give you any names, since I've never used them.

Guest G1LIW

Since you work in mobile phone forensics, all you have to do is get a letter on your OFFICIAL letterhead off to Microsoft, and they'll be happy to help/guide you with possible solutions. Of course, you have to be placed in an official chain of evidence hierarchy to be able to do this, and Microsoft are unlikely to help non-public law enforcement/forensics bodies, so if you work for a private forensics company, you may well be SOL.