10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fantasytozi

As far as I know, u dont have to wipe if u coming from MCR 1.2 onwards, or the stock 2.73.x updates.

I just flashed MCR 3.0 from MCR 2.9, no wipe and every personal data seem to stayed just great :)

Guest commodoor
As far as I know, u dont have to wipe if u coming from MCR 1.2 onwards, or the stock 2.73.x updates.

I just flashed MCR 3.0 from MCR 2.9, no wipe and every personal data seem to stayed just great :)

No i mean if i remove everything in mccr like rosie and that kind of stuf will this effect the update

It will come out tomorrow. stay tuned :) (btw this is also been asked)

Sorry for my Impatience

Have read everything, but i am so excited that I thought I had missed something

Guest fantasytozi

Im not so sure, but as u can see in the kitchen sneak peek, Rosie is not included in the required files, so maybe no effect at all :)

EDIT: just another thought, maybe all beautiful HTC widgets from Sense require Rosie to work, so... dont delete it:D

Edited by fantasytozi

Guest keef319
Thank you Ikamatos.

I am confused as to the reason why the Firmware version reported in "About Phone" is 1.5 with MoDaCo image where the latest available in the standard image is 1.6?

Cheers,

L

The Hero never went to 1.6. HTC are skipping 1.6 and going straight to 2.1 SOMEDAY!!!

Guest ikamatos
The Hero never went to 1.6. HTC are skipping 1.6 and going straight to 2.1 SOMEDAY!!!

Yes, "someday" is the expected time of arrival for 2.1 :)

Edited by ikamatos

Guest Carl_Brummy

Paul, so far great work!

Question on SU though, I have noticed that any app that requires SU seems to launch the Super User app, and this just hangs with a blank screen. I then have to go back to the home screen, re-run the app. Is this normal? I was trying to run Titanium backup, which doesn't appear to do anything...just hangs on blank screen saying Loading...

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Carl.

Guest mreinkober

Great ROM, thnx Paul!

Facing an issue with MMS, however:

Received an electronic boarding pass from my airline including a 4KB pic. The message shows a "Download" button. Pressing the button prompts a "Download unsuccessful" message.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Guest Bol2riz
RC2 is *seriously* slower than RC1...I had RC1 running all yesterday, and RC2 all today.

RC2 is laggy from wakeup, laggy on scroll and generally slow to respond - it's got worse through the day (even after reboots) & Touch Input has crashed twice and it's quite icky to use - whereas RC1 is like silk on glass.

+1 regarding the wake up feedback.

Guest Laurentbon

Thank you All,

I was under the impression that 2.0 was going to be skipped with the Hero going from 1.6 to 2.1 (eventually). Didn't know that the jump to 1.6 never happened..

L

Guest peter.taylor

Hi Paul,

sadly i'm not a paid member, maybe one day, but i can't justify it at the moment. :)

just a thought...... would it be possible for you to add some way of finding out which paid member has leaked the rom? i.e putting a key or a watermark in the image?

like many on here, i really appriciate your work, and think its only fair that the ones who pay, get it before anyone else.

Guest v_iliev

Hi Paul.

Thanks for the great work you're doing for all of us out there.

I've just subscribed for the add free - that's the least we could do to support you.

Once again - thank you and keep up the good work.

Cheers

Vladi

P.S. Is there anything I could do to help you add Bulgarian keyboard support to the future releases ?

Guest masterpfa
No not really, if i don't want the HTC UI but maybe I want the HTC keyboard. i like the HTC keyboard. some stuff of HTC are great but they have to make the rosie better and faster. if you compare the original rosie and the one from Paul you will see a huge difference and i know Paul hasn't the source for it so he made everything faster without the source, so i think HTC has to do a better job.

and btw when we use mccr, can we just update or do we have to wipe first?

I have managed to install without wiping!

You won't be disappointed :)

Guest masterpfa
Great ROM, thnx Paul!

Facing an issue with MMS, however:

Received an electronic boarding pass from my airline including a 4KB pic. The message shows a "Download" button. Pressing the button prompts a "Download unsuccessful" message.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Are you having problems with all MMS messages, have you tried sending one to yourself to see if that works?

New version online!

Changelog

Based on shipping 2.73.405.66

Includes Teknologist's kernel 1.91

Built with my new MCR build process which reduces size and boost speed of the ROM

Updated Busybox, ROM is now compatible with Droid Explorer

All 4 available HTC widgets now included in ROM

Updated Wireless Tether app

Added Titanium Backup

:)

P