TyTnII and TomTom Navigator 7 - please help

Guest The Kaiser Chief

Guest The Kaiser Chief

Hi,

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere...

I want to buy TomTom Navigator 7 and UK/ Ireland Map for my TyTnII. The cheapest I can find is at Handtec.co.uk for £56.99 inc VAT

Only problem is that under the item description on the Handtec site, it says that Navigator 7 IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH the TyTnII. Is this true?! I used to run Navigator 6 without any problem whatsoever. The TomTom site says that it IS compatible - but not from a 'direct download', i.e. installation has to be done from the memory card, which is no problem for me.

I phoned Handtec and they said they had put that notice on the site because they were aware 'some customers had had problems'. They also said once the registration code has been entered, they would not give a refund if the installation did not complete.

Would appreciate any help - is it possible or is it really not compatible?

Thanks,

KC

• 2 months later...
Guest The Kaiser Chief
Hi,

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere...

I want to buy TomTom Navigator 7 and UK/ Ireland Map for my TyTnII. The cheapest I can find is at Handtec.co.uk for £56.99 inc VAT

Only problem is that under the item description on the Handtec site, it says that Navigator 7 IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH the TyTnII. Is this true?! I used to run Navigator 6 without any problem whatsoever. The TomTom site says that it IS compatible - but not from a 'direct download', i.e. installation has to be done from the memory card, which is no problem for me.

I phoned Handtec and they said they had put that notice on the site because they were aware 'some customers had had problems'. They also said once the registration code has been entered, they would not give a refund if the installation did not complete.

Would appreciate any help - is it possible or is it really not compatible?

Thanks,

KC

I was a bit surprised no-one answered this - was it too obvious a question? Is there some other reason?

Anyway, I took the risk and bought Navigator 7 and it works perfectly on the TyTnII just in case anyone else is wondering.

Thanks