10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jonathanmusto
Hi

I removed the SDCard to see if the Apps were stored on the SDCard. It turns out only some apps are stored on the SDCard and some on the device. Some apps could be started anyway even though I installed them today and I have restarted the device. Why not all apps on SD?

Btw, I think my Hero is kind a sluggish with the MCR 2.3. Anyone else has this problem?

Also, does anyone have a good app (windows) to extract contacts to the PC and edit the info and send it back to the device? It's kind of hard to copy/paste on the device. Also if same contact is duplicated with different info. I know there is vCardIO but I don't want to edit it in notepad. Any application to help out with this?

MCR 2.3 is sluggish, unless you really must have the new people widget i'd go back to 2.2e, no wipe required just re-flash... It's much faster! No disrespect to Pauls hardwork, i think it's just the HTC Kernal its based on.

Guest roieki

Paul,

First of all, even though I'm a super-noob, I can appreciate the amazing work you're doing, so keep it up!

Secondly, when I try using the ROM, I get "Verification failed", and the installation is aborted...

My build is 2.73.728.5

Are there any known issues with flashing this build?...

Does anyone know when 2.4 will be released? It's bee quite awhile, and I'm starting to wonder if my contribution to Paul's Hero fund has gone into a dead end... :)

Are you serious? It's only been a couple of weeks since the last update, have a little patience.

There have been a lot of suggestions on what to include in the next update, so I'd rather have a fully loaded quality ROM than a rushed one that has just been pushed quickly.

Guest PhonePersona

Hi I'm new to the forum and a bit lost, so please be patient with me.

I loaded the new MoDaCo custom ROM on my Hero without any problems, but I cannot see some these 'ADDED' applications that you mentioned in your change log.

For example, I do not have the Spare Parts, BusyBoxy, Android-wifi-tether and QuickOffice applications displayed. The same for any of the other added applications that you mentioned.

Did I do something wrong during the ROM install?

Please tell me what I'm missing/where I should be looking.

Thank you.

- Added Jbed Java

- Added Spare Parts (run it and switch the 2 animation types to 'fast' for an even better experience!)

- Added Custom Locale for setting non english Locales

- Added android-wifi-tether 1.52 (props to the developer, this is a great app!)

- Added busybox 1.15.1 - tweaked such that 'get information' in Swapper now works as desired

- Added nano 2.09 - text editor for use in shell mode

- Added parted and sqlite tools

- Added terminfo and settings to boot.img to allow nano etc. use

- Added tun.ko file

- Added files required for Debian linux

- Moved Quickoffice to data partition to allow easy uninstall

Guest justbabu
Do I need to flash both 2.2 core and enhanced just like in 2.3?

Btw, what is Java app for? It seems useless for me...

Thanks

No, you can choose either the core 2.2 or enhanced 2.2 and flash just the one file.

Guest BoogWeed
Hi I'm new to the forum and a bit lost, so please be patient with me.

I loaded the new MoDaCo custom ROM on my Hero without any problems, but I cannot see some these 'ADDED' applications that you mentioned in your change log.

For example, I do not have the Spare Parts, BusyBoxy, Android-wifi-tether and QuickOffice applications displayed. The same for any of the other added applications that you mentioned.

Did I do something wrong during the ROM install?

Please tell me what I'm missing/where I should be looking.

Thank you.

Double check you have the ROM installed.

Go to settings > About Phone and then check the Build number, if you installed 2.3 it should read Modaco Custom Rom 2.3 or something along those lines.. if you have an ealier version, it will have a string of numbers and letter with MCR2.2c or MCR2.2 something like that in there.

Ifit's installed, the apps should be there... I can't see hoe they would not be... :S

Guest PhonePersona
Double check you have the ROM installed.

Go to settings > About Phone and then check the Build number, if you installed 2.3 it should read Modaco Custom Rom 2.3 or something along those lines.. if you have an ealier version, it will have a string of numbers and letter with MCR2.2c or MCR2.2 something like that in there.

Ifit's installed, the apps should be there... I can't see hoe they would not be... :S

Its the right ROM, but I don't have the apps.

I'll start from scratch and see what happens.

Thanks.

Hi.

I've got a small issue that I'm hoping is something simple. I applied the ROM, and it all updated fine. I installed Google Maps again, and that's what I'm having a problem with.

The maps app keeps starting for some reason. Also, if I reboot my phone it thinks it's the first time I've run maps: I have to OK the splash screen and rejoin Latitude again.

Can someone help?

Thanks,

Ben

Im also having this issue, it seems to forget that ive run maps before and joined latitude. I tried reinstalling but still not working correctly.

Guest bbawden
Im also having this issue, it seems to forget that ive run maps before and joined latitude. I tried reinstalling but still not working correctly.

I sorted it by reinstalling maps a couple of times, it then seemed to behave. Reboot your phone too, and see if that helps.

Guest dk1982

Dear Paul,

I updated my T-Mobile G2 Touch with the RUU that was posted up on the T-Mobile UK Website yesterday evening... I did a nandroid back up thinking that if I didn't like the ROM I would revert to your MODACO 2.2 version. Having noticed that the phone got completed wiped by the new ROM. I did steps to RE-ROOT the phone using flash rec + Cyanogen 1.4 .... The "Flash recover image" remianed greyed out... I have been looking everywhere for some step by step instructions on how to RE-Root the phone and get the custom Roms MD 2.2 back on but with no luck....

Is there a way to do this.... ?

Some help from the Forum members and "savvys" would be much appreciated.

Many thanks for all your help and advice everyone.

Darren

Guest usoska
Dear Paul,

I updated my T-Mobile G2 Touch with the RUU that was posted up on the T-Mobile UK Website yesterday evening... I did a nandroid back up thinking that if I didn't like the ROM I would revert to your MODACO 2.2 version. Having noticed that the phone got completed wiped by the new ROM. I did steps to RE-ROOT the phone using flash rec + Cyanogen 1.4 .... The "Flash recover image" remianed greyed out... I have been looking everywhere for some step by step instructions on how to RE-Root the phone and get the custom Roms MD 2.2 back on but with no luck....

Is there a way to do this.... ?

Some help from the Forum members and "savvys" would be much appreciated.

Many thanks for all your help and advice everyone.

Darren

This is a side effect of the official ROM : it removes the ability to flash a unofficial ROM easily.

it seems there's still a solution, but it seems not to always work :

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...-the-new-hboot/

Guest PhonePersona

I have a question/problem with the APN/MMS settings in the new 2.3 ROM.

What exactly is the 'Telkila' configuration?

Why am I able to receive but not send MMS messages?

I tried creating a new APN using T-Mobile settings, but the system prevented me from selecting the newly created APN.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks.

Guest clarkEEE1
I have a question/problem with the APN/MMS settings in the new 2.3 ROM.

What exactly is the 'Telkila' configuration?

Why am I able to receive but not send MMS messages?

I tried creating a new APN using T-Mobile settings, but the system prevented me from selecting the newly created APN.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks.

If you install 2. 2 and then flash 2.3 over the top apn settings are still there, if you do a wipe you loose them. I think pauk will fix this in his next Rom.

Guest ghoonk
Are you serious? It's only been a couple of weeks since the last update, have a little patience.

There have been a lot of suggestions on what to include in the next update, so I'd rather have a fully loaded quality ROM than a rushed one that has just been pushed quickly.

no disrespect to paul, but keep in mind that cyanogen updates regularly, and I wouldn't be asking about 2.4 if paul hadn't mentioned about releasing it some weeks back.

Version 2.4 online in first post!

Changelog:

- Faster than 2.2!

- Recommended for use with radio 63.18.55.06FU_6.35.07.08

- New WWE core image

- Another busybox update - 1.15.2 release

- Added dropbear binaries in ROM (will add as a service in a later release)

- Replaced CustomLocale with MoreLocales

- Added IM application in ROM

- Maps is now no longer removed

- Other tweaks I forgot!

I also readded the donation link to the first post by request.

P

Guest Mark'Oh!
Version 2.4 online in first post!

Hey Paul!

Thanks for the update!

But i do get an error trying to update from 2.2. Here's the log:

Copying files...

E:Can't chown/mod /data/xbin/nano

(No such file or directory)

E:Failure at line 365:

set_perm 0 0 04755 DATA:xbin/nano

Installation aborted.

Should i update to 2.3 first or am i doing something wrong here?

Cheers

Guest Chatt76
Hey Paul!

Thanks for the update!

But i do get an error trying to update from 2.2. Here's the log:

Copying files...

E:Can't chown/mod /data/xbin/nano

(No such file or directory)

E:Failure at line 365:

set_perm 0 0 04755 DATA:xbin/nano

Installation aborted.

Should i update to 2.3 first or am i doing something wrong here?

Cheers

I have same problem!

Im coming from 2.2.

Edit: But it says: Build-No: MoDaCo Custom ROM 2.4 Core

Edited by Chatt76