10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Tebo2K
Everything working well, i'm still not able to install the HTC widgets either, last wipe was 3.0.

When I installed 3.1 (beta) without wiping, I couldn't install the HTC widgets. I then tried wiping and reinstalling 3.1 - now I can install the widgets... :)

Iain

Guest masterpfa
Really odd, the HTC widgets always worked on my device with MCR3.0 no problem. still work now of course. Not sure why people had issues...

Good news anyway :)

Same here, had no issues with any HTC widget on MCR3.0

Guest alfatmelmac

I can't seem to download, it just takes me to front page of site or do you have enough testers already??. Been member for a while as well.

Guest ritdaw
Just building Beta 2 with a little more optimisation code and the HTC widgets in ROM since they seem to be giving some people issues too. I'm putting them on /data tho so they're easily overwritable with new versions!

P

So glad I've subscribed Paul, you are doing an amazing job, keep up the good work!

I can't seem to download, it just takes me to front page of site or do you have enough testers already??. Been member for a while as well.

The download site does referrer checking - try a different browser, try disabling adblock, using right click save-as etc.

P

Guest treese

hey, I have subscribed wanna support you for the hard work you do, but i am running in to a problem every time i click the download link it takes me to some news page. Not that tech savvy so no clue where to go from there. hehe

any help on how where i should go, will be greatly appreciated. thanxs

Guest masterpfa
Thanks!

Do you mean 500k or 500mb?

I've been using cyanogen recovery, but I think I will try Amon Ra this time round.

What do you recommend?

Doh typo

512 MB

I prefer AmonRa and it appears most people here use AmonRa in one form or another, 1.5.2 being the latest last time I checked

(30 secs ago!)

:)

Guest masterpfa

OK have been playing arounf with the phone since this Beta was put up.

HTC widgets installed no problems, no wipe, but widgets were working for me with MCR3.0

Wi-Fi OK

3G/H all OK

Co-Pilot Live OK

No problems what so ever so far, loading more apps as we speak Internal memory 50MB free, Free RAM 30.0MB

Battery seems to be doing OK too

Benchmark results

Graphics: 113.74778

CPU: 158.4764

Memory: 143.68716

Filesystem 12.298478

Still monitoring

Guest mvorchard

Great work, Paul. Great work!!!! Greetings and many thanks from Chile!

I have my 3.1 working ok with enhanced.zip, swap, a2sd, etc enabled and was wondering what would be the nicest/cleanest install for this 3.1 version... what bothers me is all the talk about the need (or not) for swapper, and task manager, etc...

Should I remove my 8Gb Class 6 SD card ( B-) ), wipe it (partition and all), and try a wipe and install from scratch?

Thanks again.

Cheers!

MO

Guest BoogWeed
Doh typo

512 MB

I prefer AmonRa and it appears most people here use AmonRa in one form or another, 1.5.2 being the latest last time I checked

(30 secs ago!)

Thanks for your reply. I decided to go with Amon Ra, however I have to downgrade my phone first from 2.73. I'm following the 'Goldcard' method but am having trouble finding the "T-Mobile UK 1.76.110.6 RUU" I've got the non-tmobile, generic one but it doesn't work!

Can anyone provide a link to T-Mobile UK 1.76.110.6 RUU, I've looked around but cant find it as a RUU.

Thanks! B)

Guest foxmeister
Class 2 is slower than class 4, so it depends if you need the space! B)

Not necessarily! :)

The class of the card doesn't tell you how fast it is - it tells you it's minimum "slowness". A good quality class 2 card can often outperform a poor quality class 4 (or even class 6!). The class is a guarantee of the minimum performance level, not the actual speed of the card itself. Here's an example of a class 2 card that performs at twice the class 6 minimum speed.

The point is that when you buy a card, look for independent reviews that have actually measured the read/write speeds of the cards, and buy accordingly.

Regards,

Dave

Guest Chicaned

Easy Paul.

Cheers for the hard work. On this cold and wintery night which flavour of radio will cut through the snow better?

Are you running 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.28 by any chance?

Guest genocida

My first impresion is good.

The programs open more fast, but in the contacts and menu's I have a little slowdown.

The dalvik-cache reduced the size from 50 MB to 25MB !Great!

I come from MCR 3.0, Teknologist 1.9.1 and davilk-cache in /cache.

Good Job Paul!

On the first page is mentioned nano is part of MCR. It's my favourite CLI editor on Ubuntu, but when I run adb shell and type nano, I get "nano: not found". So, how to use nano?

Guest rentes
On the first page is mentioned nano is part of MCR. It's my favourite CLI editor on Ubuntu, but when I run adb shell and type nano, I get "nano: not found". So, how to use nano?

Hello, I have a question on the "radio" update.

I would like to update the radio-firmware, due to low connectivity I already have installed the Modaco ROm 3.0 and partitioned the SD card to partly memory, swap and storage. However when I copied the radio.zip to the storage card, I does not find it when rebooting in recovery mode. Has probably to do with the partioning.

Is it possible to update radio without full wipe of the phone? How do I get the file in such a way stored, it is found at recovery mode.

Thx,