10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Mark'Oh!
2.5 up, sorry for the inconvenience!

P

I don't know if it's due to 2.4 or the new radio but it seems impossible to adjust the conversation volume. it seems to be at max all the time.

Guest joransrb

downloading now, and looking forward to try it :)

just tried with your updated 2.4, and i got error saying bad...

but what is the size of the the 2.4 updated...? mine is aprox 75mb, so i think its not completely downloaded...

anyways, great work Paul, and keep it up :D

Guest kendon

as a site note: whenever i use something like andvanced task manager or advanced task killer to kill all running processes sense is also killed, though it doesn't show up in the list of running processes. i did the same before (kill all running) and sense wasn't killed. i will install 2.5 as soon as it is out as *IMHO* the IM app is crap.

the rom so far is really fast, the "feeled" bootup time is roughly half of MCR2.3 :)

Guest kendon
downloading now, and looking forward to try it :)

just tried with your updated 2.4, and i got error saying bad...

but what is the size of the the 2.4 updated...? mine is aprox 75mb, so i think its not completely downloaded...

anyways, great work Paul, and keep it up :D

75 is wrong, its just under 90mb:

92631255 2009-10-08 14:24 2.4-update-hero-modacocustomrom-core-signed.zip

89M 2009-10-08 14:24 2.4-update-hero-modacocustomrom-core-signed.zip

Guest kendon
I don't know if it's due to 2.4 or the new radio but it seems impossible to adjust the conversation volume. it seems to be at max all the time.

cannot confirm that. i can adjust the volume, the bar on the screen changes aswell as the volume of the speaker itself. 2.4 with newest radio.

Guest Mark'Oh!
cannot confirm that. i can adjust the volume, the bar on the screen changes aswell as the volume of the speaker itself. 2.4 with newest radio.

yes, the bar changes here as well, but the volume doesn't :/

let's see how 2.5 works.

Guest joransrb
75 is wrong, its just under 90mb:

92631255 2009-10-08 14:24 2.4-update-hero-modacocustomrom-core-signed.zip

89M 2009-10-08 14:24 2.4-update-hero-modacocustomrom-core-signed.zip

thanks, thats what i thought :)

Guest Chatt76

I think I don´t need to ugrade from 2.4 to 2.5, right?

my IM is not crashing.

Is there anything else changing in new version? There is just IM in the changelog.

Guest Mark'Oh!
yes, the bar changes here as well, but the volume doesn't :/

let's see how 2.5 works.

well, odd... but everything seems to be back to normal in 2.5

thanks again, paul! :)

Guest jonathanmusto
I think I don´t need to ugrade from 2.4 to 2.5, right?

my IM is not crashing.

Is there anything else changing in new version? There is just IM in the changelog.

Sucessfully updated from 2.2e to 2.5e with new radio without a wipe and all downloaded and done via the phone itself! Thanks again Paul. Anyone else hate the new people widget though? Is there anyway of going back to the old one?

Guest BoogWeed

Ok, I just upgraded to 2.5e from 2.2e without a wipe and all seems well far.

Will report any findings as they happen.

Thanks Paul, great work!

Guest Merago

Hi there,

I installed 2.4 after wiping (this was before 2.5 was released). I'm now getting an error on startup saying

"process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly"

However, everything I've tested so far seems ok, except that I can't seem to download anything from the Apps Market (everything just gets listed as "Starting download...".

I'm probably being a complete tube and I've missed something obvious, but I can't work out what. Any suggestions?

(I'm assuming 2.5 won't fix my issue, unless the force close issue is caused by the IM software?)

Edited by Merago

Guest Mark'Oh!
"process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly"

i had that error after trying to remove google talk and its services from my device.

Namely ImProvider.apk and gtalkservice.apk. Apparently each and everyone of them is necessary, even though i don't use Google Talk.

Maybe you're missing one of those?

Guest phillevy

I just updated 2.5 + radio over 2.0 without a wipe - all seems perfect so far although I can't detect any noticable speed increase. I'll report back if any problems. Thanks a lot Paul!

Paul upgraded to 2.5, now can't see protected apps in Market Place.

Gone back down to 2.2 and everything is fine again.

Any advice.

Edited by gaz31

Guest kendon
as a site note: whenever i use something like andvanced task manager or advanced task killer to kill all running processes sense is also killed, though it doesn't show up in the list of running processes. i did the same before (kill all running) and sense wasn't killed. i will install 2.5 as soon as it is out as *IMHO* the IM app is crap.

the rom so far is really fast, the "feeled" bootup time is roughly half of MCR2.3 :)

i figured that if i ignore "mail" in the killing list sense ui doesn't get killed. so everything works great now! thanks again paul.

Guest dk1982

Dear Paul,

I installed the Official T-Mobile Update that came out a couple of days ago. I am having difficulties re-rooting the phone. Is this it? Will the phone ever be ROOTABLE in the future?

Any chance of a breakthrough in the future? Has anyone had a any luck cracking this problem?

Many thanks

Darren