10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kendon
Downloading as we speak, will report back shortly.

B)

same here.

paul, if it isn't asked to much could you provide a busybox with colors enabled, for the linux users among us? just the binary would be fine, i think who uses linux knows how to get it in the rom :)

Guest munkimatt

What a treat for the subscribers! Thanks a lot Paul :)

UPDATE

Downloaded, installed, seems bloody quick.

Edited by munkimatt

Guest Dan Mullen
Awesome cheers Paul

Quick question, though I think I know the answer already... presumably the enhanced, wavesecure and bootsounds addons are fully compatible with 3.1 beta?

Guest masterpfa
Quick question, though I think I know the answer already... presumably the enhanced, wavesecure and bootsounds addons are fully compatible with 3.1 beta?

Was thinking the same thing, but decided to go ahead and give it a try

No problems so far :)

Guest masterpfa
I think you meant to type adb push

Giving it a go without ramzswap, my mate is getting loads of speed issues himself so I thought I would test!

Hi

What should all the commands be to remove ramzswap?

Yeah!

P

OK just got my first speeding ticket :)

This ROM is FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Paul awesome work!

Will continue to monitor

;)

Main speed boosters are still to go in too! B)

P

Guest aldwinc

would love to try this, but i'm new to these android stuff and i am not yet a premium member.

just wanted to ask a few things before i decide to be a premium meber, what's the main difference of this one from the 3.0 release? any ui changes? and does this mean, that all future releases of the modaco roms are gonna be for premium members only?

thanks.

Guest thecastlefordkid

Looks pretty good so far, nice and quick.

Only one issue I found was during the set up once the ROM had flashed and rebooted following a wipe. I couldn't log in to Twitter during the Set Up process (even though I checked my credentials numerous times). However, was able to log in successfully through the Social Networks option in the Settings menu.

BTW - 9.99 is on it's way to you Paul.

Edited by thecastlefordkid

Hi Paul,

quite new to android stuff and MCR but subscribed to 'ad free modaco' after about a week- this is awsome! The device is VERY responsive and fast - no problems so far with any apps or Wavesecure.

Please keep on your good work. I can't even imagine what you will do with 2.1 when it is due!

Regards,

reeja.

Guest BoogWeed

Ok, so I'm getting my hero back today from tmobile after the touch screen stopped working. I am, of course, going to put MCR 3.0 right back on there but I have a quick question.

Previously with my 8gb sd card, I had it in 3 partitions: fat, ext4, swap. I read somewhere on here that with the new teknologist kernel I have to format my SD in a different way. I can find that posting now...

Can someone please clarify for me how to partition my card to use mcr 3.0 correctly?

Many thanks!

Guest dlzerocool
Can't wait to get my hands on 2.1... as soon as HTC have it, I should have it! :)

P

Well yeah if it come out one day... Still no news from HTC, perhaps we will get another new like "You will get version 843892 for xmas" Yeah XD

Ok ok, perhaps they will release it soon, I really hope so ! Tired of this 1.5

Guest masterpfa
Ok, so I'm getting my hero back today from tmobile after the touch screen stopped working. I am, of course, going to put MCR 3.0 right back on there but I have a quick question.

Previously with my 8gb sd card, I had it in 3 partitions: fat, ext4, swap. I read somewhere on here that with the new teknologist kernel I have to format my SD in a different way. I can find that posting now...

Can someone please clarify for me how to partition my card to use mcr 3.0 correctly?

Many thanks!

You will only need 2 partitions. Fat 32 and ext 2/3/4, Swap is no longer required

If you have AmonRa Recovery image 1.5.2 partitioning your SD card is one of the options

Most common configuration for an 8Gb SD card 500k Ext4 The remainder Fat32

Edited by masterpfa