10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest davey4444

Got my ROM earlier before everything blew up and it seems to be fine. The only problem is that I'm sure that I selected to get the HTC Widgets and they're not there. I had this problem with RC2 and when I go to the market I can see the widgets there but get the installation error.

No need for checksum is there? The zip signature is checked by the recovery image, and it won't match if the download is corrupt?

would be nice to have one nevertheless, to check for corrupted downloads etc.

Guest soopahfly

Hi Paul.

This rom is great, really snappy....with one problem.

My Wifi doesn't work since flashing :)

Baseband - 63.18.55.06UJ_6.35.08.29

Edited by soopahfly

Got my ROM earlier before everything blew up and it seems to be fine. The only problem is that I'm sure that I selected to get the HTC Widgets and they're not there. I had this problem with RC2 and when I go to the market I can see the widgets there but get the installation error.

You need to do a wipe before you flash. This market problem is something which came with a previous ROM you have installed.

Guest rico2k_uk

Nice work Paul! Worked fantastically!

Only one slight critisim - the application removal choice doesnt go quite as far as i would like. I have a replacement calculator app, dolphin browser, and dont use things like gtalk. Not a problem as i have my own program that will delete all unused apps for me.

Guest davey4444
You need to do a wipe before you flash. This market problem is something which came with a previous ROM you have installed.

Ah ha, thanks!

Everything else works great and I want to add to the number of people who are thanking Paul for doing this.

I baked and downloaded before the kitchen shutdown and ended up with a 158 Mb zip file. Can this be correct...?

I had the below parts included.

Core/Google Maps/Google Voice Search/Sense/Mail/Market widgets/Notes/Sync/Jbed Java/Quickoffice/Spare Parts/Titanium Backup/WiFi status indicator/WiFi tethering/Business Card Reader/Dropbear SSH server

Any help appreciated...

I got a 145MB file and was wondering the same, looks to be the same components, but I didn't want the the Business Card Reader.

EDIT: In reply to hbert

Edited by Guest

Baked a few over the weekend in the Testers area, and am thoroughly impressed with it! You all have a treat coming up - it's completely worth the wait while Paul gets things working his end! I will definitely keep using it!

Guest maini85

Thanks a lot for your great work Paul. Runs really nice and smooth!

But still not possible for me to install the new HTC Widgets. Did my upgrade from 3.0 without wipe.

Installed and pleased.

Excellent Job. Thanks.

Tatwamasi, did you install it on your telephone and if so, did it work correctly....

:)

Obviously I did a Nandroid just in case.

EDIT: So much more RAM available, I've never had more than about 30mb free since I started paying attention to it but with quite a number of apps open I've got 68mb free on the ROM.

Edited by Guest

The script is now sitting on it's own box, so aside from anything else it won't bring MoDaCo down with it! :)

Now looking for a reasonably priced box with TONS of CPU, a lot of bandwidth, a fair bit of disk space and plenty of bandwidth.

P

PS This is why it's a premium-member-only service...