10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest justbabu

Paul,

Would it be worthwhile to start a new thread devoted to your new version ROM?

This thread is becoming cumbersome and it seems to drift quite a bit at times and all the newcomers don't bother to read all the posts anyway - it's so much easier to ask the same questions over and over without taking the time to do some basic reading!

Babu.

Guest xjairusx

Hi Paul, I just tried to update from the 2.2 Modaco HTC Hero ROM, however my Hero now gets stuck on the splash screen when loading... I'm now attempting a nandroid backup, what process should I go through to flash to the new ROM? Should I reboot after each pack?

Guest phillevy
Just a quick question about wavesecure,

If I'm using task manager do I need to put it on the ignore list or can I kill it and it will re-start if I ever try to lock it?

Cheers

Mark

I couldn't get a definitive answer from wavesecure when I asked them - they said it didn't need to be running, but then said it might be best to add it to the ignore list to be on the safe side!

Guest markspark100
I couldn't get a definitive answer from wavesecure when I asked them - they said it didn't need to be running, but then said it might be best to add it to the ignore list to be on the safe side!

Thanks for the reply. I have tried locking my phone remotely when it has been closed and seemed to work so I think I'll probably see if it drains my battery noticably if it's on the ignore list and if not leave it on there just to be on the safe side.

Hopefully i'll never need to use it anyway lol.

Mark

Guest phillevy
Thanks for the reply. I have tried locking my phone remotely when it has been closed and seemed to work so I think I'll probably see if it drains my battery noticably if it's on the ignore list and if not leave it on there just to be on the safe side.

Hopefully i'll never need to use it anyway lol.

Mark

That's exactly what I've done and battery seems unaffected.

Moved base to 2.73.405.66

Updated busybox to fix colour coding ls issue

Updated kernel to Teknologist 1.9

Hi Paul,

Where are the files for this, are they getting uploaded? From initial post 2.9 is only available.

Cheers

IZ

Guest bluecat69

Paul is there any chance that in the HTC inbuilt keyboard thingy, a £ could be added. I mean the thing is set to UK english and it has a bloody $ sign but no £ sign.

Any chance it could be included in the next release or considered?

Guest Keramidas

Hi all,

After seeing how many people have to wipe their Hero one day or another, and lose all their settings, I've wondered... what if I made a backup solution for power/root users, that can backup and restore settings for *any* app ?

As far as I know, the best solutions today are:

- backup for root users (free)

- sprite backup (paid)

- my backup pro (paid)

But none of them can backup/restore settings for arbitrary apps. Sprite backup does it for 3 HTC apps and 4 other apps, but I think they have to be designed specifically for this. No way !

So should I undertake such a development ? Or is there a more important app that MoDaCo power users need ?

Edit I've done it ! Have a look there: Titanium Backup (alpha) thread

Edited by Keramidas

Guest Markoc84
Hi all,

After seeing how many people have to wipe their Hero one day or another, and lose all their settings, I've wondered... what if I made a backup solution for power/root users, that can backup and restore settings for *any* app ?

As far as I know, the best solutions today are:

- backup for root users (free)

- sprite backup (paid)

- my backup pro (paid)

But none of them can backup/restore settings for arbitrary apps. Sprite backup does it for 3 HTC apps and 4 other apps, but I think they have to be designed specifically for this. No way !

So should I undertake such a development ? Or is there a more important app that MoDaCo power users need ?

Yes please, that would be awesome, I have tried "backup for root users", but i cant get it to restore anything, unless i am doing something wrong.

I think it would be a very good idea considering all of the updates that will be coming through soon, a complete wipe would be useful, especially for all the a2sd apps, so something that backs up all the contacts, sms etc plus settings and apps would be very useful,

Paul is there any chance that in the HTC inbuilt keyboard thingy, a £ could be added. I mean the thing is set to UK english and it has a bloody $ sign but no £ sign.

It there... just a pain to get to.

key 12#

key 1/2

hey paul i am going crazy man

please update 3.0 man. that .66 htc rom is faaaaassssssttttt

ditto that.

have you tried the .66 rom or other people saying its fast?

ditto that.

have you tried the .66 rom or other people saying its fast?

yup i am running it now & it is way to fast than .61

at least that is what i feel

Version 3.0 now online!

Changelog

Updated wpa_supplicant (0.5.11)

Please hit the retweet button on the first post to get the word out! :D

P

what is Sprite? sorry for my ignorance, but can u explain.

I think Paul is talking about Sprite backup software...

Never used it before, but decent backup software would be GREAT!

Thanks for the update Paul, downloading now :D

Guest markspark100
Version 3.0 now online!

Changelog

Please hit the retweet button on the first post to get the word out! :(

P

Nice one Paul,

just downloading now...6 minutes :D lol then I'll give some feedback.

re-tweeted as requested although I don't really go on twitter so not really gonna get the word very far haha

Keep up the good work

;)

Mark

Version 3.0 now online!

Changelog

Please hit the retweet button on the first post to get the word out! :D

P

Paul about the wavesecure, it would still be able to secure even though you flash a new rom? or wipe data?

If someone is able to access the recovery image is there still hope?