10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest professordes

I installed the custom image without a wipe, but after un-installing Google Maps and a previously installed (but non-working) wifi-tether. All was fine and dandy with the new ROM

apart from Google Maps which I had to install/un-install/install again from the market to stop it crashing on opening. All my settings were retained. Wifi tether is working now, good stuff :D , as is the androided version of dropbear, which also wasn't working for me on a rooted stock Orange UK ROM.

Guest vik2001

Lovely bit of work Paul. im new to android followed the instructions and worked a treat, no errors and easy to do.

everything is alot faster, and def no lag. on my G2 Touch on t-mobile uk,

i cant access any videos on mobile.spankwire.com [NSFW!]. i get "media file type not supported" it requires flash to work, and works no probs on my nokia n97

is it something that needs configuring?

Guest jonathanmusto

Hi All,

First post!! I'm new to this whole Andriod thing, just got my HTC Hero last week. So far I've stretched as far as rooting it and using the TA Utility to move my cache to SD. I've been reading through the various threads on here, am I right in assuming that this custom ROM is not based on the 'smooth as treacle', yet to be released ROM from your YouTube video? Is this leaked ROM any faster than the stock Hero ROM?

Thanks!

Jonathan

Guest vik2001
Hi All,

First post!! I'm new to this whole Andriod thing, just got my HTC Hero last week. So far I've stretched as far as rooting it and using the TA Utility to move my cache to SD. I've been reading through the various threads on here, am I right in assuming that this custom ROM is not based on the 'smooth as treacle', yet to be released ROM from your YouTube video? Is this leaked ROM any faster than the stock Hero ROM?

Thanks!

Jonathan

i say this ROM is smooth, b weird for it to be any smoother. im preety sure its the same rom on the video as it has the java applet on this rom when loaded. no i answered yr question can u try spankwire.com on yr fone and see if it plays the videos, because on my hero its not working :D i wana get to the bottom of this..

Guest vik2001

has any1 else noticed after applying this ROM the phone is not getting overheated when charging?? must be something in the rom update........

before the update on the original tmobile rom the phone was HOT when charging, now normal with new rom

Guest ccsnet

Paul.... not got mine as they are still pending stock ( I think its due to people like me getting hacked off waiting for the i7500 but I digress ).... basically I've not had chance to try this one.

I like stock ( eg start from a HTC build not say Tmobile ) but trimed of the stuff I'll never use and where needed a few regular extras / utills that I would use..... do you think your build sounds right for this ?

It looks right but with out been able to play its hard to say.....

Terran

Guest Stevie B
Hi All,

Thanks!

Jonathan

I'm 99.9% sure Paul has stated that this is NOT the super smooth ROM. At time of writing this I couldn't remember on which thread I read it

Guest htclova

Paul,

I have a couple of questions.

first is which radio update is which? im not sure which one to install.

also I have a problem with this ROm where the screen orientation does not change from vertical to horizontal.

Anyone else have this problem??

Cheers ben

Guest marianne2

i have english language on my HTC Hero but english/norwegian/danish keyboard. When upgrading to Pauls ROM, will I miss the scandinavien keyboards/dictonaries?

Guest cdmackay
first is which radio update is which? im not sure which one to install.

there are two radio images listed here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...ate-zip-format/

63.18.55.06_6.35.04.25

63.18.55.06_6.35.05.15

you will probably find that your phone has the first one (settings - about phone - baseband version), as that is the commonly shipped version. The second one is the newer one.

Guest Christophe Vandeplas

I performed the radio and firmware update.

Everything looks fine without a factory-reset.

I added the huge-weather-clock back to the homescreen, but it is still animated.

(in contrary to the video where Paul showed the new firmware/speed).

The firmwareversion in the about section shows the new string, and I have the java software installed. So the new rom is indeed on the device.

Any idea if this is 'expected behavior' or if I should do a reset?

Thanks

Guest janjan2
i have english language on my HTC Hero but english/norwegian/danish keyboard. When upgrading to Pauls ROM, will I miss the scandinavien keyboards/dictonaries?

Yes please Paul...Would you please tell us about how to implement danish/scandinavien keyboards/dictonaries? Stil waiting....thanks a lot.

By the way I will upload the Danish nandroid backup if you need. Once again thank you very much :D

Yes please Paul...Would you please tell us about how to implement danish/scandinavien keyboards/dictonaries? Stil waiting....thanks a lot.

First - hello guys! :D

I have hero last 2-3 weeks. But my provider said to me: "Okey, fine, but data plan you will have from next month, now you have to pay something like 1euro for 2mb.". So i turned off internet. But it's almost end.. just couple of days and then upgrade, mails, ssh, freedom!

I want to make some app (android API is pretty nice) or customize existing to my needs, but digging deeper (in rom) is too much for now for me.

Tell us how we can help you with dictionaries? From my side i can give you my actuall rom (with polish dictionary), i can find or make dictionary and give you in whatever format you want. Or something. :angry:

cheers. ;)

Second that :D

Guest janjan2

Nice to hear about new rom...waiting waiting... Thank you Paul & MoDaCo. You are the hero of htc hero.

Edited by janjan2

Guest Amdathlonuk

Guys,

I'm coming from XDA-developers and the Google G1.

When I format my SD into 3 partitions

1. 7Gb Fat32

2. 600Mb Ext3

3. 32mb Linux swap

Will the apps to SD load automatically when I download or install apps, like Cyanogen mods?

Will I have to enable the 32mb swap or again is it automatic?

Can I also check that Market, Maps, contacts.....etc are all working fine?

Thanks

Amd.

hello, i haw problem when i try to us the standard web browser on my Android Hero, i cant surf if i´m using wi-fi i Ned to us my 3G/H. if i haw wi-fi connected it don't load pages, but if i turn it off if loads pages, it seams the browser is the only program i cant us my wi-fi, the twitter prog and makrket doung haw eney problem. i haw reinstalled the rom it is stile the same problem

my info

Radio 63.18.55.06_6.35.05.15

MoDaCo Custom Hero ROM 1.79.482.3 ver 1.2

// Sorry About My Eng im Dyslectic //

Guest Stevie B
Version 1.2 is here! See first post for more details.

P

Can you tell us what the "significant" changes are please. If there are things that I'm not interested in then I don't want to risk bricking my phone for nothing. Thx

Hi !

I can't wait for testing the 1.3 :-)

What languages are included ? only english ?

Chinese (x2)

Czech

Dutch

English

French

German

Italian

Norwegian

Polish

Russian

Spanish

:D