BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

I'm not understanding the issue. Can you help me out with some more info?

I re-flashed to your ROM yesterday after a breif foray into the M2D world. I installed SPB News and somw othe stuff. Awhile later the SPB News icon on the launcher was the blank box rather then its normal icon. This also happened with Titanium Weather and a couple other icons in the Utilities folder. Does that help?

If I re-install SPB News (for example) it will be ok for a while (hours or days) then the icon may disappear agian. I have not been able to put my finger on when or why but I am watching.

Guest blazingwolf
I re-flashed to your ROM yesterday after a breif foray into the M2D world. I installed SPB News and somw othe stuff. Awhile later the SPB News icon on the launcher was the blank box rather then its normal icon. This also happened with Titanium Weather and a couple other icons in the Utilities folder. Does that help?

If I re-install SPB News (for example) it will be ok for a while (hours or days) then the icon may disappear agian. I have not been able to put my finger on when or why but I am watching.

Format My Storage.

Guest BrianPick

Ok a couple of things.

1. Been having to test a Redfly for work so I have been podding around in 6.1 for a month or so.

2. Been running linux for work.

3. Redfly has 6.5 drivers.

4. Going back to 6.5.

5. Most importantly, are you looking to a new ROM. I have not been following this thread so forgive me if this has been previously addressed.

Guest blazingwolf
Ok a couple of things.

1. Been having to test a Redfly for work so I have been podding around in 6.1 for a month or so.

2. Been running linux for work.

3. Redfly has 6.5 drivers.

4. Going back to 6.5.

5. Most importantly, are you looking to a new ROM. I have not been following this thread so forgive me if this has been previously addressed.

Hi, welcome back. :D

5. Look at post 941 or so. It shows an image of what I have been working on. Still have things to sort out as some things are not working yet. The background shown is not final.

Guest ofos0926

hey BW this Rom is amazing im liking the design and all around construction of the Rom ..i flashed this rom last night making it my FIRST ROM EVER TO BE FLASHED ON MY OMNIA ...it was scary, thrilling and amazing ...but i have one question how do i get apps from the WM marketplace to be installed in the storage memory and not on the devices limited memory...

also i accidently made a shortcut of an application onto the start menu and when i installed the application there where two icons from the same application that opened the application when i touched either one ...is there a way i could take it off i already tried uninstalling and then rmoving and deleting any remaining files ..but i cant get the icon to go away its a program called palringo ...very nice program by the way ..

hey BW this Rom is amazing im liking the design and all around construction of the Rom ..i flashed this rom last night making it my FIRST ROM EVER TO BE FLASHED ON MY OMNIA ...it was scary, thrilling and amazing ...but i have one question how do i get apps from the WM marketplace to be installed in the storage memory and not on the devices limited memory...

also i accidently made a shortcut of an application onto the start menu and when i installed the application there where two icons from the same application that opened the application when i touched either one ...is there a way i could take it off i already tried uninstalling and then rmoving and deleting any remaining files ..but i cant get the icon to go away its a program called palringo ...very nice program by the way ..

There is a patched version of Marketplace so you can install programs on your storage. I attached the file below.

For the extra shortcut, have you tried using the File Explorer and going to the start menu folder and deleting it?

Marketplace_Patched.cab

Guest Snickasaurus

So when you open UMDL and click the "PDA" button to search for a file is it not locating the ROM you want or do you get an error loading up? Whats the file extension of the file you downloaded? Perhaps it's .zip or .rar cause if you downloaded from the links on the first post of this thread then it ends in .zip so the file will have to be extracted first.

I searched over this thread and have not seen anything about it so I figured I'd ask. I was trying to use the microsoft tag software on the phone and it doesn't seem to be focusing correctly. I place the tag in the brackets and it does nothing. I looks all fuzzy and out of focus...is this something that can be fixed? I know if i use my camera and try to take a picture of the tag, it can focus with no problems.

Thanks

Guest ofos0926
There is a patched version of Marketplace so you can install programs on your storage. I attached the file below.

For the extra shortcut, have you tried using the File Explorer and going to the start menu folder and deleting it?

MUCH THANKS ..NEVER THOUGHT TO LOOK IN THE START MENU FOLDER IN THE WINDOWS FOLDER PROBLEM FIXED ....and thanks also for the WM Marketplace patch cab....iIT WORKED SO AWESOMe NOW I DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MEMORY SHORTAGE...especially with 8GBs of memory ..thank you soooooooooo much

Guest rndchef

BW, any chance I can get a cab for the LG Insite keyboard you used on Black? I have searched for the better part of today and not found it as you have it in the rom.

Thanks.

Guest blazingwolf
BW, any chance I can get a cab for the LG Insite keyboard you used on Black? I have searched for the better part of today and not found it as you have it in the rom.

Thanks.

Sorry, I haven't been able to make it in to a cab file that won't kill your device.

Does the same go for the kb used in your "Blue"?

or is that one available somewhere?

because i love that keyboard, most others are using that super tiny keyboard that stays the same size when rotated.. and i can't hit with my fingers.

Guest tall_matt

Quick question before I try my first flash, as I don't really know many of the (pretty common) abbreviations on the apps included/removed.

Are the MS Office apps still there? I do have to use this phone for work.

Also, I'm not really sure of the way to go back to Verizon's default. I'm at CF03 now, if I want to go back to what Verizon gives - how do I do that?

And finally - the UMDL version that I've downloaded is 2.3....good? or find a newer one somewhere?

Thanks

Edited by tall_matt

Guest Snickasaurus

He left the MS Apps on there. As for the default Verizon ROM you will have to search around here and the XDA forums. I know I have seen it as I wanted it too. I did download it but after a few weeks now I deleted it and haven't looked back but the CFO3 rom helped with a few bugs so I'm not sure why you would want to go back unless it's a company phone or you are concerned about phone insurance or something.

UMDL is only up to 2.3 that I know of.

Guest reaver76
Quick question before I try my first flash, as I don't really know many of the (pretty common) abbreviations on the apps included/removed.

Are the MS Office apps still there? I do have to use this phone for work.

Also, I'm not really sure of the way to go back to Verizon's default. I'm at CF03 now, if I want to go back to what Verizon gives - how do I do that?

And finally - the UMDL version that I've downloaded is 2.3....good? or find a newer one somewhere?

Thanks

You cannot go back to the default ROM that ships with the phone. But, CFO3 is the official update offered by Verizon, therefore it is the official ROM. All you need to do is download the official updater from Verizon and follow the directions. CFO3 contains the same stuff that shipped with the phone. It just fixed some issues and enabled GPS. If you find a ROM that has removed the MS apps, you can always get the cab that has MS Office and re-load it.

One Warning!! Once you start to flash your phone you will never stop!! It's an addiction. Welcome to the club!

Guest wdrake_98

Hi Wolf,

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked and answered . I did my best to search, but didn't find anything.

A co-worker installed your lastest rom on my Omnia last week.

Everything worked fine until I setup Active Sync to pull my corporate email to my phone.

It enabled various security policies.

I've found a few other pages that pointed to varous registry settings to set to disable the security policies, however nothing seems to disable the security policy to not all unsigned applications to be installed or run.

Thus, many of the applications that are installed as part of the ROM I can no longer run, including File Exporer.

Registry settings I've updated:

Disable the security warning when installing non-certified application: HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies00101a = 1

Enable/Disable Exchange Security Policy: HKLM\Security\Policies001023 = 1

Enable/Disable Inactivity Time: HKLM\Comm\Security\Policy\LASSD\AE\{50C13377-C66D-400C-889E-C316FC4AB374}\AEFrequencyType = 0

Since makes the changes I've rebooted a few times and have turned off the password policy. However, as I said, I can't get any unsigned programs to work.

Guest tall_matt

OK - I've got a question about the keyboards.

None of the settings to suggest words (ie, what used to be called predictive text) seem to work at all. I find the portrait mode keypad very cumbersome to use without that ability, and the landscape mode just doesn't seem to allow enough space to see anything (as well as not helping with fat fingered words)

Any way to get this to work that I'm missing? i do see options to suggest number of words, and other things - but they don't seem to do anything.

was anyone able to install and get the Pandora Cab file working after installing the BW WM6.5 Blue Rom? I have it installed but they keyboard does not show. So I cant input my account information or even search for a song.. :-(

Guest blazingwolf
im still wondering if the blue kb is cabbed somewhere, i saw the reply saying the black is a no go. but what about the blue?

The keyboards are the same, so no it has not been cabbed in a form that will work. Sorry.

Guest blazingwolf
was anyone able to install and get the Pandora Cab file working after installing the BW WM6.5 Blue Rom? I have it installed but they keyboard does not show. So I cant input my account information or even search for a song.. :-(

Isn't this a known issue with Pandora on WM devices?

Guest ZACKIECHAN

Hey wolf, flashed your rom, looks great so far with one personal issue. no predictive text. are there any keyboards available/in the making that are capable of using predictive text? im sure this question has been answered but i didnt find it in my quick glance of the 52 pages.